Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. crewat

Max file size for file-upload control

Add a max file size property to the file-upload control (there is already an option to specify the maximum width and length in pixels). Right now, this can only be done by either setting it in the webconfig or by creating a custom form control.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stronger Culture Indicator on the CMS desk

We have a number of clients that have multiple cultures setup for their site. A common mistake made by content editors is that they make changes in the wrong culture.

Could a stronger indicator of the currently selected culture be more apparent?

Cheers,
    Ervan

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

3. Price by Object Reference

Having worked with the E-Commerce module for a couple of sites that required variations in pricing I would like to make a suggestion for a Price by Object Reference functionality. Basically you define which object reference you need such as CountryID or RoleID or even 'CustomClass.ObjectID'.

This would allow a single table with SKUID, ObjectClassID, ObjectID, SKUPrice, SKURetailPrice, SiteID

Just as a note, a default price by ObjectClassID could be specified by ObjectID as null and a Default price by SKU cpuld be specified by ObjectClassID and ObjectID both being null.

Maybe even add some ValidFrom / ValidTo fields such…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post. By the way, you can reach similar functionality by using Catalog discounts or by adding multiple custom price fields to your product properties.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Petr Vozak
    E-commerce Product Owner

4. Ability to Rename /Admin folder on production

We would like the ability to rename the /admin folder so that it is not such a big security risk on production. That is the #1 issue our client IT security teams bring up and we often have to find custom security fixes to lock down the tools on production. Renaming to a cryptic name will help.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

5. Support of DKIM and DMARC protocols

It would be great if Kentico supported DKIM and DMARC email authentication protocols to prevent forged sender addresses in emails used in phishing and email spam.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Web Part Inheritance

It would be nice if web parts could use inheritance as page types could do.
    I have some field which are always used in every web part. Currently I am forced to update every web part if one of these "base" fields changed or new "base" fields are added.
    It would be very helpfull if a web part would inherit web part fields from a shared base web part.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 10 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

7. Two Factor - Yubikey Support

I would like to see support for two factor authentication using Yubico YubiKey :)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reference new TreeNode in DocumentEvents.Copy.After

The DocumentEvents.Copy.After event contains DocumentEventArgs.Node, which is the TreeNode that is being copied, but there is no reference to the Node that has been created. Since this is the .After event, would it be possible to get a reference to the new Node?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make 'Unpublishing' pages a simpler process

At the moment it is not clear on how to 'unpublish' a page. It is supposed to work by creating a future publish date but I have found that, if I have already made the page live, changing to a future date doesn't work as the page will still load. The only solution that I found to work is make the publish to date one in the past. Even then you still have to go and exclude from searchs, etc.
    Hopefully you can find an easier process for users.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

10. Add macro expressions to custom queries

While developing sites we moved all of our queries to one page type to have them stored centralized.
    Unfortunately it is not possible use macros here.

It would be great if you can add macro support to custom queries for a more flexible use of them.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove unused media

It is always big issue when content managers load media to system and than it gets outdated, so it is needed to be removed.

It would be good if there will be functionality to find all unused media so it can be removed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dmitry,

currently we do not have such funtionality on our roadmap, I can see its benefits (just like related idea: http://ideas.kentico.com/forums/239189-kentico-product-ideas/suggestions/1248995-provide-where-used-and-link-checking-functionali), however since there are other priorities and this idea did not get votes in last three months, I am closing is.

David Komarek
    Content Management Product Owner

12. Web part visibility indicator

When in Design mode, it would be nice if web parts would provide some indicator that their visibility is turned off.

During development, it is not uncommon to have web parts turned off- there currently isn't any way to quickly see this, however (other than opening the config dialogs).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

13. Add scheduling to staging task groups

I love the new staging task groups in version 9! What would make this even better would be the ability to schedule the tasks groups to run at a future date and time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 10 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

14. Handle scheduled content publishing in an override-able method

For pages under workflow, scheduled publishing is handled by a scheduled task which calls a virtual method, meaning customers can implement custom code when these pages are published.

For pages NOT under workflow, scheduled publishing is handled "on-the-fly" by PageInfoProvider in a way that is not accessible to customers. This means that we need to write our own scheduled task to implement custom functionality for non-workflow pages, AND override a method for pages WITH workflow.

It would be beneficial if scheduled publishing were handled by a single scheduled task, or at least via the same virtual method.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

15. Consolidate location for all custom code (except App_Code)

We would like the ability to consolidate all of our custom controls, modules, etc in a single root folder to make deployments and upgrades easier to manage. There are many areas of the site that mandate that we put files under a specific root directory (e.g. /CMSWebParts).

We would like to propose letting developers define a single custom root folder (optionally) and then using the same relative paths to organize files).

Example:

We define ~/_custom as our root folder.

We could then put our custom files into:

~/_custom/CMSWebparts
    ~/_custom/CMSFormControls
    Etc.

This would help us create several deployment profiles that we…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Printing in reports

Make text on the reports wrap in the print style sheet to allow larger tables of data fit on a page when printed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Icon styles on editor conflict with live

The generic class names for icons ('icon-') in the CMS Editor can conflict with common icon libraries.

Is it possible to have a Kentico specific icon class (like 'kicon-') in CMS Editor (i.e. Pages) to make sure that the styles on the live site do not conflict with the styles on the editor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export Pages from one kentio

Export Pages from one Kentico Site to another (dev to staging). This feature should be a standard feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a section on the Ideas home page that lists the newest items submitted without having to click the filter?

This is more for the home page of the ideas site. I think that many options may never get votes because the site defaults to Hot ideas. If there was an additional callout to the latest 5 or 10 new ideas (with a view all newest link), that would spur people to use the filter and view the recent items. I only mention this because I forget to look at the newest items when I come back to the site.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community & Intranet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. body class

Need way to add custom class names to body tag.

Customizing via CMSContext.CurrentBodyClass isn't sufficient -- it's clumsy and subject to deprecation.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base