MVC Page Builder allowed Sections
At the moment, I can just set "allowed widgets" in editable areas.
I would like to have "allowed sections" in addition.
With this, I would be able to allow only 1-column sections in concerned editable areas, where it would break the layout if editors would use 2- or multi-column sections.
thanks for the suggestion! Based on the feedback we received, we are exploring this addition to the Page builder. Can you please share how important the following features are to you?
1. The possibility to specify allowed sections per editable area
2. The possibility to specify the number of sections that can be added to an editable area
3. The possibility to specify allowed widgets per section
Stephen Price commented
I second Elmar's feature priorities as well.
Sean Wright commented
I agree with the priority and reasons given by Elmar.
Elmar Höfinghoff commented
1. Very important. We use sections to define the layout, e.g. the used grid, one or two columns, etc. We could allow only 1-col layouts (sections) to be used in concerned regions. This would help to filter out all unneccessary or unwanted widgets the content editor will be able to add.
2. Not so important. This could be nice in some cases, but I would not see this as important.
3. Most important. This would help to define the widgets intended to be placeable in specific sections.
I would like to add a comment: Sitecore can do all of this. And I love Kentico and always fail with arguments pro Kentico due to this argument.
As an addition to this, also restrict whether additional sections can be added.