Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Control that can store multiple value

This custom control will allow us to dynamically add/edit/remove Product Label Name/description nodes (such as "How to Use", "How To Sell." Also, the description should be a larger text area.
    it will store this in Json format.

This will help us to be replicated across potentially dozens of sites on same domain, so we dont need to create more fields.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Thank you very much for this idea.

The best practice, in this case, is to create your own custom form control with the desired functionality. Our current strategy with form controls and web part is to keep the count low as we already are over bloated with single purpose items. I hope you understand.

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 3 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak
    E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

2. CSRF attack disable on certain page configuration

Disable CSRF option is a must because sometime Payment Gateway post data to website. As a result system throw an error Value s is null /CSRF attack detected. We cannot control payment gateway, So this option is a must.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

3. Make reports installable in custom modules

When creating custom modules, there is no possibility to include reports that are bound to the module when creating installation packages.

It would simplify the custom module installation process a lot, especially when there are numerous reports.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

4. Report permissions

There needs to be a way to manage access to report categories or particular reports using user role permissions.

We are often creating reports that agregarte data across mutiple sites and these should not be avialbale to all editors on all sites just because they need to have access to other site level reports.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 6 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

5. Ignore Process Domain Prefix when under azurewebsites.net

Currently we implement most of our sites on Kentico within the Azure environment. One of the issues we consistently have project to project is when we set the Process Domain Prefix to always go to www, we can no longer use the sitename.azurewebsites.net url. This is because it will automatically redirect the site to www.sitename.azurewebsites.net which is invalid. Another issue with this is when trying to use Traffic manager within the Azure environment. Traffic manager uses the azurewebsites.net address and checks the response code of the request to ensure it is a 200. Traffic manager only views a 200 as…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

6. Usability change - Make sure your backend saves changes the same way in all modules

If you look at your modules, sometimes changes will be autosaved, in other screens the save button is at the top, sometimes in another place. You have different teams working on these modules, but please don't ignore usability for your backend users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

7. Ability to Not delete staging tasks after syncing

Currently after a staging tasks succeeds, it is deleted on the server is being sent from.

I want the ability to sync without deleting the task.

Scenario:

I want to test a production push, so I create a backup of Prod, stick it on a test environment, point my staging tasks to this new environment and push everything, then test the copy of Prod to make sure everything is there and working. Currently if you do this, you have to take a backup of your staging DB and a backup of the PROD to use for testing. After you push,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are trying to solve this scenario with our CI functionality.

Please see: https://docs.kentico.com/k10/developing-websites/preparing-your-environment-for-team-development

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 3 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

8. Ability for Kentico to remember the last x passwords, so you don't enter those again within a period of time

Hello

Kentico user passwords and number of times you reset them should have a better control for us.

Imagine you had a site where you password needs resetting every 3 months for example.

What you want to make sure the user does not do is at the time to reset the password, add in the same password again.

Is it possible for Kentico to remember the last 3 or 5 or even 10 passwords, so people can't use those when resetting their password?

Thanks
    Ilesh

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

9. Add Validate method for BizFormItem class

Currently when I fill a form using API there's no validation performed:

BizFormInfo formObject = BizFormInfoProvider.GetBizFormInfo("myTestForm", SiteContext.CurrentSiteID);
    DataClassInfo formClass = DataClassInfoProvider.GetDataClassInfo(formObject.FormClassID);
    string className = formClass.ClassName;
    ObjectQuery<BizFormItem> data = BizFormItemProvider.GetItems(className);
    BizFormItem formRecord = BizFormItem.New(formClass.ClassName);
    formRecord.SetValue("MyTestField", "tooShort");
    formRecord.Insert();

Idea is to create Validate method that passes all validation rules and returns list of rules violated, to call this method before .Insert

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

10. Strongly-typed Cached objects

Kentico manages an internal cache that, in part, includes object types such as Users, Custom Tables, Documents, and many other types of objects.
    However, if you use methods like UserInfoProvider, CustomTableInfoProvider, or TreeProvider, there are no options to use these internal caches.

If, instead, you use CacheHelper.GetItem, you can retrieve the cached versions of these objects, but in a separate data type that cannot be converted to the strongly-typed objects.

This product idea is to update the API to allow us to retrieve the cached objects. This could be by updating the individual providers to deliver UserInfo, CustomTableItem, etc objects…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. GetBizFormFile.aspx handler for not authenticated users

It would be great if the GetBizFormFile.aspx handler (e.g. link to uploaded files in an online form) returned 401 error or redirected not authenticated users to the login page instead of returning 200 OK response and showing a blank screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

12. Allow tab index on Forms

Add the ability in Forms to specify the tabindex for each form element. I know you can do this with a custom layout, but I want it in default layout.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

13. improve online form

- add condition to online form
    - grouping field in online form
    - add more form control
    - multi page form
    - preview page before submit

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

14. Reporting: possibility to select file type (PDF, Excel) for subscriptions

When I create a report in Kentico and I view the report I get the option to save it as a Excel/CSV, etc., but when I subscribe to the report I do not have an option to have the report attached to the e-mail as a Excel/CSV file instead of the data in the e-mail

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

15. API method to remove all relationships

Remove all relationships entries given
    - left node id and relationship name id
    - left node id only (will remove ALL relationships tied to this node id)

Currently the only way to do this programmatically is to loop through every single entry, or write a custom stored procedure. It would be nice if this was encapsulated behind the scenes and complements the existing RemoveRelationship method. For example:
    - RelationshipInfoProvider.RemoveRelationships(leftNodeId, relationshipNameId);
    RelationshipInfoProvider.RemoveRelationships(leftNodeId)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to remote install previusly not installed system modules

If you have Kentico instance without few system modules preinstalled is it impossible to install them remotly. Import/Export doesn't export whole module in that case. You need to download whole website and do it by Kentico Installator.

There should be feature allowing to remote install the previusly not installed system modules.
    I think that the KIM should making some packages to remote installing like Hotfix utility. (SQL script to update database and folder with file for updating system files)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

17. Add ObjectQuery / DocumentQuery to macros, K#

If the ObjectQuery / DocumentQuery were available in macros, we could:
    * use macro data source / repeater web part to display any data (no need for other special repeaters etc.)
    * be able to query any data also in REST (through macro endpoint)
    * write by-default secure queries for web parts without SQL injection (queries use SQL parameters)
    * use same fluent code to query data in C# and in web parts configuration
    * be able to write and validate query constructs through macro console (even for C#) without compilation
    * use JOINs and other constructs in queries to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 5 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

18. Access current search item as C# object in transformation

I'd like to access the current search item (page) in a transformation via C#.

Unfortunately the transformation methods and C# code don't mix well in a transformation. For example I cannot store values from a transformation logic in a variable. This leads to horribly complex lines of code in the transformation.

Also when I need custom logic I have to write a custom transformation method in an extra file. It takes over 1 minute to load a page each time I make even the smallest change in the custom transformation method.

Transformations are among the worst things to handle for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 5 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

19. Resource Key Timestamping

When preparing a package which is to include new/updated resource key assets through to another site there is no way for the exporter to "automatically select objects modified after x date" which results in a case where all resource keys are automatically checkmarked instead of just the ones modified since x. This causes a significant amount of wasted time and/or the potential for user error when a decision is made to add them manually or find the specific ones to include when there are a lot of keys to do in various components or multiple developers involved in a project.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

20. Allow custom code / macro as source for the reporting

Current reporting is limited to display data from SQL, written as limited and sometimes overly complex to manage SQL query, mainly for pages.

I would like to be able to use custom code (e.g. in form of macro where I could provide custom macro method) to populate the report data so I can query DocumentQuery / external services and/or transform the data to a more report-friendly form, e.g. expand a set of numbers and dates to a linear timeline, or make some custom aggregations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base