Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add a link to a popup profile in the waiting for approval tab

I spend a good deal of time processing user registrations to assign the correct site roles and enter customer numbers in user profiles. It would halve the amount of time spent doing this if there was a link to profiles in the Waiting for Approval listings. As it is I just have to keep switching between tabs when a simple link would be more intuitive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Dominik Pinter responded

This idea is here from 2011 and it has only one supporter. I’m closing it.

2. Move dialog box should remember last selection

The Move dialog box should remember the last selected page from the previous Move operation, for cases where lots of moves need to happen on multiple files.

We suggested this for the Image selection dialog and it was added in Kentico 5.0. But this should really be a mechanic for all the Document selector dialogs, not just Image document selection.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management Product Owner

3. Don't require renaming resource files for setting default UICulture

Currently we are required to create an appSetting CMSDefaultUICulture and rename resource files to change the default UI culture.

It would be better if the appSetting would be the only change needed. It could be used to set the UICulture of the thread, similar to how it's already used to set the CMSDefaultUICulture cookie.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m closing this idea because it’s here for 5 years and it has only one supporter.

4. View webpart properties without checking out the template

When using versioning and checkout/checkin for templates I have to checkout a template not only yo modify webparts on the template but also to view the properties of a webpart.
    I often need to just view the properties of webparts and this is not possible if another developer has the template checkedout.

I'd like to be able to open the properties window of a webpart in read-only mode when the template is not checkedout by me.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

5. Add a workflow step/task that can promote the update when approved if a staging server exists

Add a workflow step/task that can promote the update when approved if a staging server exists would allow for greater flexibility even for clients which do want to make final changes and publish pages on live. Current behaviour that creates staging task on publish is simply not flexible enough.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

6. Bulk Data Upload for Widgets!

Make it possible to bulk upload data for widgets. A single agenda item takes hours to complete.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Newsletter - flexible templates using drag and drop

As a user I would like to be able to order editable regions within a template and even change the usage of an editable region to an alternative use much like in campaign monitor. Also voted for the ability to inline style. It would also be nice to have an email client checker built in.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Track activity 'Page visit' based on page setting

Page visit activity logging can be very demanding on HW resources. Usually we don't need to track every page on the site, but we want to log the activity only on few of them. It would be great if we could enable page visit tracking on a page-level granularity.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello,

You’re able to turn-off tracking of all activities in page settings.

Currently, we’re not planning adding more granularity for this setting.

Kind regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

9. First/oldest merge contact option

When contacts are going to merge there is a setting(When a visitor has more contacts, use) to tell which one should be picked as a master contact. We are missing an option for First created = oldest contact. It would be the best options for us.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

10. When creating a widget based on a web part add button to enable all properties

We work only with widgets. So we need to create a lot of widgets based on web parts. It would be nice if during the process of creating a widget there should be an option "enable all properties". Currently all properties are disabled/not visible and for complex web parts this makes a lot of clicking to enable them all.

Thanks

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management Product Owner

11. Reporting - repeater report type

Type of report where could apply some template/transformation to items in dataset. This would allow to create html styled reports with links, etc.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This idea is there for more like two years and has zero votes so I’m closing it.

12. Automatic saving

Create support for automatic saving report in specified time interval. Like every month, etc.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 45 46 47 49 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base