Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Does anybody from Kentico look at this ?

There are so many ideas here have no correspondence / replies from Kentico, I do wonder if they look at this very often. What is the actual point

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Admin →

Hi Scott, we check ideas.kentico.com on a regular basis. It is true that many ideas have no answers – sometimes we wait for more inputs on given topics to find out how big support it gains and whether it can be aligned with our roadmap.

Sometimes it is not possibile to satisfy all supporters for all ideas, but we try to find those that would affect most users and simplify their workflow with Kentico.

Due to our one-year-long release cycles, it may appear that some ideas sit there forever, but we try hard to find place for them as well.

From the recent, let me mention: email builder and email marketing related ideas, ecommerce related ideas, or mvc-related ideas.

Best regards,

David Komarek
      Product Owner

• DocumentHelper.GetDocuments().CheckPermissions() for anonymous users

CheckPermissions() blocks nodes for anonymous users even if content nodes don't have any access restrictions applied. I think this is more just a bug that needs to be fixed - if Security tab in the content tree doesn't have any security rules, DocumentHelper.GetDocuments() should return identical results with or without CheckPermissions().

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Custom Control that can store multiple value

This custom control will allow us to dynamically add/edit/remove Product Label Name/description nodes (such as "How to Use", "How To Sell." Also, the description should be a larger text area.
        it will store this in Json format.

This will help us to be replicated across potentially dozens of sites on same domain, so we dont need to create more fields.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

Hi, Thank you very much for this idea.

The best practice, in this case, is to create your own custom form control with the desired functionality. Our current strategy with form controls and web part is to keep the count low as we already are over bloated with single purpose items. I hope you understand.

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 3 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
          Michal Kadak
          E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

• CSRF attack disable on certain page configuration

Disable CSRF option is a must because sometime Payment Gateway post data to website. As a result system throw an error Value s is null /CSRF attack detected. We cannot control payment gateway, So this option is a must.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
            Michal Kadak

• Make screenwidth/screenheight dynamic for web parts

In certain web parts you need to add the screenwidth and screenheight in pixels (as with the content slider or a google maps).
            Macro's here do not work such as {% CurrentDevice.ScreenPixelsHeight #%}.

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
              Product Owner

• Product Attribute Price Adjustment as percentage

Currently you can speicfy a price adjustment as a fixed amount in the Main Currency. I'd like to see the ability to set the price adjusment as a percentage of the Product Price.

I'm not sure of all the scenario's that this will be suitable to, but I have been asked for this for a clothing store which wants to add a percentile based amount to larger sizes.

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
                Michal Kadak

• Make reports installable in custom modules

When creating custom modules, there is no possibility to include reports that are bound to the module when creating installation packages.

It would simplify the custom module installation process a lot, especially when there are numerous reports.

7 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
                  Michal Kadak

• Multi-select contacts in workflow processes

It would be great if we had checkboxes/multi-select when looking at contacts in workflows so that more than one contact at a time can be manually transitioned through processes and/or deleted.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
                    Product Owner

• Report permissions

There needs to be a way to manage access to report categories or particular reports using user role permissions.

We are often creating reports that agregarte data across mutiple sites and these should not be avialbale to all editors on all sites just because they need to have access to other site level reports.

17 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 6 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
                      Michal Kadak

• Allow customizing time zone per culture in Pages app

In the Pages app, no matter which culture you have selected, date/time controls display whatever time zone is set for the site (or user). Please change this so that date/time controls automatically adjust to the culture you have selected.

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
                        Product Owner

• Ignore Process Domain Prefix when under azurewebsites.net

Currently we implement most of our sites on Kentico within the Azure environment. One of the issues we consistently have project to project is when we set the Process Domain Prefix to always go to www, we can no longer use the sitename.azurewebsites.net url. This is because it will automatically redirect the site to www.sitename.azurewebsites.net which is invalid. Another issue with this is when trying to use Traffic manager within the Azure environment. Traffic manager uses the azurewebsites.net address and checks the response code of the request to ensure it is a 200. Traffic manager only views a 200 as…

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
                          Michal Kadak

• Categories versioning

Ability to version Kentico categories just like other objects.

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
                            Product Owner

• Usability change - Make sure your backend saves changes the same way in all modules

If you look at your modules, sometimes changes will be autosaved, in other screens the save button is at the top, sometimes in another place. You have different teams working on these modules, but please don't ignore usability for your backend users.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
                              Michal Kadak

• Need More Kentico Portal Templates (Free) atleast on partner level

looking for free version templates provided on kentico. I have already used some marketplace templates. I hope and request if there can be more in the future or maybe on the new kentico editions. We get same designs and templates on all kentico editions.Right now being a gold partner and even latest kentico we are lacking in themes and templates,

I can see other players in the market providing unlimited templates.

Requesting to please update more portal template at the moment you only have a few when installing kentico..

Thanks

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
                                Product Owner

• Ability to Not delete staging tasks after syncing

Currently after a staging tasks succeeds, it is deleted on the server is being sent from.

I want the ability to sync without deleting the task.

Scenario:

I want to test a production push, so I create a backup of Prod, stick it on a test environment, point my staging tasks to this new environment and push everything, then test the copy of Prod to make sure everything is there and working. Currently if you do this, you have to take a backup of your staging DB and a backup of the PROD to use for testing. After you push,…

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We are trying to solve this scenario with our CI functionality.

Please see: https://docs.kentico.com/k10/developing-websites/preparing-your-environment-for-team-development

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 3 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
                                  Michal Kadak

• In Contact Management, I would like to have a list of the "Duplicates found and successfully updated" Contacts during an import

Sometimes when I import new contacts, I get a number "Duplicates found and successfully updated." I would love to be able to see the list of duplicates that were updated. The reason I would like to see this list is because sometimes, I don't want the contacts on multiple Contact Groups. By seeing the list of Duplicates, I would be able to manually make sure the duplicate contact is in the correct contact group instead of being in multiple contact groups.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
                                    Product Owner

• Ability for Kentico to remember the last x passwords, so you don't enter those again within a period of time

Hello

Kentico user passwords and number of times you reset them should have a better control for us.

Imagine you had a site where you password needs resetting every 3 months for example.

What you want to make sure the user does not do is at the time to reset the password, add in the same password again.

Is it possible for Kentico to remember the last 3 or 5 or even 10 passwords, so people can't use those when resetting their password?

Thanks
                                    Ilesh

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
                                      Michal Kadak

• Add Validate method for BizFormItem class

Currently when I fill a form using API there's no validation performed:

BizFormInfo formObject = BizFormInfoProvider.GetBizFormInfo("myTestForm", SiteContext.CurrentSiteID);
                                      DataClassInfo formClass = DataClassInfoProvider.GetDataClassInfo(formObject.FormClassID);
                                      string className = formClass.ClassName;
                                      ObjectQuery<BizFormItem> data = BizFormItemProvider.GetItems(className);
                                      BizFormItem formRecord = BizFormItem.New(formClass.ClassName);
                                      formRecord.SetValue("MyTestField", "tooShort");
                                      formRecord.Insert();

Idea is to create Validate method that passes all validation rules and returns list of rules violated, to call this method before .Insert

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
                                        Michal Kadak

• Add an icon on the Design Tab for nonstandard layouts

Currently, there's no indication when looking at the Design Tab that a Web Part on the page is using a customized or non-default Layout. It would be great if, on these web parts, an icon would appear (similar to the eyeball icon of the JavaScript web part) when a web part is using a nonstandard layout, so that a developer knows they can't just edit the ascx file and expect the page to update.

8 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
                                          Product Owner

• Unversioned fields on page types

I have a field on my page type which I'd like to update programmatically from an external data source. However the documents are versioned, so I cannot update the field if the document is checked out by a user.

Since I am maintaining this value programmatically, there is no reason to version the field. If there were a way of flagging fields as "unversioned" and allowing them to be updated via API without checking out the page, that would solve my issue.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
                                            Product Owner

← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base