Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When syncing pages, the staging module should also sync any previous changes made to that page that is still in the staging queue

When working with multiple editors the staging queue can often become a mess. One source of this is when editors selectively push their latest changes to a page, but miss early staged changes to the same object in the queue. This either results in the staging queue filling up with orphaned tasks, or users overwriting each others changes as the older items get pushed after the newer changes due to the manual syncing of items in the queue.

I believe the default behavior for the staging queue when push changes should be to automatically push any queued changes that were…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow SCSS in the MVC Model

We should be able to use SCSS in any kentico build, regardless if its MVC or portal engine. Using SCSS to not only organizes your css better but can also speed up wesbite development.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MVC Page Builder Widgets - Wrap widget names to a newline

Currently widget names are cut off eg "Long widget na...".

Kentico should update the style so that a widget name can be read in full, by wrapping the names onto further lines.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Copy Widget functionality in MVC

I would love to be able to copy and paste widgets in MVC just like we're able to in the Portal Engine model

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. mvc template content

MVC page template issue, when change template even the zone area we named same in the MVC the page content will not carry over

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automatically set all admin pages to 'nofollow' so search engines do not crawl.

Automatically set all admin pages to 'nofollow' so search engines do not crawl.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. navigation

Redirecting Navigation:
    When choosing the "URL redirection" option under Properties -> Navigation, it would be nice if the code was smart enough to recognize if the redirection is navigating to a page on the existing site or to an external domain, and then build a href accordingly. Ideally, if my page was on abc.com/test and I wanted to redirect to xyz.com/test1, I would like my link to reflect xyz.com/test1. There isn't a good reason in my mind that the link should reflect abc.com/test. In addition, we should have the option to open this redirected link in a new window.
    To…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After changing site selector do not allow content changes - modal window?

When you switch the site selector, the change APPEARS to have taken place (site dropdown displays the ‘new’ site), but if you watch the status bar, you can see that the request is still waiting for a response. Some of our users don’t realize this, and if they’re really quick with whatever they’re doing, they might be changing settings on the original site. Then, all of a sudden, the page switches with the correct site now showing, and them wonder the heck just happened. We're running into this more and more as users are becoming more familiar with making changes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow unpublished page versions to be synchronized

Currently, only published page versions (i.e. a major version, such as v1.0, v2.0, etc.) can be synchronized to a target server. When the current working version is a minor version (such as v0.7 or v1.3) and the content is synchronized, only the last major version is synchronized, which means that no changes made since the content was last published will be synchronized. If the content has not yet reached v1.0, the original version (v0.1) is published. Also, setting a Publish From date to some point in the future and clicking the Publish button does not promote the content to a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enhance Google Recaptcha v2 language option

Currently the code force to use 2 iso language code to form the Google Recaptcha API instead of referring to https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/language for actual code. I could not change it due to the fact that I did not purchase a source code license. Need the flexibility to bypass that hardcoded incorrect method.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Share preview link without context of editor

When an editor shares a preview link, the user receiving that link will be signed in as the editor sharing the link.

This is not desired because navigating to for instance profile pages would share personal details.

An easy fix would be adding a "preview-user", which could be selected in the settings.

Since K12 it is not possible anymore to simply remove the user from the preview url.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Translate Widgets in MVC

According to documentation "Note: Text added and displayed on MVC pages through page builder widgets is not processed by translation services." This will become an issue for a majority of our clients that prefer the widget approach to the CMS administration.

Kentico should seriously consider adding this feature if they want current and potential clients to embrace your MVC solution. We will not be able to recommend Kentico MVC for clients that require integration with translation services until this addressed.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow using Kentico 12 in a mixed MVC and Portal Engine site

Kentico is now moving forward in technology with the new MVC model which is highly appreciated. They also encourage everyone to migrate to the new model announcing an end of support for Portal engine with 2022.

What is stopping us and many customer projects at the moment is:

1.) You cannot create a mixed MVC AND Portal Engine site currently. You also cannot migrate an existing Portal Engine site of a customer to MVC or mixed.

2.) A lot of features which are widely used are not yet available for MVC sites (Existing webparts, widgets, many/all of the social features…

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Set hotkey to open live site instead of 2 clicks as now

Add a hotkey such as Ctrl+F1, Ctrl+F2 to open live site mode instead of click "Application list" -> Live site

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an option to have MVC widget property dialogs open automatically when placing on page

When placing a MVC widget into a section, and the widget has a properties dialog with required fields, it would be sensible to open the widget configuration dialog automatically.

Currently, it does not open and a content editor will see incomplete results on the page, or could save the page without adding these properties in. If the widget has properties, especially required properties, open the widget dialog by default. Or, add a WidgetController property/setting to designate whether this behavior should occur.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ACL - Grant access by role

Currently I can't grant access to a page for users in one specific role using ACL settings.
    I was told to use a "deny" role instead - which is not a solution for me.

It would be great if it is possible to grant read access to a page for users in one specific role. This is not possible at the moment.

Current behaviour example:
    If I set "Requires Authentication", any user who is logged in gets access, regardless of the user's roles.
    If I do not set "Requires Authentication", even anonymous users can read it.
    If I use the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow all country versions to be updated at once

For instance, be able to change a picture or page title across all country versions at once, rather than having to do it manually on each country version

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add support for Webp

Firefox now also supports webp images. Edge will also when it starts to use the Chrome engine. It will only be a matter of time before all browsers support webp images

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable moving UI elements in custom module

Currently only up/down function on same level is enabled. Enable moving event to parent/sub levels.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base