Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Translations correction

Our customers are reporting wrong core translations.
    Would it be possible to make some corrections given that we would provide the list.
    See example from German culture (incorrect BREITE instead of correct JA)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Facebook shop integration

Several,clients recurring ask us for the ability to connect kentico ecommerce with facebook shop are like so they need the connector like
    https://woocommerce.com/products/facebook/
    Please let me know how to achieve the same feature with Kentico with Facebook
    This is a really key desition for themsolutions so they need the connector like
    https://woocommerce.com/products/facebook/
    I think this is a must to now in the ecommerce market.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Glossary

Create the ability to add a glossary of terms with definitions. Allow searching through it and allow terms to be categorized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Redirect URLs/Aliases When Archiving a Page

When I delete a page, I have the option to "Redirect old URLs to another page", which is great because one does not want to create broken links or 404 errors on your site for UX and SEO purposes.

However when I archive a page, I don't have this option and have to manually follow these steps:

- change original page alias
    - copy all aliases individually from original page
    - archive original page
    - past all aliases to redirected page

When I archive a microsite with 10 pages and each page has 5-10 aliases, this becomes very time consuming…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve user role permission settings

I think the current way Kentico is handling the permissions is not the way to go. I am very surprised that a Role is applied to the Kentico tree (pages) even if I don’t add the role in the tree. We have a large site with multiple editors. Some editors are only allowed to work in one part of the Kentico Tree. Now I have to create a lot of ‘denies’ and when there is a user that has more than one role (for example a website part and a intranet part) I need to create a new role for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disable selected users all at one time

Add the ability to disable multiple users at once in the Users app. Currently when you select multiple users you can 'Delete' selected items. I'm looking to just disable them.
    The use case is where you want your editors disabled in your production environment but they become re-enabled through the staging of objects and data from stage environment to production environment.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow import/export of XLIFF translation files for custom resource strings in the Localization app

Kentico allows you to define custom, translatable resource strings via the Localization application, under the Resource strings tab.

However, it doesn't look like there's a built-in method to export those resource strings to XLIFF file(s) for translation to other cultures.

It would be beneficial to have the ability to send XLIFF files to a translation company to translate into a new culture, and import the updated XLIFF files directly into the site, as we can currently do with pages.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Save and Add Another" button in Modules

It would be great if we could add a button for "Save and Add Another" to screens built in in the Module section, just like you can for Custom Tables. Without that button it is a clumsy process to save, then go back a screen to click the button to add new.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically generate scheduled tasks for web farms

When you are using web farms, a few scheduled tasks need to be configured to execute on every server. When new servers are created by a rolling update or during auto-scaling, these tasks need to be created manually, or by writing a custom handler to generate them. It would be great if they could be flagged for automatic creation.

The custom handler solution is described here:
    http://blogs.jeroenfurst.nl/blog/august-2015/automatically-generate-scheduled-tasks-for-web-far

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A Few SEO Options

A few seo options that would be nice to have.

1. When adding a link to an external site, tick box to add the rel="nofollow" tag.

2. Canonical link element. Build the canonical link element settings into the CMS

3. Add a tick box option in the document properties - metadata options page to set the following tag: <meta name="robots" content="noindex" />

4. Add function so you can manage the robots.txt file direct from the CMS. For multiple site installs could some form of rewriter work to allow a separate robots.txt for each site

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to insert webparts/widgets in between other webparts/widgets (Not only on the bottom)

Hello, I'd love to see a way to add a widget above/below an already existing widget when in a widget zone on the Page tab or add a webpart above/below an already existing webpart in the Design tab. Currently, when adding a new widget or webpart to their respective zones, it is automatically placed at the end of the list. This is a hassle when a page is created with many widgets/webparts and then a click and drag is needed to place the item where it needs to go.

Thank you,

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide "proxy mode" option for Banned IPs

When Kentico runs behind a load balancer, the Banned IP application is unable to react to the visitor's IP because the requests carry the IP of the load balancer. Microsoft provides a proxy mode in IIS to address this problem. A similar solution in Kentico would be helpful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/get-started/whats-new-in-iis-8/iis-80-dynamic-ip-address-restrictions#configuring-iis-for-proxy-mode

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Custom table description

It would be nice if you there could be a text description for a custom table. This could be displayed at the top of the table data list to describe the purpose of the table, or to give instructions for data entry.

I'm thinking this could be either an additional field under a custom table's "General" settings, or an alternative form (with a custom layout containing only text) using a reserved keyword (like 'filter','insert','update' or 'newculture')

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support for OpenID Connect

Support for OpenID Connect.
    Although OpenID 2.0 is supported on Kentico, it seems that the newer OpenId Connect is not supported yet. I am sure that in future there will be more clients wanting to implement Connect instead so it would be great if they benefit a native support instead of handling custom external authentications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to see what webparts are using particular transformations

It would be a welcome addition to the kentico interface to be able to see where a certain transformation is being used. This could be implemented the same way as in pages were you can see what documents are using a particular page type. This would aid in the changing of transformations so we can track of what those changes might be affecting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Data Encryption

Allow option to have bizform and custom table data be stored in an encrypted format.

188 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. CSS List Menu - Additional Class Property for <ul>

As you know, you can add css selectors to first, last, hover, mouseout, mouseover, and even add an id to the <ul>, within the web part properties.

But why do you not allow css selectors to be added to the <ul>? jQuery is the only option to add classes to the <ul>.

Just a suggestion, since you already have so many places to add css classes. Why not on the <ul> too? Also, because of better css techniques, you don’t really need many of the other options for adding css classes, if you have a class at the top level…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a field within the Form tab for a 'Review Date' and extend Outdated Pages app

Within regulated markets our clients are requesting the ability to trigger notifications / workflows for content which needs to be reviewed rather than unpublish. Currently the only way to achieve this is to use the Outdated Pages app or develop a custom scheduled task. This could be extended with content for review and also trigger a notification email. This would be great to build into the core of the project given the enterprise reach of the product now.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a culture setting for pre-computing week analytics data

Currently the web analytics of Kentico use the en-US culture to store week analytics data. Which means a week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday by default.

If a customer uses a different culture such as nl-NL, the graph period selector uses the international standard of Monday as the start day and Sunday as the last day of the week.

Selecting this will however result in a period of 2 weeks, since the weeks are rounded, which can be very confusing for the customer.

Preferably there would be an option to select the culture in which the week analytics…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to customize facebook og and twitter card metadata within the existing Metadata section of the Properties tab

There is already a functioning area to hold and edit metadata information with good inheritance rules. Can the functionality be expanded to include metadata for common social networks such as facebook and twitter? This is a widely requested feature by clients and the Metadata section in the Properties tab seems like a natural fit.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base