If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

Fix hyperlink bug & inability to add a photo caption in CKEditor

The university I work at uses recently updated to v10 and shortly after we noticed that after about 5 minutes of working in kentico, you can no longer add in hyperlinks. The window either loads forever or it loads a blank page making it impossible to add the link without using a silly work around - links should be a straightforward process.

Lukas from Kentico told us "I discussed this with our Product Owner - unfortunately CKEditor will not be upgraded in Kentico 12 and currently there are no plans for upgrading it in any feature version. I am really sorry for that."

If there are no plans to fix the hyperlink bug, then the university will start looking at other CMS's to find one that allows you to add links in.

It's also ridiculous that you can't easily add in a photo caption. In wordpress, the photo caption field is next to the alternative text field and they even have a description field. It will take our developer 2-3 months to create a WORKAROUND so that our university can do a basic photo caption.

Why can't Kentico do any of these simple functions?

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ash shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the work around requires a months work of creating a training and then a month of sharing this information out with the hundreds of content editors we manage. Then we have to spend the rest of our time using Kentico (which may not be long now) maintaining this feature, even though it's a basic photo caption!

Feedback and Knowledge Base