Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MVC Widgets & Sections - Visibility conditions

The ability to set certain widgets or sections in a page-builder page to have dynamic visibility conditions would greatly help both content editors and marketing.

For example - only show a newsletter signup to people that have not already signed up

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide more Out of box Form Components

Kentico MVC, even with SP, is missing many basic form components.

This is what i would love to have:

1. Double/decimal Form Component (yes, there is no way to have a textbox that converts to a double/decimal)

2. WYSIWYG Froala Rich Text

3. URL Selector (Single component to either Manually entered URL, Select a page, or select a Media File)

People can comment others that are missing and need to be done, #1 is easy to build (just should be built in), #2 and #3 are integrations with the CMS itself and really should be provided.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for Phone Texting as part of the On-line Marketing tools.

We have found that open rates on texts are much higher than with emails. Allow the capability for Kentico to send text messages to customers automatically as part of the workflows.

For example, if a customer gets a certain lead score and we have a phone number for them, the system could automatically text them a message.

Or, if a potential customer fills out a form, they can get a confirmation of his or her form submission via a text message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Form Component to add text/headlines/section headers to a form

Add a Form Component that is text. This would allow editors to add text explanations, section headers, etc. within the form.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community & Intranet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow ContinuousIntegration to leverage a connection string other than the one specified in web dot config

Today you cannot leverage any other mechanism to specify the connection string other than web.config file. This means a Kentico development server hosted in the cloud must contain the database username and password in the web dot config file. You cannot define these credentials in Azures infrastructure layer (these are exposed to the environment as environmental variables).

By enhancing Kentico Continuous Integration to read from the environment variable and/or command line argument, developers would gain the ability to put host the development environment in Azure WebApps without hardcoding the web.config file or adjusting it during the build/deploy phase.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SaaS & Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow ContinuousIntegration to leverage a connection string other than the one specified in web.config

Today you cannot leverage any other mechanism to specify the connection string other than web.config file. This means a Kentico development server hosted in the cloud must contain the database username and password in the web.config file. You cannot define these credentials in Azures infrastructure layer (these are exposed to the environment as environmental variables).

By enhancing Kentico Continuous Integration to read from the environment variable and/or command line argument, developers would gain the ability to put host the development environment in Azure WebApps without hardcoding the web.config file or adjusting it during the build/deploy phase.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SaaS & Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Configure web forms so that pressing 'Enter' on any input field doesn't submit the form.

Configure web forms so that pressing 'Enter' on any input field doesn't submit the form. Submit action should only be done on the submit button.

Additionally, the page refreshes to show errors. Can the form detect unfill required fields without submitting?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it easier to restrict the number of instances of a page type can occur under another page type

I'm not sure if this would be best implemented under scopes or not. Currently copes are based on path but in my world pages define paths and pages are not defined by development. This makes it impossible to know the paths. Instead I'd like to be able to say if there is already a instance of a page type A under Page Type B do not allow another one. I'd like to see this feature where it doesn't require to list every page type you want except the one you do not want. It should be an exclude instead of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Breast Augmentation Surgery Center Philippines

Address
    Suite 111, 57 Paseo de Roxas, Makati, 1226 Metro Manila, Philippines
    Phone
    +63 2 8819 0430
    https://breastsurgery.ph
    Category
    Medical
    Description
    At the Breast Augmentation Surgery Center Philippines, we expertly provide the best: breast augmentation, breast enlargement, breast enhancement, breast implant surgery, breast reduction, breast lift (mastopexy), breast implant removal and boob jobs in the Philippines. Get the best breast augmentation surgeon or doctor and let us create those perfect natural breasts, we’ve done it thousands of times, at the best breast augmentation cost Philippines. We guaranty your breast augmentation surgery to be the safest, best and most…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option for Scheduled Tasks to Run at Next Available Time

Add support for scheduled tasks to run at the next available time if it misses it's schedule.

We had a clock skip on 2 of our server environments simultaneously when a scheduled task was supposed to run. We'd like to have an option for Kentico to run the task at the next available time if it did not start when scheduled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Kentico CMS Dark Theme

I would like to use a dark theme for editing in the CMS itself.

Currently the administration interface is very bright and hurts my eyes.

Would be cool to have a toggle between standard and dark theme.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When syncing pages, the staging module should also sync any previous changes made to that page that is still in the staging queue

When working with multiple editors the staging queue can often become a mess. One source of this is when editors selectively push their latest changes to a page, but miss early staged changes to the same object in the queue. This either results in the staging queue filling up with orphaned tasks, or users overwriting each others changes as the older items get pushed after the newer changes due to the manual syncing of items in the queue.

I believe the default behavior for the staging queue when push changes should be to automatically push any queued changes that were…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Man with Van Acton Ealing

Business Address:
    102 Larden Road

London

Grater London

W3 7SX

Business Phone:
    020 8124 0467

http://www.foxremovalservices.co.uk/man-and-van-hire_acton-ealing-w3.html

Description:
    In need of a cost-effective Man with Van service for your property located at 102 Larden Road, London, W3 7SX? Go for our Man with Van company in Acton Ealing London W3 7SX and we will handle your cleaning chores. http://www.foxremovalservices.co.uk/man-with-van_acton-ealing-w3.html

Keywords:
    moving supplies, home removals agency, home storage service, house removal firms

Hours

Every Day: 8am – 8pm

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show name of template you are manipulating

From the Pages app, if you choose a page, click the General(?) dropdown between Form and Analytics, and go to Template.

From here, you can click Edit Template Properties. I use this section often to edit html on the fly after it's already been set up as a template.

This "Edit page template" page has the name of the site I am editing in General, but it doesn't in Layout (which is where I do most of my work here), so I often find myself having to save changes (before I want to) and go back to General or out…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow SCSS in the MVC Model

We should be able to use SCSS in any kentico build, regardless if its MVC or portal engine. Using SCSS to not only organizes your css better but can also speed up wesbite development.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show server name on System application tile on Dashboard

In a load balanced environment, it would be nice to display the machine name within the System application tile while on the dashboard. When deploying JavaScript files, I need to ensure my browser did not cache the traffic going to one server. This is a quick way to know which server I'm deploying to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. MVC Page Builder Widgets - Wrap widget names to a newline

Currently widget names are cut off eg "Long widget na...".

Kentico should update the style so that a widget name can be read in full, by wrapping the names onto further lines.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow ES2015 modules in MVC PageBuilder inline editor scripts

ES2015 modules are the future of JavaScript dependency management, whether used directly client side or to create bundles on the server side.

It's frankly ridiculous that if I have an "import" statement in a script registering an inline editor for use in PageBuilder widgets, that import statement is not detected; either directly via a quick check of the scripts content (hint: its always the first word if its there at all) or via the commonly used file extension ".mjs".

All that needs to happen to enable this feature is for the page builder to detect the use of this feature…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base