Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mass delete users

Hello

It would be nice to have a mass delete users functionality. At the moment we have to do this one at a time.

Having this functionality would save lots of time.

Thanks

Ilesh Mistry

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Decimal instead of Double for all financial calculations

Kentico ecommerce unfortunately suffers from rounding errors at times. The reason for this is because the Double type has been used rather than Decimal.

All financial calculations (e.g. calculating the total basket cost) should be done using the Decimal type - it's what it was created for because Double's simply don't offer enough precision.

See these links:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/364x0z75.aspx
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1165761/decimal-vs-double-which-one-should-i-use-and-when

Please stop using Double, and starting use Decimal instead.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Newsletter Role user tracking.

Please add the ability to track opened email status and clicked links for each individual user in a Role that has been used as Newsletter subscriber. The tracking functionality should behave similarly to how tracking of subscriber contacts in Contact Groups currently works.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Released  ·  Martin Michalik responded

Hello,

Tracking of opens and clicks was addressed in version 9. Therefore I am closing this issue.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
    Martin Michalik

4. Allow CMSPortalManager scripts to be suppressed for ASPX templates

In version 8, CMSPageManager has been removed. We used this in version 7 and earlier for our ASPX template pages when in live mode to prevent the volume of javascript and markup that CMSPortalManager emits from rendering to the page.

Since CMSPortalManager is now the only option I'd like to see an opt-in setting at the page or template level that for live mode of ASPX templates suppresses the script and markup it emits.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have. That’s going to change – http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up
    It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 12 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.
    But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komárek
    Content Management Product Owner

5. "Buy X, get Y" and "Buy 1, get 1" discounts

In Kentico 8 we are comming with new rule-based discounts: http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/sell-more-with-highly-flexible-discounts-and-promotions, however Buy X, get Y discounts were not delivered as a part of this improvement.

In other words, the following scenarios are still not supported:
    Buy product X, get product Y
    Buy 3 units of product X, get 1 unit of product Y
    Buy 2 units of product X, get 1 unit of product X
    Buy any of (A, B, C), get D
    Buy any 4 products from category X, get the cheapest for free
    etc.

What scenarios regarding the buy x, get y are the most important…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add .svg files to app_themes folder

Allow upload of .svg file to the app_themes folder. This will be very practical with the push toward mobile and use of .svg icons/images related to the CSS all in one folder.

196 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. document aliases with query strings

It would be great if we could map urls with just different query strings to different documents like:

/page.php?id=1 -> /Home.aspx
    /page.php?id=2 -> /News.aspx

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. E-mail engine logging

Log complete exception message into Event log when email sending fails. While it is possible to send testing emails from CMS Site Manager -> Administration -> System -> E-mails and see the whole message there, it would help to be able to troubleshoot E-mails sent by Kentico Modules #466276

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. One field's value as a part of another field

When you select one value in first dropdown list, it changes values in second dropdown list (for instance the SQL query contains a macro value from first dropdown like SELECT col1, col2 FROM table WHERE col3 = {%field1.Value%})

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Released  ·  6 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. improved picture management

upload in original size with full metadata. store select metadata in db for display + search. automatically move orginal sized image to special storage share. resize picture to two prediefined sizes (e.g. hd 1920x1080 + vga 640x480) in set quality (e.g. 70%), remove metadata, add selected metadata (e.g. copyright) and store resized pictures in db. use the appropriate one depending on picture and/or browser window size whenever the picture is used on the website. allow tagging and management of thousands of pictures.

397 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am glad to announce that improved support for Responsive images management is part of Kentico 10!

You can get Kentico 10 from http://www.kentico.com/download-demo

Our Dancing Goat demo site includes sample usage of variants and filters its Articles section.

You can find the full documentation for Responsive images management at: https://docs.kentico.com/k10/developing-websites/managing-responsive-images

David Komarek
    Product Owner

11. As an admin, let me see a users recent history

We have to fix users mistakes, i'd like to see the last (as many as needed) steps they did.

199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a setting to disable preview mode globally

Currently, when you're logged in as an admin and visit your Kentico site (just as a non-authenticated user would), you are shown by default Preview Mode, which shows unpublished items as if they were published. There are a number of ways to get out of this mode and see the site as a typical user would (go into CMS Desk and click "Live Site", click "close" on the grey bar on top of the screen, edit your cookies, etc). But none of these are permanent or able to be set up for an installation globally.
    I propose adding a new…

261 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello to all supporters!

I am glad to let you know that the following setting has been added:

Allow preview mode on the live site
    (https://docs.kentico.com/display/K10/Settings+-+Content+management)

Simply unchecking it for a website or globally on your development instance will let you bypass the preview mode.

On production environments, you can still keep it checked for your editors.

Thanks for all the comments and votes,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

13. Copy Document Type

Sometimes a document is CLOSE to what I want but not exactly what I need. I don't want to modify the existing document type or muddy the waters by adding irrelevant transformations and fields so I have to create a brand new document resembling the old one.

It would ne nice to copy the document and then be able to change whatever I need to at that point.

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Released  ·  Jaroslav Kordula responded

From version 7 you can clone most of the CMS objects. You can also inherit the document types.

14. Start API redesign with unit testing in mind

I am working on a Class Library project to support ASPX development. I need to be able to unit test the code I write. I also need to write integration tests that hit the database.

It seems impossible... I don't understand how you could have created 60 assemblies and manage to have dependencies all over the place, but you sure did.

Working with a database connection alone spans over 3 or 4 assemblies, with multiple hardcoded dependencies and 'providers' that are not providers (since you can't change them), and reinventions of classes that have been in the .NET BCL since…

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Released  ·  Dominik Pinter responded

Kentico 8 introduced a big change in this area so I’m closing this idea as completed. Please see more information in the comments.

15. Multiple viewengines

Allow multiple viewengines (like ASP.MVC) so it is possible to create pages for mobile browsers (iPhone etc).

175 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. switch to CKEditor 3

it has better performance compared to FCKEditor.

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow smart search to index IDs of tags instead only tag names

Allow smart search to index IDs of tags instead only tag names. Similar like it is with categories. Tag name cannot be used for filtering in case of multi-word tags.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Translation Tagging / Reporting

It would be good if:
    1) Pages could be marked "Please translate into [Language]". This would be handy in cases where only a subset of content is relevent for another language.

2) Need a report which lists ALL content for translation or which has changed in the origianl language (not just an overview of one level of nodes).

175 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. LINQ interface to the content tree, custom document types, custom tables, everything!

It's almost 2010, I think we are ready to move beyond simple untyped DataSets...

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Released  ·  5 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More control over culture specific URLs

We should be able to define site-wide culture specific URLs, like /en/xxx or /fr/xxx. These settings must then be automatically inherited on all child elements.

At the moment you can automatically create culture specific URL path, but these are not very nice and are not inherited.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base