If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

Kentico should use its own alias for jQuery

Kentico should use its own alias for jQuery to avoid javascript conflicts with customer-loaded jQuery (e.g. when latest version is needed), so $ and jQuery aliases should be preserved for customer's scripts and plugins without the use of jQuery.noConflict() and other workarounds.

121 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JanH shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe Motacek commented  · 

This was implemented in 8.1 right? Why is this still here as an idea?

• Dale commented  · 

Awesome, that would make things SO much easier.

• AdminRadek Matěj (Content Management Product Owner, Kentico) commented  · 

Hi everybody,

Because this idea got a lot of votes in a short period of time, it got our attention. We plan to use jQuery alias for our code in version 8.1, this should help in some cases. We are also analyzing which jQuery plugis and frameworks we use, so that we can force them to use custom alias too. We will probably fix those in next version.

• Dale commented  · 

God YES!!!

• Eric T. commented  · 

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Would be a tremendous help and save lots of time and frustration.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is a MUST for Kentico to be able to drive forward as a leading CMS in the future. The restriction caused us many problems in our enterprise implementation.

Thanks!

• Erez Greenberg commented  · 

This would make life much much easier - it's very time consuming changing all jquery and $ to a no conflict alias. Almost all of the plug-ins and examples on the net are all $ and one always needs to do a find, replace. I think that in the Settings there should be an option to choose what the kentico alias for jquery should be OR to have the option to remove it from CMS pages.

Feedback and Knowledge Base