Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. scriptfree newsletter

It would be nice to have an option in the newsletter module to generate script free version of newsletters when generating newsletter using dynamic newsletters

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hi,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

2. Inbox preview

Display how email will be shown in most popular email clients such as Outlook, Gmail, ...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

3. Insight on most active recipients

Provide insights on most active recipients:
    - build reports on what recipients are active most and what are their activities immediately after receiving email
    - display additional information on most active recipients (such as relevant segments and scores, locations)
    - suggest adding to score/contact groups

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

4. Newsletter, Email Queue and scheduled task.

There seems to be confusion how the batch size and send email queue scheduled task work. I was under the impression that if you set the batch size to 60 , and the send email queue task to every 10 minutes, then the results would be 60 emails being sent every 10 minutes but it now appears this is not the case, the task just dumps all emails to the smtp server , in batches of 60 as fast as it can.

I also came across this forum post: https://devnet.kentico.com/Forums/f55/fp3/t38143/Send-queued-e-mails-is-it-one-batch-(e-g-50).aspx

I don’t really see the point of the batch size…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

5. Archive activities

Activities after certain time become obsolete or less important. It would be nice to archive them in some way to clean some space on a server. Some level of data about archived activities should remain available.
    For example I would like to archive all purchase-type activities after 12 monts and I would like to keep only cumulative total price and number of all purchases after that period. Page visit activities on the other hand would become archived after 6 months with total number of page visits available.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

6. Display e-mail in browser

I would like add link "Display this e-mail in your browser" into the e-mails. Currently this is possible as a link to a page with a web part displaying specific issue. This is not intuitive as it is not directly available when creating new e-mail. Additionally e-mail displayed withing browser should be personalized. This is not available right now.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enhance e-mail statistics with contact actions

When e-mail is send there are some statistics available such as:
    - recipients who opened e-mail
    - recipients who clicked certain links
    I would like to create contact group based on clicking a specific link. I would like to do this both manually from newsletter issue statistics and automatically as a contact group macro condition.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Because there is an existing workaround for this problem using contact group macro conditions and because we currently do not plan any improvements in this area, I decided to close this idea.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

8. Triggers based on external events

Provide a way how to trigger events (send e-mails, etc.) based on external data events such as importing contacts from CRM.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

currently this functionality is not supported directly in Kentico in UI, however can be achived on a code level. However, for your use case – mass importing contacts and running MA for every of these contacts – is wouldn’t recommend using MA due to potential performance issues.

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

9. Lead & contact conversions

I would like to see achieved conversions of each Contact/Lead so that I'm able to address him correctly. Currently there is no information of what Activity was/resulted into conversion.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

after evaluation we decided that this feature won’t be covered in v10.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

10. Advanced search filters within Contact listing dialogs

When a dialog with Contact listing is displayed (such as the one in Account -> Contacts -> Add contacts) there is a simple search available (search by Contact name). This is not sufficient for large ammounts of Contacts. I would like to use the same search filter which is available on the main Contacts listing page (search by e-mail address, status, country, etc.).

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

after reevaluation there is no new functionality planned for Accounts. We have redesigned Contact management for v10 though and there are some significant improvements in usabilty.

I am closing this suggestion now.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

11. Attribute-type rules within Scoring doesn't work for rules awarding points for 'empty' fields

Attribute rules within the Scoring are evaluated only on the Contact's attributes which are changed. Therefore it is not possible to create rules which are awarding points for empty fields. For example I would like to create rule awarding negative points for not filling 'e-mail address' field within the form.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

12. Newsletter UI improvements

Provide more seamless UI for e-mail marketing features. Also, enhance reports and display visual heat map of click-troughs of links within the e-mail.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

13. Email newsletters should respect memberships when adding subscribers in a role

Not really a new idea, just a request to make the email newsletters use the same logic as the rest of the site with regards to roles / memberships.

Currently, if you add roles to a subscriber list, it does not take into account any users who have that role via a membership.

However, other areas of the CMS Desk (e.g. page / web part permissions and visibility do).

Although this might not get a lot of votes, it's probably because most people assume this to work in this way, so are unaware of the problem.

Thanks,
    James

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi James,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

14. Visual e-mail marketing template creator

Drag'n'drop e-mail editor without coding and knowledge of HTML or CSS. Build everything in visual editor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

after reevaluation of this opportunity we decided it not to implement it in version 10. Instead we will focus on simplification of the whole subscribers management model in Kentico.

Nonetheless, Email marketing stays a priority for us and I want to tackle this topic again when planning future versions. But for now, I am closing this suggestion.

Kind regards.

Martin Michalik

15. Return Url feature to be used on other web parts with a button

Hello

I know the Return URL feature is available for Login and Registration web parts, but in some cases it would be really useful to use this on other web parts.

It would be nice to have it on any defined web part that has a submit button. This way it could be used if required. Biz form pages could be a good example.

Thanks

Ilesh

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

16. Better delete subscriber options

Import subscribers:
    All actions should be “From/to selected newsletters”
    Delete subscribers -> Delete subscribers from selected newsletters
    (Or disable/not show the newsletter selector)
    It's too confusing, and mistakes are made since the newsletter selector is still available when selecting "delete"

Newsletter -> Subscribers tab:
    Improve the actions selector by providing a selected/all subscribers tab, just like the documents selector in the list mode
    If possible, when selecting "all subscribers", do not provide visual feedback for each individual subscriber, this takes too long.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

17. Make the from emailaddress selectable in CMSDesk

Currently the users/editors in CMSdesk are not limited in using any 'from' emailaddresses..
    This might be a problem when the users are using a wrong 'from' emailaddress.

It is actually right now a problem because some of the domains use 'SPF' records.
    (SPF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SenderPolicyFramework )

So if my servers are not recognized to be a valid sender of emails for a specific domain, I could be ending on a email blacklist.
    That just because some of my users used a wrong 'from' emailaddress in for example a bizform or email newsletter.

I think it would be better to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

18. Make saving form data to a database table optional

Due to regulatory requirements, we want some of our forms to not save to a database table and to just send the information to us in an email. Right now we plan to use triggers to block the database entries but it would be nice if there was an option, when creating a form for it not to use or at least not to write to a database table.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

19. Contact custom fields

I created some custom fields for the contact system table, grouping them into categories.
    Such categories are not shown in the tab On-line marketing of the Form. It would be much easier to read such fields by separating them into panels.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

20. Custom fields for Contact entity

Let the developers extend the Contact entity with custom fields.
    Such fields should then be used in the On-line marketing tab of the forms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Anonymous responded

This functionality is available since v6. If you go to Site manager → Development → System tables → (edit Contact). Then you are able to add custom fields to Contact table as you request. These fields will be visible under newly appeared tab “Custom fields” under each edited Contact.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base