If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

Save & Publish button

When editing content in CMSdesk there is a Save button and a Publish button. It would be useful to add a button that combines both of these, e.g. "Save & Publish".

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminJaroslav Kordula (Technical Leader / Content Management, Kentico) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I would like to re-open this idea to get better picture, which scenarios are not covered. Right now I can see only the two scenarios Michiel mentioned:

- "When creating a new document, you would like to directly save & publish the document from the new document dialog." - Just want to make sure this is a real scenario? Why to use the workflow if you want to publish the document directly?

- "When publishing already archived document, you would like to do this with one click." - This could be solved by providing a context menu for the Save button (or Create new version button for Advanced Workflow).

Thank you for your feedback.

• AdminMartin Hejtmanek (Chief Technical Officer, Kentico) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess we could just add context menu on the Save button with other options. Having 3 Save buttons would be too many. Even 2 of them are quite a lot already. I think we can cover this as a part of the User experience improvements for the next version after 6.0 (currently there is not enough time for that)

• inarius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could see this as useful. Not just to eliminate steps int he circumstances michielvoo mentions, but also to make the interface a little more comprehensible. Though I don't think there should be a third button, the Publish button should be called something like "Save & Publish" so only the most useful options are presented and to clarify what it does.

Feedback and Knowledge Base