Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Community & Intranet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Michal Kadak
    Platform Product Owner

2. Contact custom fields

I created some custom fields for the contact system table, grouping them into categories.
    Such categories are not shown in the tab On-line marketing of the Form. It would be much easier to read such fields by separating them into panels.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

Martin Michalik
    Online Marketing Product Owner

3. Support a hierarchical file structure in the DocumentLibrary web-part

As the number of documents existing in, say, a "workgroup" could become large, it should be possible to organize the files in a way identical to what Windows does in the Explorer.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Community & Intranet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, document library was removed from Kentico CMS, on behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management…

4. Integrate SEO Advice directly into the backend

Integrate the feature yourself or add an " SEO-Advice-AddOn" for Kentico by a 3rd-Party-Company.

Example: "SiteAttention" which exists for some time already for "EPIServer": http://www.siteattention.com/episerver/premium/

This would be really amazing ;-)

A "must-have" would be integration of Data/Advice returned by free Google Wegmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools.

Besides this, state-of-the-art external tools include:
    "seomoz" , "ravenTools" , "hubspot" , " semrush" , "majestic SEO".

Problem is budget, the tool should be not too expensive.
    Good (currently german-language-only) feature-price-offer has xovi.de.

There is (new) free edition of "sistrix smart" (german only, too), and
    other international affordable offers include http://www.lipperhey.com/en/ or …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management Product Owner

5. Add the ability to set a label for the state

Make is so that the control also adds a label (or caption) to the state/province drop-down so they know what should be there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Ralph,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. Last year we changed the way we want to use Kentico UserVoice
    http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up. Therefore, we started ideas refresh and clean up allowing us to utilize this channel like it should have been all along.

The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

The recommended way to achieve this is to create a custom form control that allows you to change labels based on your needs, see https://docs.kentico.com/k10/custom-development/developing-form-controls/example-developing-custom-form-controls. Feel free to use our default country & state selector as a source of inspiration.

Anyway, we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,
    Petr Vozak

6. Improved toggling of CSS classes (styles) using CKEditor

When you toggle a specific CSS class on say, an img tag, all other classes on that element are removed.

Let's say you have these lines in your styles.js:

{ name: 'Right-aligned', element: 'img', attributes: { 'class': 'right'} },
    { name: 'Show caption', element: 'img', attributes: { 'class': 'caption'} }

When I click on my newly inserted image in CKEditor and apply the "Right-aligned" style everything is fine. However, if I then try to apply the "Show caption" style as well my "Right-aligned" style is removed.

It would be nice to be able to toggle CSS classes (styles) independently of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Juraj Hrinik responded

This kind of behavior is completely CKEditor feature. Kentico CMS has nothing with CKEditor CSS styles behavior.

7. Custom fields for Contact entity

Let the developers extend the Contact entity with custom fields.
    Such fields should then be used in the On-line marketing tab of the forms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Anonymous responded

This functionality is available since v6. If you go to Site manager → Development → System tables → (edit Contact). Then you are able to add custom fields to Contact table as you request. These fields will be visible under newly appeared tab “Custom fields” under each edited Contact.

8. Workflow variables

Let the developers to define variables whose scope is the entire workflow.
    I need it to define the form that fired the OnlineMarketingAutomation process.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since the idea doesn’t fit our current product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

9. Allow developer to choose field/column to use as name

When a new document type (and possibly other objects such as page) is created from a drop-down that has been populated from a custom table, the name of the newly created object will automatically adopt the value of the drop-down instead of the text. This leads to objects with numbers as names instead of more user-friendly values.

The most common work around is to select the same column twice and give one of them an alias (ex: SELECT ColumnName AS ItemID, ColumnName FROM custom_table). This is a bit clunky.

It would be nice to have another drop-down below the "Document…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Dominik Pinter responded

I’m closing this idea, it doesn’t have enough support and we don’t plan to invest in WebDAV improvements in the next 2 years.

11. Javascript error logging

A web part, end point, and db table to do the following:

window.onerror = function(msg, url, lineNum) {
    /* send data via AJAX to a service for logging to database */
    }

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This idea has only one supporter and there are many great browser tools for working with javascript errors. I’m closing this idea.

12. Please make preview message bar to position absolute

Hi, I'm talking about yellow message bar, which show at the top of the page sometimes when you edit something in cmsdesk and at the same time view at the site. It says something like: This is a preview mode of document {DocName}. Close the preview mode.

I know it only shows for authorized users, but during development it bugging me when it push layout down. To avoid this behavior you can add following style to it (I assume that this bar have id="m"):
    #m {
    position:absolute;
    top:0;
    left:0;
    z-index:500; /* you may want to show it on top of…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The idea is there for more like 1,5 year and has zero supporters so Iˇm closing it.

13. Multilang newsletter

It should by nice to have multilingual newsletters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

Martin Michalik

14. Allow us to quickly choose which fields are displayed in widget edit form.

This could be done by adding a step in the form where the widget is created after choosing which Web Part to base it off of. A simple Check box list would suffice.

The reason this feature would be an improvement is that sometimes (especially when you're on a slow connection) it takes a while to set several fields to display in the widget edit form. Each field takes a few steps and a few ajax postbacks just to set that property. This is basically wasted time and it can be very frustrating if my connection is very slow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

15. highlight required fields based on field definition

When a field is built to not allow nulls, add the ability to define how the field or label would be displayed to show that it is required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m closing this idea because it’s on uservoice for almost 4 years and doesn’t have any supporters (except for the author).

16. Ability to restrict what file types/media types can be selected in the media selection control

Today it is possible to restrict available media types in the dialog based on SelectableContentEnum: OnlyImages, OnlyFlash, OnlyMedia, AllContent and AllFiles. I would like to add OnlyVideo to this list. Also, it would be useful to be able to filter based on file type, for example .mp4

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komárek

17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Jaroslav Kordula responded

The forms or online forms (previously known as BizForms) are used to gather data from live site users. The main goal of the staging module is to synchronize the content and objects from dev or test environment to production. This is same as for the messagte board messages etc. We don’t plan to implement this feature in near future.

18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m closing this idea, it’s here for almost 4 years and has only three votes.

19. integrate Jquery Mobile in a web part to display tree content in mobile devices

integrate Jquery Mobile in a web part to display tree content in mobile devices

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m closing this idea since it’s here from 2011 and has only one vote.

20. make the media library web part selector tree hide once a gallery has been selected, with a back opt

Currently while browsing a gallery, screen real estate is wasted displaying the tree, which can be quite large. A selectable options would either minimise the tree to a '+' or removed it with a back button to return once the gallery has been browsed an another can be selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  Juraj Hrinik responded

This can be managed with visibility setting for media gallery folder tree web part combined with media gallery file list.

• Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base