Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort blog months chronologically

In the content tree, blog months are currently sorted alphabetically. Sorting blog months chronologically would make it easier to find posts, particularly when you have multiple years of them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

2. Add a workflow step/task that can promote the update when approved if a staging server exists

Add a workflow step/task that can promote the update when approved if a staging server exists would allow for greater flexibility even for clients which do want to make final changes and publish pages on live. Current behaviour that creates staging task on publish is simply not flexible enough.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

3. Inheritance for Widget Properties

I have "standard" properties which are used by multiple widgets, e.g. Headline CSS Class, Use Button Link, Button Link URL, etc.

Currently I am not able to edit these common properties once in a base widget/webpart and inherit it to all concerned widgets/webparts.

It would be very usefull if this would be possible. I would like to have this feature as it is implemented for page types.

Currently I am forced to "Clone" a widget. If the customer want a extension of e.g. the Headline CSS Class, I have to do it in ALL Webparts. This is redundance and a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management Product Owner

4. Neutral cultures and a default fallback culture

Currently you have only one default culture available in Kentico. This option isn't usually sufficient for global web portals, containing content for multiple different languages. Here is the scenario. Let’s have the neutral cultures DE (German), English (EN) and Spanish (ES). Now, these languages can have country (region) specific translations:
    Neutral language EN:
    EN-US
    EN-UK
    EN-AU
    Neutral language DE:
    DE-DE
    DE-AT
    DE-LU
    Neutral language ES:
    ES-AR
    ES-CO
    ES-CR
    If you now create some content section, which looks like this, with the content translated into languages in the brackets:

News folder
    -News1 (de-de, en-uk)
    -News2 (de-lu, es-ar)
    -News3 (de-de, de-at, en-us) …

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

thanks for the great suggestion. We have, however, decided not to chase this opportunity at this point due to other priorities on the Kentico EMS roadmap.

Just a not though – if this is a critical feature for your project, consider looking at https://docs.kenticocloud.com/tutorials/set-up-projects/set-up-languages/localization-in-kentico-cloud where we had the possibility to architect the fallback logic from scratch.

David

5. DocumentHelper.GetDocuments().CheckPermissions() for anonymous users

CheckPermissions() blocks nodes for anonymous users even if content nodes don't have any access restrictions applied. I think this is more just a bug that needs to be fixed - if Security tab in the content tree doesn't have any security rules, DocumentHelper.GetDocuments() should return identical results with or without CheckPermissions().

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make screenwidth/screenheight dynamic for web parts

In certain web parts you need to add the screenwidth and screenheight in pixels (as with the content slider or a google maps).
    Macro's here do not work such as {% CurrentDevice.ScreenPixelsHeight #%}.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

7. Allow customizing time zone per culture in Pages app

In the Pages app, no matter which culture you have selected, date/time controls display whatever time zone is set for the site (or user). Please change this so that date/time controls automatically adjust to the culture you have selected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

8. Categories versioning

Ability to version Kentico categories just like other objects.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

9. Need More Kentico Portal Templates (Free) atleast on partner level

looking for free version templates provided on kentico. I have already used some marketplace templates. I hope and request if there can be more in the future or maybe on the new kentico editions. We get same designs and templates on all kentico editions.Right now being a gold partner and even latest kentico we are lacking in themes and templates,

I can see other players in the market providing unlimited templates.

Requesting to please update more portal template at the moment you only have a few when installing kentico..

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

10. In Contact Management, I would like to have a list of the "Duplicates found and successfully updated" Contacts during an import

Sometimes when I import new contacts, I get a number "Duplicates found and successfully updated." I would love to be able to see the list of duplicates that were updated. The reason I would like to see this list is because sometimes, I don't want the contacts on multiple Contact Groups. By seeing the list of Duplicates, I would be able to manually make sure the duplicate contact is in the correct contact group instead of being in multiple contact groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

11. Add an icon on the Design Tab for nonstandard layouts

Currently, there's no indication when looking at the Design Tab that a Web Part on the page is using a customized or non-default Layout. It would be great if, on these web parts, an icon would appear (similar to the eyeball icon of the JavaScript web part) when a web part is using a nonstandard layout, so that a developer knows they can't just edit the ascx file and expect the page to update.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

12. Unversioned fields on page types

I have a field on my page type which I'd like to update programmatically from an external data source. However the documents are versioned, so I cannot update the field if the document is checked out by a user.

Since I am maintaining this value programmatically, there is no reason to version the field. If there were a way of flagging fields as "unversioned" and allowing them to be updated via API without checking out the page, that would solve my issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

13. Optional setting to move On-Site Editing menu to bottom of page

Sites that have sticky headers collide with the Kentico On-Site Editing menu components. This is problematic when the site's sticky header contains the navigation elements. It would be nice to have the option to switch the Kentico navigation elements to the bottom of the page instead of the top.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

14. Add an Umbraco style image cropper.

* Allows you to pre-define crop sizes
    * Allows requesting of images by pre-defined sizes or by an arbitrary dimension
    * Focal point of image can be set on every image, this is absolutely critical to have when automating crops
    * Individual crops can be edited
    * Cropped image variants are created automatically from the parent image on demand and cached.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

15. Add to the Webpart's context menu a Show/Hide button

In the design mode, add to the context menu of each webpart a Show/Hide button, which toggles the visibility of the webpart, instead of the need of opening the webpart's configuration page each time we need to set the visibility.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

16. Allow AJAX for Dependent fields in Form tab

Right now, if you have a field that's dependent on other fields, the Form tab refreshes when you lose focus on the initiating field. If you're using the mouse that's fine, but if you're using the keyboard, you lose cursor focus.
    If instead, you used AJAX (UpdatePanels, whatever) internally to handle dependent fields, you could update individual fields' status without losing focus.
    This shouldn't be terribly hard: you know the AJAX triggers and updatepanel locations already because you have the "Depends on another field" and "triggers another field" checkboxes already.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

17. Media Uploader

Add ability to enter title & description to media file upload control since these fields are utilised by other media library web-parts as standard

We would like any user to be able to upload files - therefore we don't want to use only admins / content editors to upload using media libraries app - we need to use the media uploader but it wont allow entry of the above mentioned fields

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

18. Remove all Webparts Not in Layout

The ability to remove all "Webparts not in layout" from a template in one action.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

19. Add check-in check-out buttons to On-Site Editing menu

On-Site Editing of pages in sites configured with page check-in/check-out is cumbersome because there is no check-in/check-out control in the On-Site Editing menu. Please add a button to the On-Site Editing menu for this purpose.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

20. Short hand or macro for included all page type columns in the repeater column setting

Since its best practice to set the columns attribute when using a repeater or univewer. It would be nice if there was a shorthand to include all the columns of a specific page type. I often find that I need all the columns of my page type, and a few document columns (nodeid, nodealiaspath, etc). It would be nice to be able to specify something like cms.menuitem.* as a short hand for including all the columns in the menuitem page type (much like a table.* in sql).

This would be really useful when you end up adding columns to a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base