Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a section on the Ideas home page that lists the newest items submitted without having to click the filter?

This is more for the home page of the ideas site. I think that many options may never get votes because the site defaults to Hot ideas. If there was an additional callout to the latest 5 or 10 new ideas (with a view all newest link), that would spur people to use the filter and view the recent items. I only mention this because I forget to look at the newest items when I come back to the site.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Community & Intranet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allowing ordering of applications on the main navigation

It would be nice if when creating custom modules that appear in the main applications navigation, you could order the modules in some way other than alphabetically.

Although finding items is quite easy alphabetically it could be nice if you could group together relevant items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Content Management Product Owner

3. Remove html tags and replace unicode characters by ascii characters from url

When i create a document which its name contains somes html tags, the CMS returns a no meaning URL. I cannot add the html tags to Fobidden characters because we have too many html tags and the valid characters could be replaced too

Example:
    Document name: I am super Kentico <sup> ® <sup> CMS
    Document URL will be: /i-am-super-kentico-sup-®-sup-cms
    If I add SUB to forbidden characters, the URL will be: /i-am-er-kentico-®-cms
    Document URL should be: /i-am-super-kentico-cms

Sometime, I meet the problem with the URLs which contains unicode character. When I use URLHelper.Redirect method to redirect them, they will be encoded…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Thank you very much for this idea.

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak
    E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek

5. Make Community Group Member class customizable

Make Community Group Member class customizable to enable adding of custom fields to use groups in different ways

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komárek

6. Allow user to select OU when using AD Import Tool

Client will large number of objects in AD would like to get the option to select an Organizational unit in stead of loading everything in the AD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komárek

7. Nested (indented) replies to blog posts

We could really use the functionality where replies to blog comments are nested (indented) underneath the original comment. We would mainly be using this so we (ourselves) can reply directly to customers comments however it may also be beneficial for other customers to be able to reply to each other's comments as well, essentially starting a thread. However our primary request here is so that our own company can reply to customers - so this would just need to be in the admin area.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

8. Allow cloning of a custom table record without giving permissions for all custom tables

It seems that you can only give cloning of a record in a custom table by giving the role full rights on all custom tables. We would like to give one of our editors rights to clone records for just a single custom table.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

9. Tagging in the forum

add tag in the forum

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

10. notification alert in the website

such as when your post was answered by someone that should be notify to you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

11. xing

Hello,
    XING integration is something what is important in DACH region as another Linkedin. We have expeirenced that Xing is more popular in DACH then Linkedin.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Community & Intranet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

12. Comeptition tracking

Could you add an option where a company could list the links of competing companies and track their social media efforts and web activities? This would add great value in judging whether more social or web activity is needed to keep up with the competition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

13. Add the import of Posts object to the Import toolkit when importing Forum

We are importing Datas from a previous Forum solution and after importing Forum group & Forum, We had appreciate to import the posts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

14. To have holiday planner

Is there any chance to have holiday planner in the Kentico CMS
    - to create a vacations, sick days, study leave by user in Calendar
    - to approve it with line manager
    - to receive an informational e-mail about user holiday request

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.
    Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 6 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

15. Teaser Image in Event and Event(booking system)

I really like the new feature in Kentico 8 that allows for teaser images to be added as we had previously been using a custom document type to provide the ability to do this for some of our clients. It would be great if the teaser images could also be added to the Event and Event (booking system) document types.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Juraj Hrinik responded

This functionality can be achieved by adding field to document type CMS.Event or CMS.BookingEvent and you can use it in your transformations.

16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Anti-Stalking Software

Need anti-stalking software for friends feature, similar to the implementation recently enacted by facebook, linkedin, etc.

http://www.apogeesocialmediagroup.com/linkedins-anti-stalking-feature-implemented/

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

18. Filter Blog Posts by Author

Have a pre-built filter to allow users to filter blog posts by author and also make blog author titles in to hyperlinks that link to a list of other posts by them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

19. Meeting Room Booking System

A functionality that allows users reserve rooms for use for meetings and presentations. The Admin should be able to define meeting rooms with parameters such as location, seating capacity etc. Users should be able to view on a calendar reservations for each meeting room on a month-on-month basis and no two bookings should overlap time-wise.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 6 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

20. Recent Visitors

For social networking you add this feature for top 10 recent visitor who visit user's profile

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base