Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show database name when running under Azure

When running under Azure the database name field says not available. See the screenshot for more details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SaaS & Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

2. When a CDN is defined the API should have a method to get the media file CDN URL fo rthe CDN or the "getmedia

The API should have an operation (method) to be able to fetch the CDN URL of any media file, when a CDN is present. If the CDN is not defined the URL should be the "normal" one.
    This should be for media files URL and media files thumbnails URL.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SaaS & Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

3. Kentico CMS AMI for Amazon EC2

Prepared image for Amazon EC2 with preinstalled and configured Kentico CMS.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SaaS & Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

4. Add the ability to set TTL expiration on files copied to Azure Storage.

Currently the default 72 hours TTL is set because files are copied to Azure do not have a setting specified. Often, CDN files need to be modified and this default setting requires waiting for it to propagate in order to view the modified files.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

5. Integrate automatic scalling in EC2

integrate automatic scalling in EC2 ( increased web load > more SQL servers beiing added automatically, more webserver in webfarm (they automatically download the proper licence key etc...). everything automatically, without me configuring everything from scratch

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

6. Ability to change javascript/css locations

Let me change locations of javascript/css locations in order to put them to CDN.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

7. Please provide complete, how to setup webfarm in kentico with an exa

Please provide complete, how to setup webfarm in kentico with an example. if possible, explain how to setup in 3 servers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base