If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

Use the HTML5 placeholder attribute for watermark text across all webparts/controls

The HTML5 placeholder attribute is well supported in modern browsers and easy to polyfill for older browsers.

I would suggest that a polyfill should be implemented by the website developers rather than Kentico.

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Richard Shackleton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include this in the next version. Building out a registration form right now wishing I didn't have to resort to JavaScript to inject placeholder attributes on my form fields. So dirty!

• Buladigs Kampret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just don't know why this is so hard to do in Kentico, the way Kentico adapt new technology is just ridiculous

• Adrian Brunton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

I see this comment on many ideas posted here - how many votes are required for them to be accepted? The placeholder attribute is now a commonly used attribute amongst modern browsers and there are fallbacks for browsers that don't support.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it so difficult? I have to customize form controls just to get placeholder into it.

• AdminRadek Matěj (Content Management Product Owner, Kentico) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Richard,

The root cause of this problem is that we use the same controls with the same markup in our administration interface. In the future we want to separate the administration markup from the live site markup. There are many ways how to do this, we are currently discussing which one is the best.

Feedback and Knowledge Base