Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to be able to filter out traffic based on a specific IP address from my website traffic resutls

When I run reports I want to make sure the "traffic" for the website I'm reporting on is external traffic and not traffic that includes traffic from my IT/Development team or other users within my organization. Currently, it does not look as though it is possible to extract traffic from my reporting that might be associated with a specific IP address. This would also extend to A/B or MV testing results, where there might be certain visitors to the website that I want to exclude from participating in my tests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello all,

there’s a setting in Kentico (Excluded IP addresses) that prevents specific IT addresses to be logged as a part of WebAnalytics, A/B and MVT.

Currently, we do not plan any other improvement in this area and I am going to close this suggestion. If you disagree or you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

2. Create unique contact for new user registration

When a new user is registered and the current contact (#1) that would be used for merging already has a previously registered user, create a new contact (#2) instead of merging it with current contact (#1).

So there won't ever be one contact that has 2 or more users assigned to it. This behavior could be enabled in the settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Different Source/Medium on Email A/B test

When I create an A/B test in email marketing and set campaign and tracking parameters, those parameters are shared between all versions. These should be configurable by each version in the A/B test so that I may use third party analytics packages to determine the winning variant. This is especially important when tracking a conversion that isn't handled by Kentico.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Nik,

after re evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and there are no supporters of this idea. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

4. TRUE Closed-loop reporting and full lifecycle marketing

HubSpot is an amazing, powerful, truly integrated platform built for digital marketers from the ground up. They need competition. If Kentico were to make it's personalization, smart content, marketing automation integrations more dynamic and robust, you could give them a run for their money. So step on it :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Jonathan,

I have to close this issue. If there is any functionality that you want to discuss, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

5. Sender name - Marketing automation

I would llke to be able to determine sender name when sending an email through a marketing automation process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past 15 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

6. Form with date and time base logic

I want to implement a call back form for our call centre agent to follow up. I want the form to be based on our business hours, as we are not able to call immediately when a call back is requested, I'd like the form to determine the current date & time and add x number of hours to it.

So the form will display a date / time where we're able to call them back. This sets a good expectation to customer, rather than them not knowing when are calling them back. I can do this with a simple…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

7. Make contact/user field mapping an automatic 2-way sync

Right now it's one-way from user -> contact. It would be kewl if updating a contact could update the user.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

in v10 we tackled the problematics of synchronization between entities as a part of contact management redesign. We layed foundations for simplification of the relationships between the entities (user, contact, customer).

Therefore we might cover this issue in the future version, but it won’t be convered in v10.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

8. Add an email rendering test

The email marketing module could use the ability to see what an email will look like in different devices, such as the screenshot attached.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jeremiah,

after reevaluation of the idea we decided to not implement this feature in v10 or v11. We might consider some integration in the future though. Nonetheless, I am going to close this suggestion.

If you disagree with this decision or you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

9. In Marketing Automation, the Newsletter Subscription action should contain the two options that appear in subriber UI, which are: a) Send co

In Marketing Automation, the Newsletter Subscription action should contain the two options that appear in subscribers, which are: a) Send confirmation b) Double opt-in.
    This are an important mechanism to ensure that registered contacts are only send newsletters if they have confirmed that they want them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

as long as this idea didnt’ get any new supporters I am going to close it. We are currently not planning to implement this suggestion.

If you disagree with this decision or you have any questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

10. Add Cc, Bcc and Email Attachments to the WorkflowEmailSettings class

I wanted to create a new Marketing Automation Action that allowed an email (using an email template) to be sent where I populated the Cc, Bcc and added an email template.

The WorkflowEmailSettings class allows the send, recipients and template to be defined but not the other email settings

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

11. Alternate User Form sends information to admins

When a user is updating certain information that needs to be saved to their user profile, but also needs to be reviewed by admins. It would be great to have an option for alternate forms to send a completed form to admins as well as update the user's profile information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Beki,

we didn’t plan any improvement in this area in v10. And as long as this idea didn’t get any new supporters I am going to close it.

If you disagree with this decision or you want to discuss this idea further, do not hesitate to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

12. Newsletter - resending of expired double-opt in emails

I suggest adding option which enables resending double-opt-in emails (containing activation link).
    It may be helpful if there are e-mails with "Waiting for approval" status and activation links for these e-mails are not valid anymore.

Currently the only way to do it is to to use "Unsubscribe" and then "Renew subscription".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tomek,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and there was no new supportters. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

13. Enable Timeout Settings on Custom Automation Steps

We would like to see that Kentico enables the Timeout settings section for a custom developed Automation Step. We are heavily using Kentico built in steps along with our custom developed one to building our massive workflows. We found it, it would be great help to have the Timeout settings appear on our steps, it would be a shorter workflow and easier to maintain the automation processes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

14. Add 'View this in a browser' style link to email templates

When creating a newsletter campaign, have a setting that states whether the email issues should be available to view in a browser after they have been sent.

Then in the newsletter template have a parameter such as 'viewInBrowserUrl' that provides the Url to the particular email issue in the users email.

Ideally it could include the subscribers custom details in the email 'Hi Bob' but this isn't crucial.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

15. Make additional objects accessible in LiveTileModelProvider (LiveTileContext)

Please add additional objects that are accessible through LiveTileContext - for example (custom) properties of UI Element.

This way we can create more generic LiveTileModelProvider using the UI Element properties.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Stefanie,

Your LiveTileModel needs to be registered using RegisterLiveTileModelProvider. Since it’s always registered for one element you can obtain desired information directly in the code (for example using UIElementInfoProvider).

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

I am closing this suggestion now.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

16. Widgets - Support Content Personalization Variants

Content personalization for widgets is only supported within rich text areas. Ideally they would operate much like web parts. Likewise widget zones should have the same personalization options as web part zones.

Without this feature we will have to lean more on web parts which can make a template less flexible.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

we are not planning any improvements in personalization of widget zones in v10 or near future. Therefore I am going to close this suggestion.

If you disagree with me or you have any questions, please, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

17. Subscribe multiple people to Analytics report

I'd like to subscribe 10 people to 8 different analytics report.

I've tried to separate the emails using spaces, semicolons and commas and nothing seems to work:(

Instead of creating 8 report subscriptions I now need to create 80...that is super bogus for such a common function.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

after re-evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

18. Ability to specify the field name from the form editor interface

It would make it much easier for users and developers implementing integrations with the bizforms module if users were able to specify the names of the underlying fields from within the form editor instead of having to switch to the fields tab and set it there.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

19. A button on the Contact Account page to link to the parent account

When I'm looking at an Account detail page as part of the Contact Management application there's a drop down to choose Subsidiary of, can we have a button at the end of the select box that will show the details of the chosen parent account?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

20. A selection of natively responsive out-of-the-box email template markup to apply to Newsletters, which you can preview on different devices

A selection of natively responsive out-of-the-box email template markup to apply to Newsletters, which you can preview on different devices :)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Martin Michalik

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base