Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improved bundle management

I would like to be able to specify quantity of products in bundle definition and also to order them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. Last year we changed the way we want to use Kentico UserVoice
    http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up. Therefore, we started ideas refresh and clean up allowing us to utilize this channel like it should have been all along.

The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Anyway, we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

2. Product Attribute Price Adjustment as percentage

Currently you can speicfy a price adjustment as a fixed amount in the Main Currency. I'd like to see the ability to set the price adjusment as a percentage of the Product Price.

I'm not sure of all the scenario's that this will be suitable to, but I have been asked for this for a clothing store which wants to add a percentile based amount to larger sizes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Thank you very much for this idea.

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak
    E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

3. Automatic currency selection based on culture

Allow a store to be configured so that cultures can be matched to currencies.
    Visitors will automatically see prices in their local currency if it is available, rather than having to manually change it with the currency selector.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post. By the way, you can reach required functionality via customization. Feel free to contact our support team to ask for a help.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Petr Vozak
    E-commerce Product Owner

4. Price by Object Reference

Having worked with the E-Commerce module for a couple of sites that required variations in pricing I would like to make a suggestion for a Price by Object Reference functionality. Basically you define which object reference you need such as CountryID or RoleID or even 'CustomClass.ObjectID'.

This would allow a single table with SKUID, ObjectClassID, ObjectID, SKUPrice, SKURetailPrice, SiteID

Just as a note, a default price by ObjectClassID could be specified by ObjectID as null and a Default price by SKU cpuld be specified by ObjectClassID and ObjectID both being null.

Maybe even add some ValidFrom / ValidTo fields such…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post. By the way, you can reach similar functionality by using Catalog discounts or by adding multiple custom price fields to your product properties.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Petr Vozak
    E-commerce Product Owner

5. Export and Import excel data to do gerenal price increase

I want to increase prices of 400 items that are in a table. I can export the data to excel, do a "Replace All" price increase but apparently can't then import that back. It would take me a day to manually go in and increase all the prices item by item. Is there a way for me to do it??

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. Last year we changed the way we want to use Kentico UserVoice
    http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up. Therefore, we started ideas refresh and clean up allowing us to utilize this channel like it should have been all along.

The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

We do not have a fully-integrated solution but this workaround might help:
    1) Export data from user product’s interface: https://docs.kentico.com/k10/managing-website-content/exporting-data-from-the-user-interface
    2) Than you can leverage our Import toolkit app to get product prices updated, see https://docs.kentico.com/k10/e-commerce-features/configuring-your-store/configuring-products/importing-products/importing-products-using-kentico-import-toolkit

Feel free to contact our support team if you need any more information.

Anyway, we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,…

6. change picture of product when you click on variant

hi. as you see in many website, when you click the green button, the image has change and goes to green or something else.
    i think the magento CMS made it for products.
    thanks,

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

By the way, this is supported for MVC-based stores through our out-of-the-box API, see https://docs.kentico.com/k10/developing-websites/developing-sites-using-asp-net-mvc/developing-on-line-stores-in-mvc/displaying-product-details-on-mvc-sites/displaying-product-variants-on-mvc-sites Feel free to use this as a source of inspiration for achieving it via customization on Webforms.

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

7. Custom countries table

It would be great for the Countries table, to have Continent Code, currency by country and even currency by continent. This would be really helpful for clients that need to put pricing on products with currency by region, or even more specifc currency by country.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

You can achieve custom pricing (e.g. by currency) via customization, see https://docs.kentico.com/k10/e-commerce-features/customizing-and-developing-your-store/product-related-customizing/customizing-product-prices). Feel free to contact our support team for more details.

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

8. Enabling custom selector for product options

One of the missing things in procuct options is the ability of displaying attribute options with custom selector in shopping cart items selector.

I know this is already available in the code but disabled for some reason.

It would be nice if we had this option as it will give us more flexibility on managing UI.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

By the way, this is supported for MVC-based stores through our out-of-the-box API, see https://docs.kentico.com/k10/developing-websites/developing-sites-using-asp-net-mvc/developing-on-line-stores-in-mvc/displaying-product-details-on-mvc-sites/displaying-product-variants-on-mvc-sites Feel free to use this as a source of inspiration for achieving it via customization on Webforms.

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

9. Add Total Web Solutions Payment Gateway for UK merchants

Total Web Solutions offers one of the lowest priced card processing services in the UK. It would be great to get it linked up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision. To be more specific, we would like to let the integration with different shipping and payment providers up to our solution and technology partners. I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Petr Vozak
    E-commerce Product Owner

10. Better visibility over coupon usage

Better visibility over coupon usage

There seems to be little 'out-of-the-box' reporting on the usage of coupons generated in Kentico 8.

There appears to be a way to see the number of coupons used that were set up using OrderDiscount, but this doesn't give any indication on the revenue generated from those sales.

Any coupons made using Product Discounts do not appear to have any reporting at all (barring making custom SQL queries, which I don't know how to do).

I think knowing how many coupons are redeemed, and the revenue generated from them, would be useful information for anyone…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Petr Vozak
    E-commerce Product Owner

11. Ability to support refunds

Kentico should have support for the concept of either refunds (full order) or partial refunds (individual order items) in it's ecommerce system. This should be at the Kentico payment gateway integration or manually through the Kentico admin site by updating statuses. This would provide more accurate ecommerce reporting and a better customer experience

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We do not plan to support refunds and other order fulfillment features (http://ideas.kentico.com/forums/239189-kentico-product-ideas/suggestions/6371409-order-fulfillment-in-kentico) out of the box as it doesn’t fit our product vision. On the other hand, we are looking into how we could leverage our technology partnership program to address this need in the future, see http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/new-technology-partnership-program-extends-kentico-functionality

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

12. Ability for users to save favourite orders so they can purchase more quickly

We have received a lot of feedback from customers who are members who want to be able to save products to a favourites list so that when they go to re-order, they can just click on the products they want and the order is done really fast. They don't have to go and find the products on our website. Or the ability to add any previous orders to the shopping cart and they could then delete what they don't want & add more to the cart. I think the 1st idea is better. We have quite a few customers who…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post. Anyway, you can add “Reorder” action to the list of customer’s order via a simple customization. Feel free to contact our support team to help you with this customization.

Regards,

13. Marketplace / sales channel integration for eBay and Amazon

Have Kentico Integrate into eBay and Amazon so that we can manage our products/variants/descriptions/prices and inventory from Kentico but have them listed on both eBay and Amazon.

I know there are systems out there that does this but we are using Kentico and I don't want to have to duplicate work in order to manage different marketplaces/ sales channels.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

14. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Petr Vozak
    E-commerce Product Owner

15. UPS Real Time Rates

Kentico Shipping wants more advanced shipping form with UPS Real Time Shipping Rates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision. To be more specific, we would like to let the integration with different shipping providers up to our partners. I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Petr Vozak
    E-commerce Product Owner

16. Coupons should have more conditions

E.g. client can't use coupon when all products in shopping cart are on sale.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Since version 8, you can define rule-based coupons to get order discount or free shipping. There you can customize two messages that are displayed to site visitors 1) a message that is displayed when coupon code doesn’t exist 2) a message that is displayed when coupon is not valid (doesn’t meet the…

17. Option to exclude units under min-quantity for volume discount

Have a checkbox as part of a Volume Discount with something like "Apply discount to all units / Only apply discount to units over volume".

We've ran into requirements where you purchase one unit, then every unit after this should be sold at 80% discount.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Petr Vozak
    E-commerce Product Owner

18. Only 'show' product varients with stock > 0 web part filter

One of the most frustrating things for a consumer, and one of the most requested by my clients is the ability to only show products and items that actually have stock.

The best place to show this is when a user is looking at via a datalist/repeater. As an example, if I were to be selling t-shirt, at this preview level a user could see the range of colours available, plus the range of sizes available. This frustrates users if they select the product only to find in the next step, the product detail page, the size/colour they want is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Les,

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

19. Coupon should have "valid to" attribute

I generate coupons when someone sign up to newsletter and there is no column in database to set how long single coupon should be valid.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Thank you very much for this idea.

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 6 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak
    E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

20. New / improved customer account (my account)

For every ecommerce "My account" is a must have. Now its base functionality is too simple for today standards. For example customer can't easy check details of order or track its shipping status.
    Next thing is a poor usability in some cases. A lot of users don't know how to unsubscribe using "subscription" tab at "my account".

It is important topic for every Kentico user or developer.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Anyway, there is a new My account example at our new demo site (Dancing Goat). Unfortunately, there isn’t any “unsubscribe” checkbox included. To add it, feel free to look into…

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base