Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort blog months chronologically

In the content tree, blog months are currently sorted alphabetically. Sorting blog months chronologically would make it easier to find posts, particularly when you have multiple years of them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

2. Add a workflow step/task that can promote the update when approved if a staging server exists

Add a workflow step/task that can promote the update when approved if a staging server exists would allow for greater flexibility even for clients which do want to make final changes and publish pages on live. Current behaviour that creates staging task on publish is simply not flexible enough.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

3. Inheritance for Widget Properties

I have "standard" properties which are used by multiple widgets, e.g. Headline CSS Class, Use Button Link, Button Link URL, etc.

Currently I am not able to edit these common properties once in a base widget/webpart and inherit it to all concerned widgets/webparts.

It would be very usefull if this would be possible. I would like to have this feature as it is implemented for page types.

Currently I am forced to "Clone" a widget. If the customer want a extension of e.g. the Headline CSS Class, I have to do it in ALL Webparts. This is redundance and a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management Product Owner

4. Add Support for Salesforce Sandbox integration

Currently there is no way to authorize Kentico with a client's Salesforce Sandbox. The authorization always tries to authenticate with "login.salesforce.com" where the sandboxes live at "test.salesforce.com". It would be great to be able to switch between the two for testing Salesforce replication without replicating to a client's production Salesforce.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hi Paul,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

5. Google Analytics webpart could be updated to include the script within the HEAD section

Using classic or universal code. Both required to be placed in <head> area of site. Perhaps checkbox for 'include in head'.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set after submit action for alternative form

In a from setting it can be specified what action should be performed after a from is submitted(message, redirect, ...). In would be nice to be able to specify this behaviour also on alternative forms. (Also submit button text.)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

7. Neutral cultures and a default fallback culture

Currently you have only one default culture available in Kentico. This option isn't usually sufficient for global web portals, containing content for multiple different languages. Here is the scenario. Let’s have the neutral cultures DE (German), English (EN) and Spanish (ES). Now, these languages can have country (region) specific translations:
    Neutral language EN:
    EN-US
    EN-UK
    EN-AU
    Neutral language DE:
    DE-DE
    DE-AT
    DE-LU
    Neutral language ES:
    ES-AR
    ES-CO
    ES-CR
    If you now create some content section, which looks like this, with the content translated into languages in the brackets:

News folder
    -News1 (de-de, en-uk)
    -News2 (de-lu, es-ar)
    -News3 (de-de, de-at, en-us) …

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

thanks for the great suggestion. We have, however, decided not to chase this opportunity at this point due to other priorities on the Kentico EMS roadmap.

Just a not though – if this is a critical feature for your project, consider looking at https://docs.kenticocloud.com/tutorials/set-up-projects/set-up-languages/localization-in-kentico-cloud where we had the possibility to architect the fallback logic from scratch.

David

8. Improved bundle management

I would like to be able to specify quantity of products in bundle definition and also to order them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. Last year we changed the way we want to use Kentico UserVoice
    http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up. Therefore, we started ideas refresh and clean up allowing us to utilize this channel like it should have been all along.

The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Anyway, we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

9. Preview mode in the Email builder - no "Go back" button

When using the Preview mode in the Email builder, there's no possibility to quickly go back to editing the email. The only way is to go back to Email marketing feature, filter the Newsletter and open the email issue again.
    Can you please change the flow? It's kinda annoying...

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

the Email preview is now being opened in a new tab, so you can have both the edit and preview opened at the same time. Even if you change something in the edit mode, a simple page reload on the second tab (with Preview opened) updates the content to display your changes.

David

10. Does anybody from Kentico look at this ?

There are so many ideas here have no correspondence / replies from Kentico, I do wonder if they look at this very often. What is the actual point

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DocumentHelper.GetDocuments().CheckPermissions() for anonymous users

CheckPermissions() blocks nodes for anonymous users even if content nodes don't have any access restrictions applied. I think this is more just a bug that needs to be fixed - if Security tab in the content tree doesn't have any security rules, DocumentHelper.GetDocuments() should return identical results with or without CheckPermissions().

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Control that can store multiple value

This custom control will allow us to dynamically add/edit/remove Product Label Name/description nodes (such as "How to Use", "How To Sell." Also, the description should be a larger text area.
    it will store this in Json format.

This will help us to be replicated across potentially dozens of sites on same domain, so we dont need to create more fields.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Thank you very much for this idea.

The best practice, in this case, is to create your own custom form control with the desired functionality. Our current strategy with form controls and web part is to keep the count low as we already are over bloated with single purpose items. I hope you understand.

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 3 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak
    E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

13. CSRF attack disable on certain page configuration

Disable CSRF option is a must because sometime Payment Gateway post data to website. As a result system throw an error Value s is null /CSRF attack detected. We cannot control payment gateway, So this option is a must.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

14. Make screenwidth/screenheight dynamic for web parts

In certain web parts you need to add the screenwidth and screenheight in pixels (as with the content slider or a google maps).
    Macro's here do not work such as {% CurrentDevice.ScreenPixelsHeight #%}.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

15. Product Attribute Price Adjustment as percentage

Currently you can speicfy a price adjustment as a fixed amount in the Main Currency. I'd like to see the ability to set the price adjusment as a percentage of the Product Price.

I'm not sure of all the scenario's that this will be suitable to, but I have been asked for this for a clothing store which wants to add a percentile based amount to larger sizes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

16. Make reports installable in custom modules

When creating custom modules, there is no possibility to include reports that are bound to the module when creating installation packages.

It would simplify the custom module installation process a lot, especially when there are numerous reports.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

17. Multi-select contacts in workflow processes

It would be great if we had checkboxes/multi-select when looking at contacts in workflows so that more than one contact at a time can be manually transitioned through processes and/or deleted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

18. Report permissions

There needs to be a way to manage access to report categories or particular reports using user role permissions.

We are often creating reports that agregarte data across mutiple sites and these should not be avialbale to all editors on all sites just because they need to have access to other site level reports.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 6 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

19. Allow customizing time zone per culture in Pages app

In the Pages app, no matter which culture you have selected, date/time controls display whatever time zone is set for the site (or user). Please change this so that date/time controls automatically adjust to the culture you have selected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

20. Ignore Process Domain Prefix when under azurewebsites.net

Currently we implement most of our sites on Kentico within the Azure environment. One of the issues we consistently have project to project is when we set the Process Domain Prefix to always go to www, we can no longer use the sitename.azurewebsites.net url. This is because it will automatically redirect the site to www.sitename.azurewebsites.net which is invalid. Another issue with this is when trying to use Traffic manager within the Azure environment. Traffic manager uses the azurewebsites.net address and checks the response code of the request to ensure it is a 200. Traffic manager only views a 200 as…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base