Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create more and accurate API documentation

The documentation is not extensive enough. Provide more code samples, descriptions of the input and output parameters and the exceptions.

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We will continue to make our API documentation better.
    If you come across a concrete page or section in our documentation that needs maintenance, or some article that should be covered in the docs, we would greatly appreciate if you create a new idea with this specific issue, and we can focus on it.

This idea is too abstract, and we can profit from it no more. Therefore I will close it.

Thank you

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

2. Shopping Cart Multiple Ship-To Locations

Shoppers can specify multiple ship-to addresses for different items. This is probably a difficult feature to implement, but very popular for gift items where shoppers buy something for themselves plus others in a single order. An example of this is yankeecandle.com

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, we do not plan to implement this feature out of the box.

Let me give you some tips for a workaround:

1) Create a control that allows customer to specify a shipping address for each cart item
    and place this control to the shopping cart content table webpart transformation to make it visible for each product in the cart content table, see yankeecandle.com. Control could store entered shipping address in ShoppingCartItemInfo class custom data.

2) Use our customization model to override shipping calculation (ShippingOptionInfoProvider.CalculateShipping method) as you will need to include shipping charges for specific order items

3) Customize the order editing form in Admin to display additional shipping addresses to store manager. You can do that either via a custom order field that can be defined in order alternative form or via Order items tab control customization.

Anyway, feel free to use our support if you will need…

3. Survey module

I would like to see a survey module where I can create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello,

first of all, thank you for suggesting and voting for this idea. Despite the high number of votes, the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision and we do not plan to implement it in the near future. Therefore, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind regards.

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

4. 133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

A decision on this idea has already been made. According to information we have, this idea was declined as it doesn’t fit our product vision. The cost will be enormous compared to the benefit of it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner.

5. A media player webpart with playlist

I would like to see a webpart that would play videos which have been uploaded to a folder. And would present the visitor with a playlist. Something similar to http://www.cnn.com/video where the video player is on the left and the playlist appears on the right.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management Product Owner

6. enable workflow integration to bizform entries

It would be nice if there was some sort of workflow that was available for BizForms. Also connecting data types with BizForms as an output. So basically a user fills out a BizForm and on submit it creates a document that can follow workflow. Or some other integration between BizForms, Document Types, and Workflow.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

7. Provide support for Pre and Post Transformation HTML

Add pre and post transformation html so that we can wrap "<ul>" and "</ul>" around a transformation without having to remember to do it in every webpart where the transformation is used.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

8. Copy Document(s) to Multiple Sites

It would be great if you could copy a document to multiple sites.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management Product Owner

9. Personalize content in dynamic newsletters for each Contact

Within dynamic newsletters (based on a web page) I would like to use personalization of the content for each Contact individually (per recipient). Now it is not easily possible as only Subscriber-related macros are resolved individually and rest of the macros in the dynamic newsletter are resolved once per e-mail. I would like to resolve Contact-related macros indivudually (per recipient) so that I can personalize content per recipient (Contact).

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Due to issues with Dynamic (page-based) newsletters, we have created the new Email builder with dynamic widgets in mind. Therefore widgets can be written so that they obtain the content in the time of sending (e.g. latest news).

Also, thanks to our internal performance test, we suggest limiting personalization to personas rather than complex conditions or contact groups.

I’ll be glad if your try out the new Email builder and let me know how your personalization works with it!

http://insider.kentico.net/Forms/Kentico-Insider-Beta-2-registration?utm_campaign=beta2&utm_source=uservoice&utm_medium=email&utm_content=dynamicpersonalization_link

Thanks for your thoughts!

David Komarek
    Product Owner

10. Paging / Steps within a Form

It would be nice to have steps within a form. So you can fill in a few fields and then click on next and get the second half of the form.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision for planned versions, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

11. 68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We do not plan to support different shipping cost for each country and other similar advanced shipping configuration out of the box as it doesn’t fit our product vision. I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

On the other hand, since Kentico 8.2 there is a new customization model of shipping providers that allows you to create a custom shipping module including a custom administration page for shipping costs configuration. All the code and the UI can then be packed as a module and reused for your other projects. For more details see our documentation: https://docs.kentico.com/k10/e-commerce-features/customizing-and-developing-your-store/shipping-related-customizing. There is also a webinar recording about how to customize shipping calculation in Kentico: http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/webinar-recap-adding-real-time-shipping-rates-to-kentico

Anyway, we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

12. Multiple Document Selector Form Control

I need to select multiple documents at once to populate some field on my form. Those documents are saved onto my media library.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

13. add taxonomy to the categorization (similar to the AP taxonomy), or at least allow for the import of

Allow Kentico to interface with industry standard taxonomies (like the AP taxonomy) would better position it to compete with publishing systems. Taxonomy should be able to be applied to any asset (texts, images, events, products etc.) to improve search and "you may also like" abilities.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since the idea doesn’t fit our product vision and there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

14. Allow Active Directory and Kentico user field mapping to be config driven when automatically creating new users with Windows Authenticaton

There is currently no way to control how new users are auto created when using Windows Authentication/Active Directory. By that I mean, the mapping of their Full Name, First name & Surname etc to the relevant fields in Kentico.

Doing this with the AD Import utility is a breeze as it gives you the options to map the fields. However, when relying on new users to be automatically created when they land on the site it sets their Full name to the same as their username and doesn't set the First or Surname at all. This doesn;t create a particulary…

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add A Markdown Editor Control

It would be amazing if we could have a Markdown control we could use in place of the CKEditor control for document types and custom tables etc.

Markdown, for some people, is a much quicker way of writing content and gets rid of the bulky ways classic WYSIWYG editors work.

It may not be for every end users tastes, however, the option would be great as many people prefer this form of content editing.

Essentially if you built a wrapper for this, or something similar, it'd be awesome http://epiceditor.com/

Mark

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I would like to thank again everybody who supported this idea. After some further evaluation of various possibilities, I have decided to close decline this idea. Although markdown can be useful in certain cases, based on feedback I have received, WYSIWYG that is producing HTML is far more important. I am aware of limitations that CKedtior has, however, when it comes to real life useage, it seems to handle most requirements pretty well.

As suggested, custom implementation (custom form control or a web part) may be the way to go if a specific syntax is required.

Thanks again for all the comments!

David Komarek
    Conten Management Product Owner

16. Customisable product from existing SKU products

Similar to the example in default e-commerce site, the customisable options to be selected from SKU products, rather than setup as seperate product option. So for example as a cycle business a user could select the frame, wheels, pedals etc to create the custom cycle they want. It would also need to look at available stock levels to show availability, but this could be as simple as not being available in the combo box if stock level is 0.

If added using Checkbox or radio buttons it would make sense to limit the number of options to add. With combo…

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. Last year we changed the way we want to use Kentico UserVoice
    http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up. Therefore, we started ideas refresh and clean up allowing us to utilize this channel like it should have been all along.

As for Customizable product from existing SKU, it doesn’t fit our product vision. I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Anyway, we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

17. support master-child webdomain structure

you have one top level organisational domain (e.g. country wide club www.xlovers.com) and many local level organisational child domains (e.g. local town based clubs www.town123xlovers.com, the clubs being members of the country wide club). all domains are accessible via their respectiv seperate domains, but the content is shared and selectively displayed: top level site contains all, local site just local content (like subtree). Admin and users shared too.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show WebPart on every page

new proparty of webpart to display the same web part with the same content in the zone with the same name on every page of site

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

19. SEO Page Optimization Score

It would be great if there is an On-Page Grader that measures how well a page is optimized for a keyword. The On-Page Grader will check 25+ SEO factors and will give automatically an Optimization Score (0-100%). In my opinion a must have for content marketers and an unique selling point for new customers.

Some factors we used to optimize pages:
    - Accessible to Search Engines
    - Sufficient Characters in Content
    - Only One Canonical URL
    - Exact Keyword Used in Document at Least Once
    - Broad Keyword Use in Page Title
    - Avoid Multiple Page Title Elements
    - Avoid…

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello all,

first of all, than you Frank for sharing your idea. I do believe that it would be a nice feature that could complement our other Online marketing features. However, I believe that currently there are areas in existing OM functionality that deserve higher priority and focus than SEO optmiziation.

Therefore, we’re not planning to implement this feature in the near future and I have to close this suggestion.

If you disagree with this decision or you want to discuss this idea any further, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

20. Option to render Button as Link for all webparts

I think it would be really nice when Kentico webparts/user controls would be more CSS friendly when buttons get the possibility to render as link.

When using a link (LinkButton), in for instance the ShoppingCart, the developer/designer is free to create his own look and feel button, with for instance CSS like this :

/* #Buttons/Dark green# */
    a.ButtonDarkGreen span {
    background: transparent url('/images/MAIN/button-darkgreen-left.png') no-repeat 0 0;
    display:block;
    padding: 0 0 0 8px;
    position: relative;
    height:21px;
    line-height:21px; /* CHANGE THIS VALUE ACCORDING TO BUTTONG HEIGHT */
    color:#FFFFFF;
    }

a.ButtonDarkGreen {
    background: transparent url('/images/MAIN/button-darkgreen-right-arrow.png') no-repeat top right;
    height:21px; /* CHANGE THIS…

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    we are considering several options to make Kentico’s markup more user-friendly for front-end developers, however, currently we do not plan to convert all buttons to links. On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas…

← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base