Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a persistent file upload control that does not lose the file on post back

We have forms that lose all uploaded files when:
    -Validation error occurs
    -There are fields whose visibility is dependent on a selected drop-down value.
    - We use a multi-step form

Please create a file upload control that does not erase the uploaded file on post back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

2. Update calendar control to customize the date display, year limit, like how we have in jquery.

In online form - calendar control object we can add customization in terms of date format, year range, etc like how we have customization feature in jQuery UI Calendar. this feature will be highly helpful rather than making updates to the core jQuery files.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

On behalf of the Kentico PM team, I want to say thank you for sharing your idea with us and the ever-growing Kentico community.

As this ideas has not been active for past months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

But we still need you! Continue sending your ideas to us, after all nobody knows what is needed more than the users.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

3. Officially support multiple page placeholders

While you unofficially support multiple page placeholders per an article written in 2010 (http://devnet.kentico.com/articles/using-multiple-page-placeholders-in-portal-engine). It would be nice that this method was officially support by kentico. There are instances where multiple page placeholders causes functionality to break (drag and drop widgets with editable text webparts), that I wish kentico would fully supported.

Given the simplification that multiple page placeholders all to complex designs, and that an unsupported prototype has been in kentico since version 5.5. I think it is time to fully support this feature.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

4. Allow staging of personas, scoring or contact groups

Allow synchronization of personas, scoring or contact groups. We would like to be able to define a persona, scoring or contact group in the dev environment and push them to a production site (where they would be recalculated using the production site's contacts).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

5. improve online form

- add condition to online form
    - grouping field in online form
    - add more form control
    - multi page form
    - preview page before submit

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Thank you very much for this idea.

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak
    E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

6. Reporting: possibility to select file type (PDF, Excel) for subscriptions

When I create a report in Kentico and I view the report I get the option to save it as a Excel/CSV, etc., but when I subscribe to the report I do not have an option to have the report attached to the e-mail as a Excel/CSV file instead of the data in the e-mail

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 3 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

7. Get contacts who reached a certain campaign stage

As a marketer I want to be able to export (or create a contact group) contacts who reached a certain stage (step in the funnel - see attached screenshot), so I can process them in my other marketing activities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  On-line Marketing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. API method to remove all relationships

Remove all relationships entries given
    - left node id and relationship name id
    - left node id only (will remove ALL relationships tied to this node id)

Currently the only way to do this programmatically is to loop through every single entry, or write a custom stored procedure. It would be nice if this was encapsulated behind the scenes and complements the existing RemoveRelationship method. For example:
    - RelationshipInfoProvider.RemoveRelationships(leftNodeId, relationshipNameId);
    RelationshipInfoProvider.RemoveRelationships(leftNodeId)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to remote install previusly not installed system modules

If you have Kentico instance without few system modules preinstalled is it impossible to install them remotly. Import/Export doesn't export whole module in that case. You need to download whole website and do it by Kentico Installator.

There should be feature allowing to remote install the previusly not installed system modules.
    I think that the KIM should making some packages to remote installing like Hotfix utility. (SQL script to update database and folder with file for updating system files)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 9 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

10. Add ObjectQuery / DocumentQuery to macros, K#

If the ObjectQuery / DocumentQuery were available in macros, we could:
    * use macro data source / repeater web part to display any data (no need for other special repeaters etc.)
    * be able to query any data also in REST (through macro endpoint)
    * write by-default secure queries for web parts without SQL injection (queries use SQL parameters)
    * use same fluent code to query data in C# and in web parts configuration
    * be able to write and validate query constructs through macro console (even for C#) without compilation
    * use JOINs and other constructs in queries to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 5 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

11. Access current search item as C# object in transformation

I'd like to access the current search item (page) in a transformation via C#.

Unfortunately the transformation methods and C# code don't mix well in a transformation. For example I cannot store values from a transformation logic in a variable. This leads to horribly complex lines of code in the transformation.

Also when I need custom logic I have to write a custom transformation method in an extra file. It takes over 1 minute to load a page each time I make even the smallest change in the custom transformation method.

Transformations are among the worst things to handle for…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Since there were no new supporters or comments on your idea in the past 5 months, and the idea doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

12. Copy page dialog search

Copy page dialog is not working well on site with large content.
    Same applies when creating a linked page.

The issue is that it takes a lot of clicks to navigate to the target page.

A simple solution which would improve this, is to add the "Show all levels" checkbox, just like you do on the Listings search tab.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 10 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

13. Track email bounces for emails sent through the Kentico API

We are sending emails through the Kentico API:

CMS.EmailEngine.EmailSender.SendEmail(EmailMessage message)

Which puts emails in the "Email Queue" application in Kentico.

I would like to track the bounces of these emails the same way you can for newsletter sent out through Kentico?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Resource Key Timestamping

When preparing a package which is to include new/updated resource key assets through to another site there is no way for the exporter to "automatically select objects modified after x date" which results in a case where all resource keys are automatically checkmarked instead of just the ones modified since x. This causes a significant amount of wasted time and/or the potential for user error when a decision is made to add them manually or find the specific ones to include when there are a lot of keys to do in various components or multiple developers involved in a project.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

15. Remove Document Metadata inheritance or allow to disable.

Currently Page metadata is set to inherit metadata by default. I would like this removed or at least the ability to disable this for SEO purposes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

16. Allow custom code / macro as source for the reporting

Current reporting is limited to display data from SQL, written as limited and sometimes overly complex to manage SQL query, mainly for pages.

I would like to be able to use custom code (e.g. in form of macro where I could provide custom macro method) to populate the report data so I can query DocumentQuery / external services and/or transform the data to a more report-friendly form, e.g. expand a set of numbers and dates to a linear timeline, or make some custom aggregations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak

17. Provide page builder like visual composer to beat wordpress for ever !

If you want to take most market share with kentico, you must provide simple ways to edit and create themes. Why wordpress grow more and more?? because everyday, you can see developer create a plugin to let people like me that don't know anything about webdesign, to create page and edit theme for my needs. Kentico is fantastic, without a doubt. but still not as easy as wordpress. Just like a drupal that very powerful than wordpress, but because of very bad user friendly, people still want to use wordpress. I love kentico but I can't use it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

18. Use Mailed-by and via property in email header for bounces

When using bounced email monitoring the from email need to be the email at which bounces are sent to.

Could the mailed-by and via property in the email header be used instead.

So that all our clients could share a mail server for email campaigns

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sort blog months chronologically

In the content tree, blog months are currently sorted alphabetically. Sorting blog months chronologically would make it easier to find posts, particularly when you have multiple years of them.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

As this ideas has not been active for the past 7 months and it doesn’t fit our product vision, I’ve had to make the tough decision to close this post.

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

20. Follow links on preview page

Clicking the "Show Preview" link (Pages >Properties > General), allows you to preview a page, but clicking links on that page displays an access denied error. Create something like a "site preview" that allows you to preview a page and click the links on that page to insure they are valid.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

David Komarek
    Product Owner

• Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base