Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. External Form Post

Allow for HTTP POST of a form that just goes to an external site. I don't want to have to write any C# or bypass everything with JQUERY or other library. I just want to put method="POST" and an action="externalurl" to send my form data to.

e.g. Salesforce Web-to-Case, Web-to-Lead other third party widget that I want to embed in my site that has nothing to do with Kentico at all.

Sometimes, you just don't want to Forms from Kentico as the information is going to SurveyGizmo or something else. Just a simple post to a 3rd party URL where…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unsubscribe a lot of names at once

I have many emails that I need to remove from my lists. I would like to import a list and opt them out in one shot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UX improving

Hello,
    I would like to possibility change size of field with text, which I edit.
    I have big monitor, I would like to enlarge field "popis" (see attachement).

thx a lot
    michal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restoring a Forms from Recycle Bin should restore the data too

When a Form is deleted and put into the Recycle bin, the data that was already created is not saved. Restoring the Form therefore does not restore the Data.
    The users however expect that not only the form definition, but also the form data will be restored.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Glossary

Create the ability to add a glossary of terms with definitions. Allow searching through it and allow terms to be categorized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Better contact adding for static contact groups

At the moment when you set up a static contact group there is no way to search for contacts to add to it. This makes the feature useless except for sites with a very small number of contacts or by using code to manage them. It would make sense to me to do away with the distinction between dynamic and static contact groups and have only one type made up from a rules based search with an option to determine how often the search is rerun.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the capability to add links/icons to the dashboard that take the user to a page created outside of the CMS.

I have users who need to be able to add content to the CMS from a mobile platform. I would like to see you add the capability to add a shortcut presented as a links or icons to the dashboard. The link/icon shortcut would take the user to a page created outside of the CMS. This allows us to provide a custom view to users for mobile and improves the mobile experience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Social Media Icons at top of website

It would be nice to have our social media icons at the top of the site. Even if the icons are smaller than they currently are. I think it is important to have these links available and visible for visitors even if they do not scroll through the site. All of our competitors have this feature and I would like to see it added to our templates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export custom fields of page types in content tree

Export custom fields of page types in content tree

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integration of DeepL as an standard Translation Servive

DeepL is actual one of the best autotranslation Services on the market.
    Is it possible to integrate this Service ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display Repeater webpart where condition errors in event log in Kentico CMS 10

Hi Team,

When we are using wrong statement in Repeater where condition then it should be display "Select statement" with detail query in event log. It was in Kentico CMS 9 and Kentico CMS 8 as well but not available in Kentico CMS 10.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Place <meta charset=""> tag above <title> tag

We've found a few references that indicate the <meta charset> declaration should precede the <title> declaration in the <head> element. Seems like it's preferable to have it immediately after the opening <head> tag.

https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-html-encoding-declarations

https://code.google.com/archive/p/doctype-mirror/wikis/MetaCharsetAttribute.wiki

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change the duration of VisitorStatus cookie from 20 years to 1 year

Our attorneys have recommended that this be done as part of our ongoing GDPR compliance efforts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Color Picker in page type application

When add a fields in your page type we need have color picker for color field.

Regards,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve widget display in rich text editor

Editors have difficulty differentiating widgets in the rich text editor / CKEditor, especially in large amounts of content. For example, the BlogPostBody field may contain multiple instances of our "Article Image" widget, but they all appear as only an icon.

I don't know what the limitations are, and realize there may be efficiency issues since the lifecycle of the widget and web part have to run for the widget to display, but I'll put forward a couple solution ideas:

Option 1) Have "Show preview in editor" checkbox and preview dimension fields in widget instance properties. Instead of the widget thumbnail,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search by Class Name in Module list

As the title suggests, it would be nice if we could search by Class Name on the Modules page as it is not always obvious which module a class is defined in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. search input search term

Smart Search webpart should populate with the search term, if present. This makes it easily recognized that a search was performed, and if there was a typo, the user would see it within the webpart. This has become a standard in searches.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use the Service model for SKUAvailableItems

I would like to see the SKUAvailableItems implemented using the Service model similar to the way Pricing and Calculations have been implemented in Kentico 11.

Ideally the service would have the SKUID, ShippingAddress and UserID. This will allow lookups to get the SKUAvailableItems based on the users location or the shipping address and hence we would be able to check the quantity in the nearest Warehouse / Distribution point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Vagrant Box

Are you familiar at all with Vagrant? https://www.vagrantup.com/

I was wondering if Kentico would consider provisioning a Vagrant Box with the necessary software installed so that Mac users could develop locally.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Calendar: Make different colour codes for different departments' events. For example PSP Sports - blue; PSP REC - green; MFRC - yellow.

Calendar: Make different colour codes for different departments' events. For example PSP Sports - blue; PSP REC - green; MFRC - yellow; Health Promotion - orange.

This would give the viewer a way to view the calendar events in the category they are interested in. Finding events and dates would become easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base