If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

Automatically add semantics

Allow built in semantics (RDF, Open Graph) for documents, which can be configured easily. So for example a "product" document would automatically output semantic meta data (name, descriptions, photo, price, promotion, localisation information etc) without the CMS editor needing to fill in extra fields. Smart search could also use the meta data to help prioritise the search results. Perhaps there could be a choice in compliance too; facebook open graph, twitter cards, standard open graph etc. Semantics are becoming increasingly important for Web apps and e-commerce - it would be great to see it easily achievable in Kentico without the need for custom development.

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeremy Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our clients are starting to embrace Schemas (www.schema.org) within their content to aid search engine discovery, so we would like to have support within the editor for categorization and tagging of content.

We think the solution we will need to offer clients is likely to be a set of extra fields to complete when creating a piece of relevant structured content such as news articles, other articles, events, products etc. These fields then to be rendered on the page as mark up.

• Stephen Hamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature!

More out-of-the-box control over microdata (schema.org, open graph, twitter cards, google authorship, pinterest rich pins etc) would be valuable. As a store owner and publisher, I want to control as much as possible how my product and content is displayed.

This is where smart marketers are heading, because it is where their customers are heading, and meets their needs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base