If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

Add the possibility to do tax calculation from price including tax

Most customers want to sell using a "nice price", like 199 Euro's.

Right now you could have difficulties reaching that nice price from calculating it from the price excluding tax.

For instance the following is not possible:
Retail price : 415 Euro
Price excluding tax : 342,98 Euro

342,98 * 1,21 = 415,0058
Which means : 415,01 Euro

You can't get to exaclty 415 Euro:
342,97 * 1,21 = 414,9937
Which means : 414,99 Euro

Also when you want to sell something for 415 Euro's on your french and Belgium site, you'll have a problem, because they apply different taxes.

Nice option would be to have a ecommerce setting like "Price is including taxes", which means the calculation of tax has to be done from there.

38 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roel de Bruijn shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Suneel Jhangiani commented  · 

Since Price Lists is something you are now considering can I suggest this be an option included in that? Basically you specify that a Price List has values including tax. This way a site serving B2C can have one set of pricing including tax and another set of pricing without tax for B2B customers.

• Benj Borseth commented  · 

This now should also take into consideration the tax on digital goods in the eu and how that is now taxed at the tax rate of where the customer is located, and not where the ecommerce store is located.

• Chris commented  · 

Has there been any progress on this in any recent versions? I need to implement this on a current project :)

• Roel de Bruijn commented  · 

Hi Petr. Thanks for setting this item to planned. Way better than the votes I got last monday ;-)

I guess a site setting would do, at least fot me. I can't imagine why you would like to do it mixed, maybe when you have several sources where products are imported from?
        I heard that there are ecommerce solutions where it can be set at product level.

• AdminPetr Vozak (Admin, Kentico) commented  · 

Hi Roel, thanks for your suggestion. We would like to integrate support for prices including tax in some of the future versions. As for "Product price is including taxes" setting, would it be better to have it on the product level or is one setting for all products enough?

Feedback and Knowledge Base