Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. plain text email for email marketing templates and issues

Regular email templates support plain text alternatives (multi-part mime types); however email marketing templates and issues do not. This is an essential feature of any email marketing system because it significantly enhances the non-spam signature of a message; our clients expect this to be available.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

New Email builder in Kentico 11 allows you to add the plaintext version to your marketing emails. If you do not want to write everything from scratch, you can always use the CTRL+A CTRL+C CTRL+V, but we strongly suggest that you compose your plaintext separately according to the message you want to push to readers on devices with no HTML email support.

You can learn about the new additions in Kentico 11 at: https://www.kentico.com/product/kentico11

Documentation on how to compose emails in Kentico 11 can be found at: https://docs.kentico.com/k11/on-line-marketing-features/managing-your-on-line-marketing-features/email-marketing/composing-marketing-emails

Kind regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

2. Visual e-mail builder for marketers to replace current e-mail template editing experience

Make a visual drag and drop editor for e-mail templates that could be used for static issues, dynamic issues, marketing automation communications, and on-line form auto-responders (basically all points of e-mail in EMS). The key to this would be to now to have to have content admins and marketers know macros to build e-mail templates.

It seems like the parts of the on-line form builder or widgets could be re-used to create this solution.

I firmly believe that this is needed for EMS to complete with other marketing automation platforms.

I know this has been looked at before and declined,…

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello to all Email builder supporters!

I am proud to inform you that the new Email builder together with enhanced email marketing has been release as part of Kentico 11.

You can learn about the new additions in Kentico 11 at: https://www.kentico.com/product/kentico11

Documentation for the new Email builder can be found at: https://docs.kentico.com/k11/on-line-marketing-features/managing-your-on-line-marketing-features/email-marketing/composing-marketing-emails

Kind regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

3. Enable visible code name field of the contact group

Hi, as a marketer I would like to see the field with the code name of the contact group. Sometimes it happen that I have to pick the code name of the group and I dont know it in case it's not the same as the appearance name. Typically in the case when you created the group, save the name and then re-name it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dynamic newsletter - Standard Un-subscription link

We have used “Un-Subscription Request” webpart on the newsletter page. Un-subscription through this webpart is lengthy process. Can we just have a standard Un-subsciption link, if user clicks on it, it should directly unsubscribe the user.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Released  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello Amit,

you can use macros in Newsletters that either Unsubscribe user from one Email Campaign or all marketing activities. This functionality is supported since version 9.

I will close this suggestion now. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

5. Modify Kentico's EMS Anonymous Contact tracking so private details don't leak to other people using the same IP.

Several times I have been to the Kentico site and have had details of co-workers showing in forms, revealing their personal details (cellphone numbers etc).

While it's okay for maybe Kentico's site, depending on what the website is this could be less than ideal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add confirmation step to live email marketing send

In the email marketing application sending to the live list of subscribers is very simple and could potentially be done by mistake, resulting in accidentally sending out a campaign to thousands of recipients.

I suggest one of the following:
    (a) Simply have a confirmation "Are you sure you want to send this campaign to the LIVE list?" yes/no
    (b) Have a second page that shows the number of recipients and has a confirmation checkbox before it sends
    (c) Instead of having just the single Send page that includes the"Send now to all subscribers" and "Send draft to specified email addresses"…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Released  ·  1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A landing page template in the marketing module.

Landing pages go hand in hand if you want an effective online campaign and email.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

you can now create your campaigns more easily using new campaigns module in version 9. It allows you to create landing pages and emails from one place.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please, let me know.

Kind regards,
    Martin Michalik

8. Dynamics CRM Marketing Automation Native Integration

As a Microsoft Partner and integrator, a large number of our clients are using Dynamics CRM (Cloud and On-Premise). They are looking for a CMS with a fully-integrated marketing solution. Marketo and Click Dimensions are often selected as partially-integrated solutions. If Kentico EMS provided a native marketing integration with Dynamic CRM, we'd be able to market and sell the total package, improving both the user experience and the client experience.

The general idea is forms can be submitted and synced directly into Dynamics CRM as a Lead or Opportunity. User visits, page visits, other tracking, etc. would also feed into…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi guys,

Native Dynamics CRM and Salesforce CRM integration was developed as a Kentico extension within our Technology partnership program. The extension passed Kentico quality audit (functionality, code, security and documentation review) to ensure it performs well on Kentico platform.

To get more information, feel free to navigate to our marketplace: https://devnet.kentico.com/marketplace/integration/crm-connect

Also, feel free to connect directly with Emakina (http://www.kentico-emakina.de/crm-connect) who is the author of this extension. They will be more than happy to provide you a personal demo or provide you more details.

Petr Vozak, Technology Partnership Product Owner

9. Newsletter Role user tracking.

Please add the ability to track opened email status and clicked links for each individual user in a Role that has been used as Newsletter subscriber. The tracking functionality should behave similarly to how tracking of subscriber contacts in Contact Groups currently works.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Tracking of opens and clicks was addressed in version 9. Therefore I am closing this issue.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Martin Michalik

10. Remove points in scoring for not doing certain activity

I would like to set Score rule which would deduct points for not opening an email or clicking link in the email. Therefore it would result into following situations when sending email with link:
    1. somebody opens it and is awarded +1 point for opening and -1 point for not clicking a link in email
    2. doesn't open email: -1 for not opening email, -1 for not clicking a link in email
    3. opens email and clicks link: +1 for opening, +1 for clicking link

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

you’re able to specify these rules using macro rules when defining rules for persona.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketin Product Owner

11. Set interval between retry times of sending emails

When sending emails I would like to schedule interval between each attempt for failed emails. When sending of an email fails I would like to configure time interval between each attempt to following:
    1. retry: 5 minutes
    2. retry: 1 hour
    3. retry: 24 hours
    Send log afterwards containing: how many emails were sent, how long did it take, how many bounces there were and if any emails were left in the email queue

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

you’re able to set time interval when scheduled task checking bounced emails will be run.

Currently, we don’t plan any other improvements in this area.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

12. Import recipients/subscribers from excel

I would like to import newsletter subscribers/email recipients from Excel Spreadsheet. When import, select newsletter to be imported into.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

this functionality is supported in version 9 where contact import was improved. You can now use CSV import and select how the contacts should be imported.

If you have any other suggestions or questions, please, do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Martin Michalik

13. Apply Newsletter CSS Inline

For email newsletter to work correctly on the widest variety of email clients, CSS must be inlined.

This is a widely known issue, but Kentico CMS does not appear to handle this requirement.

Please see...

http://premailer.dialect.ca/
    http://beaker.mailchimp.com/inline-css

http://css-tricks.com/using-css-in-html-emails-the-real-story/
    ...for more information.

When creating newsletters in Kentico, there needs to be a checkbox option to ‘Inline CSS’. Without this, the newsletter function is not usable unless the sender of the newsletter is in control of all mail clients that will be used to view the newsletter. This might be the case with a corporation, but is not practical when sending newsletters…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

You can now enable CSS inlining option for email marketing templates in Kentico 11.

Documentation for creating email templates and using the CSS inlining ca be seen at: https://docs.kentico.com/k11/on-line-marketing-features/configuring-and-customizing-your-on-line-marketing-features/configuring-email-marketing/preparing-email-templates

Enjoy!

David Komarek
    Product Owner

14. Allowing a Contact to become 'inactive' (always unsubscribed from all email activity)

In some instances a contact will unsubscribe altogether from all email and newsletters. The unsubscribe function currently works only to unsubscribe them from a particular newsletter. It would make sense to be able to turn the contact off altogether to any email functions.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This issue was addressed in version 9. Therefore I am closing this issue.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Martin Michalik

15. Allow bulk importing of contacts via CMS desk in EMS

With EMS, we want to send emails to a given list of new contacts and track their activities on the site.

You can quickly import subscribers, but subscriber activities are anonymous.

Currently to import contacts,you need to use the import utility. Our clients want a way to bulk import contacts and assign them to a contact group for EMS tracking. Doing this via the CMS desk means they can do this themselves.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Released  ·  Vita Janecek responded

Contact import was released in Kentico 8.2 and improved in 9.0.
    Now you can import contacts easily using CSV file, assign them to a contact group and send them emails easily.

16. Make SMTP configuration more robust

SMTP Configuration in Sitemanager Settings is limited. You should make port selection configurable, etc. Basically, it should support what the web.config supports.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

currently there is SMTP application that allows SMTP configuration.

If you have any further suggestions or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Martin Michalik

17. Newsletter - Separate From and Reply-TO

It's is very important to be able to separate the FROM and REPLY adress when sending a newsletter. This allows us to specify a BOUNCE address that we can automatically preocess in a custom module we are building, and mark the address as bounced in the User table. (5.0 allows API specification of Reply address - but not for newsletter) - I hope this get's voted for enough to include in a minor release of 5.0 as this would allow for the creation of a full featured CRM module.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. newsletter tracking

We want to have "Newsletter Tacking" for users e.g who read newsletter, who unscribed, why...

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Released  ·  1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Store newsletter unsubscription information

This is a minor wish, which could really help a customer of ours, who also do some special things with mailings.

They create a subset of backoffice users, and import them for regional mailings, and other type of custom filtered mailings.
    After that, they need to handle the unsubscriptions, and with doing that, they now already made mistakes for the second time.

It would be helpful if I could determine after which mailing (issue) the user unsubscribed.

Could you please add the following to the NewsLetter_SubscriberNewsletter:

SubscriptionUnsubscribedWhen
    SubscriptionUnsubscribedIssueID

With this information it would be possible to create an export of…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

this issue was solved in version 9, where it is currently possible to get information about email that led to unsubscription.

Regards,
    Martin Michalik

20. Web Analytics IP Exculution

hi
    in the CMSSitemanager->settings->web Anlytics->IP Excluded
    users force to write each ip address one by one this is good case when user have static IP address but if a user uses DSL or any other internet accounts that don't support static IP address it is really impossible to exclude his IP address from logging by Web Analytics Madule.

for EX:
    i am using DSL internet account.for first time that i connect to internet my IP is 212.120.198.39 but whenever i am dicconnected or turn DSL modem Off and again turn On , a new IP address assign

as you…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

I double checked and this functionality IS actually supported in Kentico.

I am sorry for confusing you with previous message.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base