Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MVC on Free Edition

As of version 10 in Kentico, if a Developer wants to host a website built using Kentico CMS using MVC, they need to purchase a license for it.

This is a barrier for developers to enter and try out Kentico CMS with MVC. Since Kentico recently announced (at the Roadshows) that MVC would become the primary development model in the next version, it makes sense to provide access to this model for new developers in that version. However as it stands, they will be forced to use one of the other, non-preferred development models (Portal, ASPX or Mixed) to evaluate…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hello!

Thanks for your complete explanation of the need for MVC in the Free edition.

This seems to be a more common requirement now when we look into MVC further and we are evaluating this change right now.

I will keep you updated about the progress as we come closer to the next beta.

David Komarek
      Product Owner

• Stop creating the 'Andy' user in new kentico installs.

The Andy user serves no purpose other than adding another site setup/launch checklist item to delete the user. Having a default user created with editor pivledges and no password in every kenticO is a huge issue.

I say remove security vulnerability andy!

35 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Andy user is not on a clean install without sample sites. However, even a blank site will import this user and some other sample data.

That being said I suppose the Andy user is not an issue if you’re not using sample site as a template. Or maybe there’s another reason why you need to import sample site on your production Kentico installation.

Therefore the root cause maybe something else. Perhaps a boiler plate package without sample data or something else that you will get with the sample site.

Please leave me a comment.

Kind Regards
        Michal Kadak
        E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

• Limit Widgets allowed in Widget Zone

Very simple, would be great to be allowed to limit what types of widgets are allowed in Widget zones. This way we can place a widget zone and allow specific widgets in there only (like a footer link widget in the footer area, or a header link widget, etc).

Would be relatively simple. Add a widget class selector field to a Webpart zone that's set to be a Widget zone, then have the Widget selector filter the available widgets based on that.

119 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

we are exploring the options on how to limit widgets that can be added to various zones that are available to content editors on the whole web.

Limiting widgets per zone is one of the most considered options.

(Please note that the main focus is on the MVC devleopment model)

If you have any suggestions on what possibilities to limit widgets you would appreciate, please leave a comment below!

David Komarek
          Product Owner

• Add Privilege level that will allow access to Global applications based on roles

There is a need to allow users access to global applications for editing and maintenance of a sites but allowing them the unrestricted access that the Global Administrator privilege offers is a risk. There is a need to have a privilege level that allowed access to global applications based on roles and permissions. As a custom solution provider we run across this need on every project.

124 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            13 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Admin →
          • MVC + Portal Model (Widgets)

I would have like to start using MVC with Kentico since the company I work for prefers MVC pattern over Web Forms. However after talking to Kentico support we found out you can not use the portal model with MVC.

Is this functionaility planned for any feature release or part of Kentico 8?

177 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

We are currently trying to come up with the best model for enabling Content editors and Marketers to compose parts of pages using widgets also on MVC websites.

What do you think about the following:

1. The most important part is to enable business users (Content editors, Marketers) to add and configure components (widgets) in within specific areas (zones) on a page

2. MVC developers know how to create layoyuts/templates and can do that on their onw, only need to be able to mark part of the layout as a widget area/zone

3. MVC developers know how to implement reusable components. If there is a unified way to register such components with Kentico to be used in widget areas, there is no need to develop hundreds of out-of-the-box widgets.

4. The biggest wish for Content editors and Marketersis to be able to influence a section of a specific page,…

• 75 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                18 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Our current approach is to cover scenarios:
                1. Order created (All Order data are available for GA EC tracking)
                2. Single SKU impression (SKU data from visited product page are available for GA EC tracking)
                3. check out process journey (cart abandonment in GA)

For the first and second scenario, we plan to introduce helper tool which will provide valid JSON with order (items, totals, etc.) data that will be pushed into the data layer.

Best practice will be to use Tag Manager to connect GA and Kentico.

All three scenarios will be covered in our documentation with step by step tutorial.

By nature the Google Analytics E-commerce tracking is not suitable for “single click setting feature” and that’s the reason why
                we decided to go with this helper solution.

Helper will be customizable.

What do you think?

thank you

Kind Regards
                Michal Kadak
                E-commerce and Platform Product…

• Authorise and Capture Payment

For the ecommerce checkout process it would be nice to allow configuration of the store to initially allow an order payment to be authorised, but not captured.

A cms admin can then capture the payment once goods are shipped. Most ecommerce shopping carts seem to support this (see www.aspdotnetstorefront.com as an example)

Also google checkout integration would be a nice to have.

72 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  4 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We will shortly begin a research which should lead to an upgrade of our payment gateway API/model and eventually new payment gateways with Authorise and Capture capabilities.

If you’ve already tried to implement Authorise and Capture with the current model, please sum up the issues/struggles in the comment below or leave a contact if you want to be a part of the research.

Kind Regards
                  Michal Kadak
                  E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

• Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base