If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

Authorise and Capture Payment

For the ecommerce checkout process it would be nice to allow configuration of the store to initially allow an order payment to be authorised, but not captured.

A cms admin can then capture the payment once goods are shipped. Most ecommerce shopping carts seem to support this (see www.aspdotnetstorefront.com as an example)

Also google checkout integration would be a nice to have.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Manoj shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Hello,

We will shortly begin a research which should lead to an upgrade of our payment gateway API/model and eventually new payment gateways with Authorise and Capture capabilities.

If you’ve already tried to implement Authorise and Capture with the current model, please sum up the issues/struggles in the comment below or leave a contact if you want to be a part of the research.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak
    E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • William commented  · 

In addition it would be nice to configure reoccurring payments for things like subscriptions.

• Ryan Christiansen commented  · 

I would argue that this is not a "nice to have" feature. It is a requirement. As was mentioned (over 3 years ago it would seem) it is illegal in the United States to process payment prior to shipment. As of version 8.1 I have yet to see any supported pattern solve this even when creating a custom gateway provider from scratch.

When can we expect this to be implemented?

• Deirdre B commented  · 

A must-have for etailers -- its against the law in USA to capture prior to shipment. All etailers who ship goods, authorize at check out and then capture at a later time when the goods are shipped. So this is a real must-have.

Feedback and Knowledge Base