If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

SASS Support for Editor

The text editor in Kentico 8 supports a lot of different languages and markup, but it'd be nice if it supported SASS.

Everything I've read points to SASS being more prominent than LESS, and with the ability to create a CSS Preprocesser the most limiting part is that the editor makes a mess of the colors when trying to use SASS syntax.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Eric Rovtar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sean Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use SASS exclusively in our company except for sites where we have a large legacy CSS stylesheet.

I think we would use SASS support in the editor if lib-sass was integrated to do the transpilation but I also think the continuous integration functionality might be a better solution since SASS should be kept in version control and the generated CSS is what should be placed in Kentico.

• AdminDominik Pinter (Platform Product Owner, Kentico) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Eric,
    thank you for the suggestion. A lot of Kentico developers prefer more SASS instead of LESS. The latest version of CodeMirror (component used for syntax highlighting) contains SASS support so when we update it we will start to support it. Currently, I cannot promise you when we do update to it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base