Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Two Factor - Yubikey Support

I would like to see support for two factor authentication using Yubico YubiKey :)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reference new TreeNode in DocumentEvents.Copy.After

The DocumentEvents.Copy.After event contains DocumentEventArgs.Node, which is the TreeNode that is being copied, but there is no reference to the Node that has been created. Since this is the .After event, would it be possible to get a reference to the new Node?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make 'Unpublishing' pages a simpler process

At the moment it is not clear on how to 'unpublish' a page. It is supposed to work by creating a future publish date but I have found that, if I have already made the page live, changing to a future date doesn't work as the page will still load. The only solution that I found to work is make the publish to date one in the past. Even then you still have to go and exclude from searchs, etc.
    Hopefully you can find an easier process for users.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

4. Add macro expressions to custom queries

While developing sites we moved all of our queries to one page type to have them stored centralized.
    Unfortunately it is not possible use macros here.

It would be great if you can add macro support to custom queries for a more flexible use of them.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove unused media

It is always big issue when content managers load media to system and than it gets outdated, so it is needed to be removed.

It would be good if there will be functionality to find all unused media so it can be removed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Dmitry,

currently we do not have such funtionality on our roadmap, I can see its benefits (just like related idea: http://ideas.kentico.com/forums/239189-kentico-product-ideas/suggestions/1248995-provide-where-used-and-link-checking-functionali), however since there are other priorities and this idea did not get votes in last three months, I am closing is.

David Komarek
    Content Management Product Owner

6. Web part visibility indicator

When in Design mode, it would be nice if web parts would provide some indicator that their visibility is turned off.

During development, it is not uncommon to have web parts turned off- there currently isn't any way to quickly see this, however (other than opening the config dialogs).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

7. Add scheduling to staging task groups

I love the new staging task groups in version 9! What would make this even better would be the ability to schedule the tasks groups to run at a future date and time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 10 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

8. Handle scheduled content publishing in an override-able method

For pages under workflow, scheduled publishing is handled by a scheduled task which calls a virtual method, meaning customers can implement custom code when these pages are published.

For pages NOT under workflow, scheduled publishing is handled "on-the-fly" by PageInfoProvider in a way that is not accessible to customers. This means that we need to write our own scheduled task to implement custom functionality for non-workflow pages, AND override a method for pages WITH workflow.

It would be beneficial if scheduled publishing were handled by a single scheduled task, or at least via the same virtual method.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 10 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

9. Consolidate location for all custom code (except App_Code)

We would like the ability to consolidate all of our custom controls, modules, etc in a single root folder to make deployments and upgrades easier to manage. There are many areas of the site that mandate that we put files under a specific root directory (e.g. /CMSWebParts).

We would like to propose letting developers define a single custom root folder (optionally) and then using the same relative paths to organize files).

Example:

We define ~/_custom as our root folder.

We could then put our custom files into:

~/_custom/CMSWebparts
    ~/_custom/CMSFormControls
    Etc.

This would help us create several deployment profiles that we…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Printing in reports

Make text on the reports wrap in the print style sheet to allow larger tables of data fit on a page when printed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Icon styles on editor conflict with live

The generic class names for icons ('icon-') in the CMS Editor can conflict with common icon libraries.

Is it possible to have a Kentico specific icon class (like 'kicon-') in CMS Editor (i.e. Pages) to make sure that the styles on the live site do not conflict with the styles on the editor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export Pages from one kentio

Export Pages from one Kentico Site to another (dev to staging). This feature should be a standard feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a section on the Ideas home page that lists the newest items submitted without having to click the filter?

This is more for the home page of the ideas site. I think that many options may never get votes because the site defaults to Hot ideas. If there was an additional callout to the latest 5 or 10 new ideas (with a view all newest link), that would spur people to use the filter and view the recent items. I only mention this because I forget to look at the newest items when I come back to the site.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community & Intranet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Needs an audio player widget and Widgets need different symbols

Would love to have an audio player widget or an easy way to put an mp3 embedded in to the site.

Also, would love to look at the page and instantly know what widget I'm looking at.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. smart search index rebuild scheduler

In some cases it can make sense to schedule regular smart search index rebuild. Instead of implementation of custom scheduled task it's worth to consider out-of-the-box feature which would ensure this.

Obviously rebuilding is wasteful and intensive operation for server resources and users would be warned about it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Disable CSS in template design tab

A site's CSS is applied in Pages > Design tab, which is fine and makes sense for editors. However, CSS should not be enabled in Page Templates > Design tab, as this view is meant for administrators who generally want to modify the configuration of web parts rather than the actual design of the template.

At the very least, there should be a checkbox or setting that allows the toggling of CSS on/off.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

17. Bring back the small business license

Please consider bring back the small business license. Most of the projects we do are for small businesses and the cost of Kentico is forcing us to look at open source CMS solutions.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello Steve,

you cas still purchase Small business license subscription. Please contact our sales department (sales@kentico.com).

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Martin Michalik

18. Select language button on the logon page

It would be great, if the Select language button on the logon page (http://prntscr.com/a5ak79) would change culture directly after selecting culture, rather than after logging into the UI.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SEO Page Optimization Score

It would be great if there is an On-Page Grader that measures how well a page is optimized for a keyword. The On-Page Grader will check 25+ SEO factors and will give automatically an Optimization Score (0-100%). In my opinion a must have for content marketers and an unique selling point for new customers.

Some factors we used to optimize pages:
    - Accessible to Search Engines
    - Sufficient Characters in Content
    - Only One Canonical URL
    - Exact Keyword Used in Document at Least Once
    - Broad Keyword Use in Page Title
    - Avoid Multiple Page Title Elements
    - Avoid…

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello all,

first of all, than you Frank for sharing your idea. I do believe that it would be a nice feature that could complement our other Online marketing features. However, I believe that currently there are areas in existing OM functionality that deserve higher priority and focus than SEO optmiziation.

Therefore, we’re not planning to implement this feature in the near future and I have to close this suggestion.

If you disagree with this decision or you want to discuss this idea any further, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

20. Mobile version of admin interface and documentation

It would be great to have a mobile version of the entire admin interface because currently it is not very user friendly to navigate it on mobile devices - you need to keep on zooming in and out to perform any action.

Additionally, there is a problem with a mobile version for Kentico documentation - the text does not seem to wrap correctly. Screenshot is attached.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 6 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management Product Owner

• Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base