Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Survey module

I would like to see a survey module where I can create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    15 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello,

first of all, thank you for suggesting and voting for this idea. Despite the high number of votes, the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision and we do not plan to implement it in the near future. Therefore, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind regards.

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

2. Personalize content in dynamic newsletters for each Contact

Within dynamic newsletters (based on a web page) I would like to use personalization of the content for each Contact individually (per recipient). Now it is not easily possible as only Subscriber-related macros are resolved individually and rest of the macros in the dynamic newsletter are resolved once per e-mail. I would like to resolve Contact-related macros indivudually (per recipient) so that I can personalize content per recipient (Contact).

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Due to issues with Dynamic (page-based) newsletters, we have created the new Email builder with dynamic widgets in mind. Therefore widgets can be written so that they obtain the content in the time of sending (e.g. latest news).

Also, thanks to our internal performance test, we suggest limiting personalization to personas rather than complex conditions or contact groups.

I’ll be glad if your try out the new Email builder and let me know how your personalization works with it!

http://insider.kentico.net/Forms/Kentico-Insider-Beta-2-registration?utm_campaign=beta2&utm_source=uservoice&utm_medium=email&utm_content=dynamicpersonalization_link

Thanks for your thoughts!

David Komarek
    Product Owner

3. Paging / Steps within a Form

It would be nice to have steps within a form. So you can fill in a few fields and then click on next and get the second half of the form.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision for planned versions, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

4. SEO Page Optimization Score

It would be great if there is an On-Page Grader that measures how well a page is optimized for a keyword. The On-Page Grader will check 25+ SEO factors and will give automatically an Optimization Score (0-100%). In my opinion a must have for content marketers and an unique selling point for new customers.

Some factors we used to optimize pages:
    - Accessible to Search Engines
    - Sufficient Characters in Content
    - Only One Canonical URL
    - Exact Keyword Used in Document at Least Once
    - Broad Keyword Use in Page Title
    - Avoid Multiple Page Title Elements
    - Avoid…

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all,

first of all, than you Frank for sharing your idea. I do believe that it would be a nice feature that could complement our other Online marketing features. However, I believe that currently there are areas in existing OM functionality that deserve higher priority and focus than SEO optmiziation.

Therefore, we’re not planning to implement this feature in the near future and I have to close this suggestion.

If you disagree with this decision or you want to discuss this idea any further, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

5. Use AJAX on output cached pages to pull in fresh content for Banner Rotator

There should be an option that if a page is going to be output cached and it contains a Banner Rotator, the page should use ajax to pull in a fresh banner from the banner management system.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

6. The advanced workflow has so much capability; it should be expanded to work for more than just documents, for example linking between forms

The advanced workflow has so much capability; it should be expanded to work for more than just documents, for example linking between online forms. It’s almost there, if it did not require the Edit, Publish, and Archive steps it would probably work because then I could just program some custom shapes and invoke it manually.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us! Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past months and it does not fit our current Online marketing vision (we do not plan to extend automation to other objects), I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

7. Tracking of personalization

I would like to be able track how various (personalization) variants and/or contacts with Personas assigned contribute to conversions. To understand if the personalization is set up correctly (meaning it leads to more conversions, etc.)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision for next version, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

8. Enable Reverse Proxy scenarios for Targeting and Analytics

Enable a setting to be able to change where the Client IP Address is obtained. In a reverse proxy setting, the client IP address is the address of the proxy, not the actual clients ip address. This causes loss of Geolocation-driven functionality and a reduction in the usefulness of certain Web Analytics. An alternative location for the client IP address would be the first IP address within the "X-Forwarded-For" header field.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m going to close this request. There is a workaround for this. If workaround is not viable solution, please provide more details in comments.

9. Widgets - Support Content Personalization Variants

Content personalization for widgets is only supported within rich text areas. Ideally they would operate much like web parts. Likewise widget zones should have the same personalization options as web part zones.

Without this feature we will have to lean more on web parts which can make a template less flexible.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

we are not planning any improvements in personalization of widget zones in v10 or near future. Therefore I am going to close this suggestion.

If you disagree with me or you have any questions, please, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

10. Ability to specify the field name from the form editor interface

It would make it much easier for users and developers implementing integrations with the bizforms module if users were able to specify the names of the underlying fields from within the form editor instead of having to switch to the fields tab and set it there.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

after evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and roadmap. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

11. Allow staging of personas, scoring or contact groups

Allow synchronization of personas, scoring or contact groups. We would like to be able to define a persona, scoring or contact group in the dev environment and push them to a production site (where they would be recalculated using the production site's contacts).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

12. Preview mode in the Email builder - no "Go back" button

When using the Preview mode in the Email builder, there's no possibility to quickly go back to editing the email. The only way is to go back to Email marketing feature, filter the Newsletter and open the email issue again.
    Can you please change the flow? It's kinda annoying...

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

the Email preview is now being opened in a new tab, so you can have both the edit and preview opened at the same time. Even if you change something in the edit mode, a simple page reload on the second tab (with Preview opened) updates the content to display your changes.

David

13. Active an inactive newsletters

It could be helpful to add a feature to separate newsletters by grouping them on active and inactive newsletters.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

14. add salutation to newsletters

first and lastname are not enough to personalize a newsletter. add a salutation field

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a tickbox to the image and link creation for absolute reference

Email newsletters links and images do not work properly if you don't provide an absolute reference (e.g. "http://www" rather than just "/...." )

Can you provide a tickbox so that links and images added to pages or newsletters contain the absolute reference to the location on the site.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

this functionality should be working in Kentico with no issues. Therefore I am closing this suggestion.

If you disagree with this decision or you have any questions, please, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

16. add a "Documents' tab to bizforms

I'd like to see a "Documents' tab to bizforms. This way I can tell which pages my forms are on, much like how I can tell how many pages use each template.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

after re-evaluation of this suggestion we decided to currently not implement this functionality in v10 because it doesn’t fit our product vision and there hasn’t been any new supporters of this idea in the past 12 months. Therefore, I am closing this suggestion.

If you have any questions or you want to discuss the idea, please, feel free to send me an email.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik

17. Set after submit action for alternative form

In a from setting it can be specified what action should be performed after a from is submitted(message, redirect, ...). In would be nice to be able to specify this behaviour also on alternative forms. (Also submit button text.)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

18. Click maps on newsletter

something like on Mailchimp with detailed click info. With preview of email with percentage bar near each link.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More "CRM" capabilities

Improve current Contact managemenet module so that it has simple features of CRM for customers who don't need Salesforce. - Easy CRM

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

20. Google Analytics webpart could be updated to include the script within the HEAD section

Using classic or universal code. Both required to be placed in <head> area of site. Perhaps checkbox for 'include in head'.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base