Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to mass upload subscribers to a newsletter without having to put them in a contact group.

Be able to mass upload a list of subscribers to a newsletter without having to put them in a contact group. For example, if I collect email opt-ins at an event I simply want to add them to my newsletter recipients. The only way to do that today is through a contact group. Once they are in a contact group I am not able to see individual opt in/out status.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. email priority

Kentico adds to email from email marketing this properties:
    X-Priority: 5
    Priority: non-urgent
    Importance: low

But I can not influence it. Please, add settings for it.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Thumbnail view for attachment fields containing image variants

I would like to have a thumbnail view mode for attachment fields. We use this field type to store gallery images with concerned image versions. The customer likes to have a thumbnail view mode like it is available for folders containing multiple cms.file pages.

In the "attachment" field type, only a list view is possible. The image is shown only on hover.

In addition it would be nice to have an option to hide image variants because the content editors do not need this information.

Thx, Elmar

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update Kentico's Obsolete GeoLocation Integration to Support GeoLite2

Kentico currently uses MaxMind's legacy GeoLite City for their free implementation for geolocation. Kentico also currently supports GeoIP Organization as a paid form of geolocation for more accurate results. Both of these are no longer supported by MaxMind and are no longer being updated. On January 2, 2019, these will be removed from their site entirely. Kentico should consider updating their integration to MaxMind's newer GeoLite2 and GeoIP2 otherwise all of their users will have no way to update their geolocation database. Over time, these databases will become less and less accurate until the built in geolocation in Kentico is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. <script>alert(1)</script>

<script>alert(1)</script>

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get On fly Resized image from AWS S3 storage into Kentico

Kentico default Media library supports " URLs of resized images in media libraries" like below
    Permanent URL*
    (e.g., /Kentico/getmedia/ed0be744-9e70-4056-8c7d-91fc5087813c/Panda.jpg.aspx?width=100&height=66)

We lost the above feature when we will integrate Media Library with third party storage location like AWS S3 and Azure blob

Can you provide this default feature when images stored images in S3 and Azure blob?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SaaS & Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. auto-select the uploaded package

When i update a new package to import, it would be nice if the new package will be selected automatically instead of having to selected it manually. (So many time i click « next » with the wrong package)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sort smart search by document name

Did you know that DocumentName and Document title are not currently allowed as sorting options by default on smart search? Kentico Support's official recommendation is to go into the Modules and set the Pages module as customizable, to save document name and title as fields outside of _content (thus letting them be sortable)

Title should be able to be one of the default sortable items without having to customize the site.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Facebook shop integration

Several,clients recurring ask us for the ability to connect kentico ecommerce with facebook shop are like so they need the connector like
    https://woocommerce.com/products/facebook/
    Please let me know how to achieve the same feature with Kentico with Facebook
    This is a really key desition for themsolutions so they need the connector like
    https://woocommerce.com/products/facebook/
    I think this is a must to now in the ecommerce market.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Glossary

Create the ability to add a glossary of terms with definitions. Allow searching through it and allow terms to be categorized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve user role permission settings

I think the current way Kentico is handling the permissions is not the way to go. I am very surprised that a Role is applied to the Kentico tree (pages) even if I don’t add the role in the tree. We have a large site with multiple editors. Some editors are only allowed to work in one part of the Kentico Tree. Now I have to create a lot of ‘denies’ and when there is a user that has more than one role (for example a website part and a intranet part) I need to create a new role for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Kentico MVC - More control over URL Pattern for Content Only Page Types

Currently, Content Only Page Types have a single URL Pattern field that is intended to somewhat connect the URL route of a page to the content tree. However, it seems to be limited to just a few simple macros like NodeAliasPath and DocumentCulture for simple URL paths this works. However for advanced URLs it does not cut it.

I would love it if, at the very least, we could execute custom Macros in this property to craft more complex URLs (they currently don't work here based on my testing K10). Or maybe there needs to be some other mechanism to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically generate scheduled tasks for web farms

When you are using web farms, a few scheduled tasks need to be configured to execute on every server. When new servers are created by a rolling update or during auto-scaling, these tasks need to be created manually, or by writing a custom handler to generate them. It would be great if they could be flagged for automatic creation.

The custom handler solution is described here:
    http://blogs.jeroenfurst.nl/blog/august-2015/automatically-generate-scheduled-tasks-for-web-far

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Web part Visibility Where Condition

Allow a Where condition inside of a Web Part's Visibility so we can set up rules other than page types or roles. It would be nice to have the web part hide if a certain field isn't entered or set up other custom criteria there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide "proxy mode" option for Banned IPs

When Kentico runs behind a load balancer, the Banned IP application is unable to react to the visitor's IP because the requests carry the IP of the load balancer. Microsoft provides a proxy mode in IIS to address this problem. A similar solution in Kentico would be helpful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/get-started/whats-new-in-iis-8/iis-80-dynamic-ip-address-restrictions#configuring-iis-for-proxy-mode

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support for OpenID Connect

Support for OpenID Connect.
    Although OpenID 2.0 is supported on Kentico, it seems that the newer OpenId Connect is not supported yet. I am sure that in future there will be more clients wanting to implement Connect instead so it would be great if they benefit a native support instead of handling custom external authentications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add functionality to use Shift to select multiple items in a list

On a page like Staging, when I want to select 10 items out of a 20 item list, I can't click the first item and then use the Shift button on my keyboard and click the last item to select them all at once.

Instead I have to click 10 times to individually select each one.

You do have the option of clicking the box to select the entire list, but if I want to highlight one chunk out of a big list, I can't do it quickly or efficiently without clicking every single individual item.

This is a very…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Redirect URLs/Aliases When Archiving a Page

When I delete a page, I have the option to "Redirect old URLs to another page", which is great because one does not want to create broken links or 404 errors on your site for UX and SEO purposes.

However when I archive a page, I don't have this option and have to manually follow these steps:

- change original page alias
    - copy all aliases individually from original page
    - archive original page
    - past all aliases to redirected page

When I archive a microsite with 10 pages and each page has 5-10 aliases, this becomes very time consuming…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ability to see what webparts are using particular transformations

It would be a welcome addition to the kentico interface to be able to see where a certain transformation is being used. This could be implemented the same way as in pages were you can see what documents are using a particular page type. This would aid in the changing of transformations so we can track of what those changes might be affecting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base