MVC Page Builder allowed Sections
At the moment, I can just set "allowed widgets" in editable areas.
I would like to have "allowed sections" in addition.
With this, I would be able to allow only 1-column sections in concerned editable areas, where it would break the layout if editors would use 2- or multi-column sections.
thanks for the suggestion! Based on the feedback we received, we are exploring this addition to the Page builder. Can you please share how important the following features are to you?
1. The possibility to specify allowed sections per editable area
2. The possibility to specify the number of sections that can be added to an editable area
3. The possibility to specify allowed widgets per section
I agree with everything posted this far but would like to suggest an extra feature. Sometimes it is easier to exclude instead of just include. You might want to include everything with a given prefix except one item. If you have say 20 items with a given prefix but only want 19 it would be nice to say include "Prefix.*" and exclude "Prefix.Name" instead of listing all 19 individually or however many wild cards it might take. I think this would be useful for both the section and widget level.
Arjan van Hugten commented
Would be really nice to have. Number 3 would also be most important to me, because in some sections we want the content editors to be limited per section.
Stephen Price commented
I second Elmar's feature priorities as well.
Sean Wright commented
I agree with the priority and reasons given by Elmar.
Elmar Höfinghoff commented
1. Very important. We use sections to define the layout, e.g. the used grid, one or two columns, etc. We could allow only 1-col layouts (sections) to be used in concerned regions. This would help to filter out all unneccessary or unwanted widgets the content editor will be able to add.
2. Not so important. This could be nice in some cases, but I would not see this as important.
3. Most important. This would help to define the widgets intended to be placeable in specific sections.
I would like to add a comment: Sitecore can do all of this. And I love Kentico and always fail with arguments pro Kentico due to this argument.
As an addition to this, also restrict whether additional sections can be added.