If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

ability to post an HTTP webhook for a Bizform form submission

I would like to propose a new Bizform feature: the ability to configure an HTTP URL with each Bizform. Once configured, any form submission to this form, would trigger an HTTP Webhook POST to the specified URL. The payload of the HTTP POST would be – ideally in JSON – the form submission data.

One of the best Wordpress form plugins – GravityForms – does this already. See https://gravityflow.io/gravity-forms-webhooks/. The UI screenshot in the article is helpful in understanding what configuration options there might be. Ideally the implementation would use a queue, much like the mail queue, to allow for error retries, and so as to not slow down the user experience in any way.

This feature would greatly enhance (and simplify) the ability to integrate web-forms with other systems: CRM, email marketing platforms, and ‘middleware’ such as Zapier, or Azure Logic Apps. We currently achieve this integration using emails (we parse the data in an HTML table) which is rather horrible.

Webhooks are the future!

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy ThompsonAndy Thompson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CharlieCharlie commented  · 

It would be fantastic if Kentico supported the ability to fire an HTTP webhook on each Bizform form submission.

When configuring a Bizform, Kentico would let you specify the webhook URL endpoint, and possibly provide some control over which data gets sent with the post .

Notably, other form engines in other CMSes already do this. For example, GravityForms - one of the better form plugins for Wordpress - supports this - see https://gravityflow.io/gravity-forms-webhooks/

This feature would really help with integrating forms into other systems, such as CRM, email marketing platforms, Zapier, Azure, AWS.

Thanks
        Charlie

Feedback and Knowledge Base