If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

Support for SKU size/colour etc options

Currently the Ecommerce module 'product options' do not work for clothing (and other retail) ecommerce sites that require size/colour type options (or other combinations) with a SKU and stock for each and size/colour combination.

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminPetr Vozak (Admin, Kentico) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Rich, thank you for your feedback! You said "almost exactly what I have built...". Should you have any more ideas regarding product variants please do not hesitate to tell us! There is still some time for smaller changes or improvements ;-) Thanks!

Hi Rich, I am very sorry for postponing better product options. They were planned for version 7; however we spent much more time on improving products management UI than we expected. Finally, we had not enough time for real improvements to product options so we decided to spend it rather on completing originally tentative features related to better products management (support for versioned and multilingual products). Having all this stuff around products management completed give us much more time in version 8 to focus purely on product options and variants.

As for your custom integration, e-commerce customization model and calculations methods are the same as in version 6 so it shouldn't be a problem to move your integration from version 6 into version 7. Anyway, feel free to contact our support team if you have any questions about it.

• Rich Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmmm - so much for "High Priority" I am really frustrated that this has not been included in this release.

I just hope that I can integrate the solution that we have built into 7 (more) easily than 6 ...

Unfortunately, product options improvements were postponed so they will not be included in version 7. They are planned for the next release after version 7. Sorry for all inconvenience you may have.

Hi Rich, better product options are planned for version 7. Version 6 comes 'only' with the support for text product options, meaning that customers are able to enter custom text for the given product, e.g. label on a T-shirt.

Feedback and Knowledge Base