If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

Task groups

Would be great if you could assign tasks to a task group retrospectively (or change the task group assigned to a particular task if you happened to forget to reset the task group before you started making changes!)...

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tami Iseli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, Thank you very much for this idea.

There is a tricky part about Update staging tasks. These tasks may end up in more than one task group. Example: A change made by user A will create a task in group A, but another change by user B over the same object may edit the existing task and assign it to group B. After that, the task is in two groups.

The question is whether it’s sufficient to set one task group to a task retrospectively. This will allow us to create a balk action where you can assign a task group to multiple tasks. However, in the described rare scenario, a task from two task groups will be re-assigned to only one.

Thank you

Kind Regards
Michal Kadak
E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zach Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see a huge deal with them going from multiple groups to one when you reassign them, most likely after I reassign them I am going to get pushing them. Also does every object go into two groups? Because now in kentico 9 I create a new group and go thru my tasks and just resave the objects I want in the new group, and I'm pretty sure it removed it from the old group.

Feedback and Knowledge Base