Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export custom fields of page types in content tree

Export custom fields of page types in content tree

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. URLs in Newsletter

DESCRIPTION:

Settings / URLs and SEO / Redirect invalid case URLs to their correct versions

There is an option "Redirect all requests to lower case URLs"

This is the best setting for SEO and it is fine until now.

PROBLEM is with newsletters. It would be fine to create an exception for them. E.g. checkbox DO NOT USE THIS RULE IN NEWSLETTERS

If you put the link (e.g. Google Sheet, that uses lower and upper cases) into newsletter´s body, all characters in the link are redirect to lower case.

All is fine in Draft, but if you send it to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Live URL visible in Properties/URL

During the changes with the field Path or pattern (Properties/URL) it would be nice to see LiveURL immediately in the same window. There is necessary to have another browser tab (with Properties/General) or anonymous window (with the page) open

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Resign macros by user/select user or identity to assign macro to

During an upgrade you have to resign macros. It would be nice if you could resign all macros by a specific user or Identity. This way it would help prevent security issues. If there are macros that are bad from specific users you can look at them individually.

If you are resigning macros and can select only specific macros from a user, it would be nice if you could then resign them back to that user or to a specific identity.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. setting to default macro to not be signed

The setting would have the macros not be signed so they would run as the Public user. This could be an issue if working with work flows or unpublished content, as a public user would not have access to that. But for the majority of macros I think the public user would have access and it would be better security as it is being all ran as a public user.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customize form builder default layout

By default, Kentico generates a Label, Value, and Validation columns. Often this creates rather nasty validation issues when displayed. Would be great to have a way to customize the default layout the form generator creates to use a separate row for validation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change the duration of VisitorStatus cookie from 20 years to 1 year

Our attorneys have recommended that this be done as part of our ongoing GDPR compliance efforts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support MySQL

With Microsoft removing BYOL support in Amazon AWS running in any other cloud platform (other than Azure) can be extremely costly due to Microsoft SQL licensing. Please Kentico break the MSSQL chains, there's no technical reason to be attached to it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Preview in New Tab

Preview mode shows the site in a smaller window. I generally like to open a new tab to see the rendered page. Editors with limited exposure to Kentico don't always know that they can do this.
    I thought it would be a good option to add the extra option to open a page in a new tab (via a rollover option that appears under the Preview button perhaps?).
    This accomplishes 2 things: It provides a full site view of a page, and secondly, it provides the full display of the url that can be copied. I would find it useful…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Way to do a single sign on to salesforce and other crm's

There is few documentation links for implementing SSO within kentico instances but what is we want have SSO between different domains .
    eg : kentico and salesforce,com

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community & Intranet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implementation of Swagger UI in REST API to approach the need for documentation and easier integration

I would love to see swagger being implemented in the REST API, as it is a quick and effective way of documenting the REST API and make it easier to test the calls with less trial and error on the user side.

Its also enables clients to consume the rest api easier and integrate it with Visual Studio 2017 as it has a feature to add a "Rest API Client" which builds all the required models and classes for the calls and also builds a service to easily make the calls from any .net project.

Please look below at the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Digital Asset Management

Upload assets in bulk, assign them multiple metadata and then have them displayed quickly/easily through out the site using repeaters which specifically target the list of metadata.

Example:
    Upload a photo of a tree.

Meta data on characteristics of image: Tree, Apple, In Bloom, Backyard, Sunset Tree

Meta data on photograph: rights managed, photographer, date, price, limitations.

Meta data on access/sites/access: Allowed on intranet, not allowed on external.

Just standard DAM functionality. Seems like a popular module. It would make managing images in the Media Library a whole lot easier to manage too.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Batch Page Operations

Add additional Batch Page Operations, such as:

1) One to Many copy - Designate a source page, and a list of places that it should be copied, all in one go.
    2) One to Many Linking - Same as above, but linking
    3) Multiple Page Field Editing - Select a batch of pages and edit a field or set of fields in all of those pages to be identical
    4) Find and Replace - Robust search feature that allows user to designate search domain by page types, fields, etc, then do a find and replace operation on text within those…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Form list view - add timestamp for latest submission

When you look at the list of your forms the only information you are given is the Form Name and the number of Entries. As our forms rarely have an expiration, I would also like to see a timestamp for the last submission to each form (the column labelled "Form inserted" in the Recorded data view). This means at a glance I would be able to tell which forms had recent activity and which ones haven't.

In our office, the person receiving emailed form data is not usually me, but I need to refer to the forms regularly to see…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Download option on Graduate and student recruitment .Is it possible to get this option ?

Download option on Graduate and student recruitment .Is it possible to get this option ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use current domain instead of main domain in admin interface for apps such as "My Pages"

When using a domain alias for the admin interface, if the user is in an app such as "My Pages" when clicking to edit or preview a page, the system uses the default domain. This results in the user being redirected and asked to login, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Be able to mass upload subscribers to a newsletter without having to put them in a contact group.

Be able to mass upload a list of subscribers to a newsletter without having to put them in a contact group. For example, if I collect email opt-ins at an event I simply want to add them to my newsletter recipients. The only way to do that today is through a contact group. Once they are in a contact group I am not able to see individual opt in/out status.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. email priority

Kentico adds to email from email marketing this properties:
    X-Priority: 5
    Priority: non-urgent
    Importance: low

But I can not influence it. Please, add settings for it.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Thumbnail view for attachment fields containing image variants

I would like to have a thumbnail view mode for attachment fields. We use this field type to store gallery images with concerned image versions. The customer likes to have a thumbnail view mode like it is available for folders containing multiple cms.file pages.

In the "attachment" field type, only a list view is possible. The image is shown only on hover.

In addition it would be nice to have an option to hide image variants because the content editors do not need this information.

Thx, Elmar

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Update Kentico's Obsolete GeoLocation Integration to Support GeoLite2

Kentico currently uses MaxMind's legacy GeoLite City for their free implementation for geolocation. Kentico also currently supports GeoIP Organization as a paid form of geolocation for more accurate results. Both of these are no longer supported by MaxMind and are no longer being updated. On January 2, 2019, these will be removed from their site entirely. Kentico should consider updating their integration to MaxMind's newer GeoLite2 and GeoIP2 otherwise all of their users will have no way to update their geolocation database. Over time, these databases will become less and less accurate until the built in geolocation in Kentico is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base