Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More "CRM" capabilities

Improve current Contact managemenet module so that it has simple features of CRM for customers who don't need Salesforce. - Easy CRM

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

2. Allow the use of macros in the On-line marketing area in BizForms and in the salesforce connector.

It would be nice when mapping fields from a BizForm to a contact record, that we could use a macro field in addition to the current field drop downs. This would allow us to add some logic to the field mappings instead of just a one to one mapping.

It would also be helpful to have this in the salesforce connector as well. Currently there only the Generated Lead Description field has this ability. But it would be nice when doing the salesforce mappings, that we could specify a custom macro in addition to the normal contact fields.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  2 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate with SugarCRM

Integrate with SugarCRM so that we are able to leverage synchronization of both systems.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

4. Click maps on newsletter

something like on Mailchimp with detailed click info. With preview of email with percentage bar near each link.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Track site visitors without the need of cookies

As an addition to the online marketing module, with the background that cookies get more and more banned and are considered "bad" in the minds of people (see recent strang UK cookie law), this site shows another approach to be able to re-identifiy a visitor just from his browser footprint:
    https://panopticlick.eff.org/
    Could be implemented in case when cookies are (from law or from browser settings) not allowed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

6. Add referrer to Invalid Pages report

It's much, much more difficult to track down a bad link with only the destination URL. Adding the referrer field is pretty much required for any useful Invalid Pages (404) report.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

7. Provide Form data within process

Within Marketing automation process I need to have information about submitted Online form (Bizform) which triggered the process. I need to evaluate:
    - what type of form was submitted
    - submitted data within the form
    - metadata about the form submission (if it is new a record or editing existing record, when it was submitted, etc.)
    - provide information about event which triggered process within the context of the workflow

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

as long as this idea didnt’ get any new supporters I am going to close it. We are currently not planning to implement this suggestion.

If you disagree with this decision or you have any questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

8. Don't send e-mail to recipients who received it in the past when re-sending newsletter issue

I'm adding new subscribers to already sent newsletter. Then I re-send it again. I don't want old subscribers to receive it again.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

9. Add new process automation step for 'Wait for Activity'

Within the online marketing process automation it would be really useful to have a step type in the toolbox for 'Wait for Activity' similar to the trigger that starts the process in the first place, with a configurable timeout before the process continues. This would allow use of automation for more general scenarios such as.. sending an invitation email then wait for a site visitor to arrive and complete form allowing the process to continue. Instead you have to use a wait step that runs for a few minutes then goes to a decision which loops back to the wait…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

10. Analysis of creation

Automatically checks the validity of the HTML code, when you send newsletter. Pointing errors and potential problems that helps to improve the creation and ensure its correct display of all programs to receive e-mail. Also on mobile devices.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

11. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

12. Allow BizForm data to be accessible by the Reporting module

It would be great to display bizform data through the reporting tool or other web part with an option to export the data. It's the only data we have in our database that we can't display publicly without writing a custom web part.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

13. Recently Viewed

As an expansion on the Web Analytics, linking the current user up to what they are surfing on the web, so that a list of recently viewed pages can be returned via the API

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BizForms on multiple sites

Currently a BizForm is strictly linked to a single site, but I don's see why!
    It would be nice to be able to transfer a BizForm to another site, or link to multiple sites.

Another way to think of it is to have two types of BizForms, ones managed by the firm that implemented the site with specific BizForms and ones which are created by content admins.
    For those implemented by 'the firm' there should be options to limit the abilities of the content admins.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

this should be possible in Kentico. Therefore I am closing this issue.

If you have any other suggestions or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Martin Michalik

15. Send unsubscription e-mails to Contact group subscribers

Currently are unsubscription e-mails sent only to subscribers of following types:
    - standard Subscribers
    - Contact subscribers
    - User subscribers
    Role subscribers cannot unsubscribe but Contact group subscribers can unsubscribe so it makes sense to send them unsubscription e-mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

16. Track Contacts across multiple websites

Allow tracking single Contact across multiple web sites. Enable tracking on web sites not running on Kentico to gather even more data into Contact profiles.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

17. Structure for A/B tests

Allow structuring tests
    - multiple A/B tests for different landing pages
    - create folders to group tests

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

18. Manage personalization within the page

Don't use Design tab to create personalized experience for visitors

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

19. Analytics tests: clear counter at page level

I deleted all data about convertions and campaigns using CMSDesk -> Tools -> Convertions -> Convertions and CMSDesk -> Tools -> Campaigns -> Campaigns, but the Current number of convertions at page level is still not 0.
    Please, add a "Reset counter" button.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Vita Janecek responded

This seems to be a bug. If it is confirmed we will fix it into the hotfix.

20. Database separation with Windows Authentication

I'm thinking of using the separation of DBs for marketing actions because of a large number of users, but I get the following message: "Database separation is not enabled for SQL connections using Windows Authentication."

Could it be fixed?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base