Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag and drop content ordering for the order stories appear on the front end. The current "arrow" solution is archaic and slow.

We need to be able to drag and drop articles in the Featured Content Listing in order to change the order they appear on the front end. Using and up/down arrow is inefficient and cumbersome. Event a manual entry number solution would be a huge improvement.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exclude from search: more flexible (no index, follow, etc.)

I can exlude a page from being indexed by search engines by selecting 'Exclude from search'. I actually sends 'two signals' to seatch engine: do not index and do not follow links on this page as well.

I would like to see that the two are seperately selectable:
    - No index
    - No follow

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full Widget Property Inheritance

We use Widgets for almost every content in our pages.
    Every Widget has the same “BASE” fields to get common settings working in every Widget an editor could use. This fields are e.g. “Headline Text”, “Headline Type”, “Show Headline”, “Show On Mobile Device”, “Background Color”, etc. Those fields are too complex to get this working with a Wep Part container.

Currenty, I used the “Clone” method to clone from a base Web Part. But this is very awful if the customer wishes to have a new common field in all Widgets. In this case I am forced to add the…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add "Reset to default widgets" to page edit toolbar

The button would reset all Editor widgets on the page to the defaults set in the page template. This is useful when specific pages have been edited but we need to reset the widgets the ones in the default template.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. CSS Editor Expand/Collapse Regions

It would be nice to have the ability to collapse regions of code in the editor to make it easier to focus on certain areas of code, and to make it easier to navigate around.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Searching/filtering variants of products

After hotfix 9.0.30 Kentico remove the seach functionality for variants throught the Product app due to "Filtering products and searching for them in the Products application caused a database query timeout on sites containing thousands of products." and by this time clients can' search for them in the ADMIN UI. It only concerns the biggest ecommerces.

There should be a new setting key for this:
    Search through variants in Products Tab - Boolean

Which will be available on ecommerce settings tab. It will turn on/off special where condition for searching/filtering for the variants throught Products app

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show name of the sender instead of email address when sending email via API

It would be great if there would be a possibility to show name of the sender in the FromEmail field when sending emails via API.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Smart search not to index content deleted or not visible webparts

The content of deleted editable text webpart is still remain in content in CMS_Document table and is indexed by smart search index (if set index type = page and set content field = DocumentContent)

Would like smart search not to index deleted or not visible content in the first place

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need faster way of choosing which fields are visible when creating widgets

I'm working on a site that has some complicated web parts that are being converted to widgets. t is a very time consuming process to go through and select all the fields to be visible on the widget. It would be nice if you could select a bunch of fields to show as visible or not, or event just a make hide show all fields button.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Validation CodeName

Validation code name for all objects internaly with rewrite engine like in the URL event handler "OnBeforeGetSafeUrlPart" to allows rewrite for example national letter to equivalent in acsii.

Rewrite letter "ł" to "l" before saving new object.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. media library search deeper

We need the ability to search the entire media library and its sub-folder. For example i want to search an image by filename or title, and i have a sub-folders the query should penetrate inside that sub-folders.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. View webpart properties without checking out the template

When using versioning and checkout/checkin for templates I have to checkout a template not only yo modify webparts on the template but also to view the properties of a webpart.
    I often need to just view the properties of webparts and this is not possible if another developer has the template checkedout.

I'd like to be able to open the properties window of a webpart in read-only mode when the template is not checkedout by me.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a "User must change password on next login" checkbox to the User module

Seems pretty straightforward. The part that might not be straightforward is that we have a group of users we manage externally and we need to have that group of users change password but the password isn't stored in Kentico but I can manage that part as long as there's a flag to check that I can reset. Yes, I could add it myself but this is a standard feature in any system that manages users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve predictive smart search performance

Improve predictive smart search webpart to use a webservice http GET call instead of POST, the latter also returns viewstate on the response header which is a waste of resources. Make keypress time delay configurable too. we have to go inside the predictive js to decrease the response time which by default set to 500ms.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Sender name to be specified in the Email templates application

Please allow us to specify a "Sender name" in the Email templates application...

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update integrated Captcha(s) to be state-of-the-art

The built-in Captchas are very simple and for years now easily broken by the bots.

In V8 there was added the "old" recaptcha - but it has a bad usability, often even human users are not able to give the correct answer.

The only solution is to use a newer captcha from the Kentico marketplace.

But it is usable only on forms.
    To use it as a "core captcha", you have to modify the core-code of MessageBoard Webparts, Blog Post Comment-Webpart and so on.
    This is not that easy and breaks any way the possibility to install updates/bug fixes...

So,…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Kentico Admins to preview without publishing page

It would be really useful if there could be a 'preview to draft' mode so that admins can preview their changes before publishing to live. The existing preview mode shows you how the page will look on the front end, but the content is published at this stage. This often confuses users.

I understand we can do this with workflow but this would be great as a basic function.

Thanks!

Kelly

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Emails in queue with time to send them

Emails in queue could have a time to be sent. It should work similar way as scheduled tasks do. Without time provided they would be sent ASAP.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adding unique key constraints in custom tables

I don't believe there's a way to specify that a certain column in a custom table should be unique, beyond writing a custom insert event that tries to detect other items with the same field.
    This would ideally be implemented using the SQL unique key constraint properties, and in the custom table Fields UI it could simply show as another "Validation Rule" dropdown option, or as a checkbox similar to "Required".

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Azure retry logic

It would be great if Kentico implemented a retry logic for queries and calls. This would be especially beneficial when running on Azure because transient errors occur quite often in this kind of environment and it is strongly recommended that you should never rely on a successful finish of any operation and rather implement a retry logic instead.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base