Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi-select contacts in workflow processes

It would be great if we had checkboxes/multi-select when looking at contacts in workflows so that more than one contact at a time can be manually transitioned through processes and/or deleted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

2. Built-in ticketing, helpdesk and customer engagement

Kentico is great. It is a well rounded solution where the only limitation is your imagination. However in my opinion, there is probably just 1 area that is lacking: customer support/engagement. I have seen product owners at Kentico argue that there are existing solutions e.g: Zendesk, LivePerson, Deskpro etc - while this maybe true, it is also very bothersome from a UI/UX perspective - as the look and feel is less consistent. It is also frustrating having to open up accounts with various SaaS/PaaS vendors (or even worse - having to set up a separate LAMP/WAMP stacks to support PHP…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

3. How can I automate the importing of contacts into kentico from our internal server

How can I automate the importing of contacts into kentico from our internal server. Our server generates a list of names (Contacts) nightly, it would be great to have the done automatically, so we can start an on-boarding process through direct email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Ecommerce and Marketing to run off seperate SMTP relay services

Kentico should be able to allocate separate SMTP servers to separate rolls. Transaction based mails should not be mailed out through the same server as marketing mails as this skews opening rates, click rates etc. when reporting.
    Even something as simple as a setting in the EMS to specify an SMTP option aside from the default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow staging of personas, scoring or contact groups

Allow synchronization of personas, scoring or contact groups. We would like to be able to define a persona, scoring or contact group in the dev environment and push them to a production site (where they would be recalculated using the production site's contacts).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

6. Get contacts who reached a certain campaign stage

As a marketer I want to be able to export (or create a contact group) contacts who reached a certain stage (step in the funnel - see attached screenshot), so I can process them in my other marketing activities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Track email bounces for emails sent through the Kentico API

We are sending emails through the Kentico API:

CMS.EmailEngine.EmailSender.SendEmail(EmailMessage message)

Which puts emails in the "Email Queue" application in Kentico.

I would like to track the bounces of these emails the same way you can for newsletter sent out through Kentico?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Use Mailed-by and via property in email header for bounces

When using bounced email monitoring the from email need to be the email at which bounces are sent to.

Could the mailed-by and via property in the email header be used instead.

So that all our clients could share a mail server for email campaigns

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide default text for editable regions in newsletter templates

When you create a newsletter template you can define editable regions. It would be create if you could add default content in these regions. In this way you can add formatted text that users can change themselves. Also images could be placed in here and a user could edit it. In this way the image could be at te right place already.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

10. Tracking of personalization

I would like to be able track how various (personalization) variants and/or contacts with Personas assigned contribute to conversions. To understand if the personalization is set up correctly (meaning it leads to more conversions, etc.)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision for next version, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

11. Automatically select an A/B test winner

Allow automatic selection of A/B test winner for pages according to specified criteria. It would be great to have the winner selected automatically without a need to do it manually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SEO Page Optimization Score

It would be great if there is an On-Page Grader that measures how well a page is optimized for a keyword. The On-Page Grader will check 25+ SEO factors and will give automatically an Optimization Score (0-100%). In my opinion a must have for content marketers and an unique selling point for new customers.

Some factors we used to optimize pages:
    - Accessible to Search Engines
    - Sufficient Characters in Content
    - Only One Canonical URL
    - Exact Keyword Used in Document at Least Once
    - Broad Keyword Use in Page Title
    - Avoid Multiple Page Title Elements
    - Avoid…

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello all,

first of all, than you Frank for sharing your idea. I do believe that it would be a nice feature that could complement our other Online marketing features. However, I believe that currently there are areas in existing OM functionality that deserve higher priority and focus than SEO optmiziation.

Therefore, we’re not planning to implement this feature in the near future and I have to close this suggestion.

If you disagree with this decision or you want to discuss this idea any further, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

13. Capture Basic Contact Information in Chad Module

As part of the Chat module, it would be great to capture basic contact information of the chat user - Name, Email, and Chat Question. This information would be stored with the Chat Log for future reference.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the option for what HTML element contains the Caption in a Biz Form

When using the Biz Form builder, if you choose Radio buttons or Check boxes it generates the Caption in a Span tag on the page. This can be worked around for styling, but for Accessibility standard it does not pass.

The mark up is not consistent with the other Captions and if you use a screen reader it doesn't read out the Captions in Span tags.

If there was the option for what element is used or just forced to all be labels then this would fix the issue.

Currently there is no way to change this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. navigation

navigation is bit difficult.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

as long as there are no new comments, I am going to close this suggestion.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

16. Add time zone support to all EMS modules, forms, reports and tables

Online marketing is performed by different users in different time zones. Each of these needs to be sure what date/time they are scheduling emails for or reviewing activities from. The Online Marketing modules must translate server times into their chosen time zones, and into the site time zone by default.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

17. I would like to be able to filter out traffic based on a specific IP address from my website traffic resutls

When I run reports I want to make sure the "traffic" for the website I'm reporting on is external traffic and not traffic that includes traffic from my IT/Development team or other users within my organization. Currently, it does not look as though it is possible to extract traffic from my reporting that might be associated with a specific IP address. This would also extend to A/B or MV testing results, where there might be certain visitors to the website that I want to exclude from participating in my tests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello all,

there’s a setting in Kentico (Excluded IP addresses) that prevents specific IT addresses to be logged as a part of WebAnalytics, A/B and MVT.

Currently, we do not plan any other improvement in this area and I am going to close this suggestion. If you disagree or you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

18. Create unique contact for new user registration

When a new user is registered and the current contact (#1) that would be used for merging already has a previously registered user, create a new contact (#2) instead of merging it with current contact (#1).

So there won't ever be one contact that has 2 or more users assigned to it. This behavior could be enabled in the settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Different Source/Medium on Email A/B test

When I create an A/B test in email marketing and set campaign and tracking parameters, those parameters are shared between all versions. These should be configurable by each version in the A/B test so that I may use third party analytics packages to determine the winning variant. This is especially important when tracking a conversion that isn't handled by Kentico.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Nik,

after re evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and there are no supporters of this idea. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

20. TRUE Closed-loop reporting and full lifecycle marketing

HubSpot is an amazing, powerful, truly integrated platform built for digital marketers from the ground up. They need competition. If Kentico were to make it's personalization, smart content, marketing automation integrations more dynamic and robust, you could give them a run for their money. So step on it :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Jonathan,

I have to close this issue. If there is any functionality that you want to discuss, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base