Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "View Online” link inside each email

- add easily "view online" link into each email
    - collect tracking statistics of the email even on the page

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hi,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

2. Alternative form for the Newsletter subscription web part

If I want to apply web site design to Newsletter subscription web part, I would like to easily use an alternative form. Nowadays, I need to use a custom web part layout or a cloned (custom) web part which is not ideal for upgrades. What's more, the field error message are created in the code behind and if I need the field error messages just behind the inputs (not placed in one place separated by <br />), I need to rewrite the code behind.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

3. Allow Branching logic when developing Custom Automation Actions

Allow Branching logic when developing Custom Automation Actions - currently there is only Execute() ... it would be good if some branching logic was able to be built into this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

4. Email marketing / newsletters in staging environment

Newsletter module needs improvements in staging perspective.Our content managers and newsletter managers build their content and newsletters in our stage environment and sync the changes to production. The newsletter module does not function well with this approach.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

5. Tag web pages by Personas dynamicaly

I would like to assign Personas to pages in a dynamic way. For example: all items within specific product department are suitable for persona A, all items from specific manufacturer are suitable for persona B, ...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

6. Private dynamic emails

Some of our newsletters are only accessible to authenticated users preventing the dynamic newsletter from fetching the content (perhaps there is some way to authenticate via hash key or similar to how the "Preview URL" feature works in Kentico CMS?)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

7. Draft and public emails

Drafts and emails sent to subscribers are mixed together in the newsletter UI. It is hard for unexperienced marketer to determine which emails were sent as a draft and which were sent to public.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

8. Add a rollover image feature for banners. And/or capability to add fields.

The banners in Kentico do not have option to add a rollover/mouseover image.
    Neither we can create new fields to banners.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

9. Show "Sender email address" to recipient when bounce monitoring is enabled

When you set bounce monitoring for newsletters, we input a bounce email address and a sender email address. When the newsletter is dispatched, the email recipients inbox shows that the email came from the bounce email address. It's only if they reply to the email, where it shows the sender email address.

Is it possible that the system can mask the bounce email address so the recipient never sees that bounce address in their inbox and always sees the sender email address but still allow the bounce functionality to work in the EMS. Our company exchange server doesn't allow POP…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

10. Separate FROM and REPLY TO

When sending email it is currently possible to separate FROM and REPLY TO only through API. It would be great to have it in UI, too. Also bounces should be handled even if those are dependent on FROM address.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

Regards,

Martin Michalik

11. Restore of deleted baneer categories

There should be the functionality of restore the each and every deleted objects like banner categories.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

12. Add to the Analytics the ability to track Bounce Rate

With the existing Analytics we can track conversions, but it would really be handy to be able to monitor bounce rate as well.

Regards,
    Bryn Tarr

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Because idea doesn’t fit our product vision and and because we do not plan to implement it in the near future, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

13. create a blog post from an incoming email message

Similar to functionality in other platforms like WordPress or SharePoint, it would be great if you could allow for the creation of a blog post from an incoming email. An email address would be configured for each unique blog that would create the blog post by parsing out information contained in the subject & body fields of the email. Securing it to only receive emails from valid users would be handy. For extra points, being able to create custom transformations for the incoming email so that you could perhaps customize the display of the blog post based on additional structure/code…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

14. Mass remove contacts from marketing automation process

I want to remove/reset/finish all contacts from the marketing automation process. I have 15.000 contacts which got stuck in the process and need to remove them all.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

15. New various types of activities

Provide more activity types to handle all situations a visitor can do on a web site. Example: cancel order, unsubscribe from blog post ...
    Also, handle events from Administration which can influence web site behavior (such as cancelling an order from Administration will have impact on Score of a visitor)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

16. Customizable geoip database - different than mindmax

Mindmax is not working in some areas. Create pluggable system to easily replace MindMax GeoIP database for some other.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

17. Strands recommendation for all types of objects (articles, news, ..)

Currently, Strands recommender works only for ecommerce products. I would like to recommend all possible objects within the system. For example: articles, news, bookings, etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

18. Contact mapping of a Form doesn't reflect already submitted forms

Once I do contact mapping of a Form I would like to apply this to already submitted records as well.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

19. Preview in different email clients

I would love to see some sort of Litmus integration on the email campaign side of things, so we can actually see screenshots of how the email newsletter looks on different email clients, I know mail chimp does this.

http://litmus.com/

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

20. More columns in Contact groups, Scoring, Contacts

SCORING - CONTACTS
    CONTACT GROUPS - CONTACTS
    CONTACTS - CONTACTS

It would be very nice to view more valuable columns. PHONE NUMBER, COMPANY NAME, COUNTRY, and CITY are all more valuable to me than DYNAMIC, CONTACT STATUS, or FROM ACCOUNT.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base