Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customizable error message from Global Event Handler

At the moment, when we want to conditionally cancel user's action with the Global event handler, options for displaying the user a friendly message about what happened are limited.

To cancel the event you throw the exception inside handler:
    throw new Exception("message");

The message should display in the red error message label, which for example does not happen for updating documents because it is hardcoded to display resource string message, and happens only partially for deleting document, however works for example for deleting user objects.

Other option is to cancel the event through event arguments method:
    e.cancel()

But this does…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for the past 10 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

2. Cumulative tasks to finalize upgrades on first site run

In real world cases most of the times you'll be upgrading across multiple versions, and you also want to upgrade the codebase first using a temporary database and if possible upgrade the latest version of the database at the last possible moment (once everything has been tested with the temp database).

Currently this is cumbersome, you have to run the site in each codebase version. I understand why this is required, from https://docs.kentico.com/display/K82/Upgrading+to+Kentico+8.2#UpgradingtoKentico8.2-Stepsafterperformingtheupgrade in "Running the website - First request" it says “the system performs certain tasks required to finalize the upgrade”, but could these tasks become cumulative in future…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A tool to sync content and media.

An editor will add more than just words on a page. While media can be synced manually, having to write custom code so a schedule task will sync media seems like a job half done. When was the last time that an editor didn't need to add imagery.

I can understand having an upper size

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for the past 8 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

4. Provide default text for editable regions in newsletter templates

When you create a newsletter template you can define editable regions. It would be create if you could add default content in these regions. In this way you can add formatted text that users can change themselves. Also images could be placed in here and a user could edit it. In this way the image could be at te right place already.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

5. Add the ability to name your own Primary Key field

I've never understood what the purpose is behind not being able to rename the Primary Key field for custom tables and page types (formerly document types). At least from my knowledge of the Kentico API, I cannot see a reason why it would break any of its functionality.

From a development standpoint, properly naming PKs is up there in the top things you do to organize your database schema. How this was ever decided that all custom tables default to ItemID is beyond me. This is a common complaint from the developers on my staff as well as to other…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Downloadable SASS Module

It would be nice to have a downloadable SASS module which is using LibSass. Currently only a LESS module is available.
    SASS seems to be more popular than LESS.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

7. Tracking of personalization

I would like to be able track how various (personalization) variants and/or contacts with Personas assigned contribute to conversions. To understand if the personalization is set up correctly (meaning it leads to more conversions, etc.)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision for next version, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

8. page meta title inherit functionality should inherit values from the page not the parent

currently when a page's meta data "inherit" checkbox is checked it inherits values from the parent page. the inherit functionality should mean to inherit from a field of that page. i.e. inherit checked for the meta title should inherit the page title from that page and unchecked should use the entered value. never would you want the current functionality of inheriting the parent page's title (bad seo). at the very least "inherit" should not be checked by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 8 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

9. Ability to append a query sting parameter to page alias

For example:
    If someone navigates to foobar.com/marketing-alias they would be redirected to foobar.com/marketing-alias?s_int=tracking (or similar).

It is easier for marketing to manage these ‘special’ aliases at the page level vs URL Redirection Module (or similar).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

10. Custom Web Templates in Installer

With the ability to create custom web template, can the Kentico Installer be made to accept the templates generated from an export so that the template can be used when building a new Kentico instance rather than just on an additional site to an instance.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Changing filename in media library automatically updates filename in all pages

Right now, when you change an image filename in the media library, you also have to change the filename in any pages where that image is used. It would be nice if the latter was done automatically.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 10 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

12. Automatically select an A/B test winner

Allow automatic selection of A/B test winner for pages according to specified criteria. It would be great to have the winner selected automatically without a need to do it manually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. form

Add a form feature that shows everywhere the form is instantiated.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Javascript/html form conversion tracking options

Facebook, Google, and other vendors of conversion tracking systems increasingly use javascript actions to signify that a conversion has occurred after a form is submitted. Currently this requires editing the template for the form page or using a thank you page to include the javascript action. We've found that many client users create forms using the 'display text after submission' option instead. We would like this option to include the ability to fire custom javascript calls and/or to call custom in-place HTML for pixels and the like.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

15. crewat

Max file size for file-upload control

Add a max file size property to the file-upload control (there is already an option to specify the maximum width and length in pixels). Right now, this can only be done by either setting it in the webconfig or by creating a custom form control.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stronger Culture Indicator on the CMS desk

We have a number of clients that have multiple cultures setup for their site. A common mistake made by content editors is that they make changes in the wrong culture.

Could a stronger indicator of the currently selected culture be more apparent?

Cheers,
    Ervan

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

17. Price by Object Reference

Having worked with the E-Commerce module for a couple of sites that required variations in pricing I would like to make a suggestion for a Price by Object Reference functionality. Basically you define which object reference you need such as CountryID or RoleID or even 'CustomClass.ObjectID'.

This would allow a single table with SKUID, ObjectClassID, ObjectID, SKUPrice, SKURetailPrice, SiteID

Just as a note, a default price by ObjectClassID could be specified by ObjectID as null and a Default price by SKU cpuld be specified by ObjectClassID and ObjectID both being null.

Maybe even add some ValidFrom / ValidTo fields such…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community. A lot of exciting things have happened in Kentico in the past two years but we realize we haven’t kept on top of our UserVoice like we should have.

That’s going to change –http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/kentico-uservoice-clean-up

It’s time to clean up and kick-start the Kentico UserVoice to utilize it like it should have been all along. The idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post. By the way, you can reach similar functionality by using Catalog discounts or by adding multiple custom price fields to your product properties.

Regards,

Petr Vozak
    E-commerce Product Owner

18. Ability to Rename /Admin folder on production

We would like the ability to rename the /admin folder so that it is not such a big security risk on production. That is the #1 issue our client IT security teams bring up and we often have to find custom security fixes to lock down the tools on production. Renaming to a cryptic name will help.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

19. Support of DKIM and DMARC protocols

It would be great if Kentico supported DKIM and DMARC email authentication protocols to prevent forged sender addresses in emails used in phishing and email spam.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Web Part Inheritance

It would be nice if web parts could use inheritance as page types could do.
    I have some field which are always used in every web part. Currently I am forced to update every web part if one of these "base" fields changed or new "base" fields are added.
    It would be very helpfull if a web part would inherit web part fields from a shared base web part.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

• Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base