Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve predictive smart search performance

Improve predictive smart search webpart to use a webservice http GET call instead of POST, the latter also returns viewstate on the response header which is a waste of resources. Make keypress time delay configurable too. we have to go inside the predictive js to decrease the response time which by default set to 500ms.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create versioning in Staging Task Groups

As much as the task group lists are useful. We feel that if they could be further developed so that it includes versioning of pages/templates for non-technical website editors.

This would mean that website editors could work on the same template and stage only their changes rather than all of the changes that have been made on that page/template.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

I think you’re trying to achieve a cooperation process. However, staging of version history is not a good solution for that.

Let’s say the staging will support version history changes, but after a successful staging, the new version history will overwrite the old versions as there’s no merge.

We are solving this with our CI functionality. Which may be difficult for non-technical users, however, there are User-Friendly merge/repository tools that may be useful in this case.

Please let me know what you think about this.

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak
    E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

3. setting to default macro to not be signed

The setting would have the macros not be signed so they would run as the Public user. This could be an issue if working with work flows or unpublished content, as a public user would not have access to that. But for the majority of macros I think the public user would have access and it would be better security as it is being all ran as a public user.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Task groups

Would be great if you could assign tasks to a task group retrospectively (or change the task group assigned to a particular task if you happened to forget to reset the task group before you started making changes!)...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, Thank you very much for this idea.

There is a tricky part about Update staging tasks. These tasks may end up in more than one task group. Example: A change made by user A will create a task in group A, but another change by user B over the same object may edit the existing task and assign it to group B. After that, the task is in two groups.

The question is whether it’s sufficient to set one task group to a task retrospectively. This will allow us to create a balk action where you can assign a task group to multiple tasks. However, in the described rare scenario, a task from two task groups will be re-assigned to only one.

Thank you

Kind Regards
    Michal Kadak
    E-commerce and Platform Product Owner

5. Disable selected users all at one time

Add the ability to disable multiple users at once in the Users app. Currently when you select multiple users you can 'Delete' selected items. I'm looking to just disable them.
    The use case is where you want your editors disabled in your production environment but they become re-enabled through the staging of objects and data from stage environment to production environment.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Administration UI should be available on mobile devices

You should be able to effectively use the Administration UI on tablets and other mobile devices

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Resign macros by user/select user or identity to assign macro to

During an upgrade you have to resign macros. It would be nice if you could resign all macros by a specific user or Identity. This way it would help prevent security issues. If there are macros that are bad from specific users you can look at them individually.

If you are resigning macros and can select only specific macros from a user, it would be nice if you could then resign them back to that user or to a specific identity.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow ES2015 modules in MVC PageBuilder inline editor scripts

ES2015 modules are the future of JavaScript dependency management, whether used directly client side or to create bundles on the server side.

It's frankly ridiculous that if I have an "import" statement in a script registering an inline editor for use in PageBuilder widgets, that import statement is not detected; either directly via a quick check of the scripts content (hint: its always the first word if its there at all) or via the commonly used file extension ".mjs".

All that needs to happen to enable this feature is for the page builder to detect the use of this feature…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to update temporary license keys without have to delete and add

Allow users to update temporary license keys to full license without have to delete the old and then add the new license. The goal would be achieve zero downtime when the switch is required.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the ability for CSS stylesheets and Page templates to be global instead of site-specific.

I've run into an issue where a client may want to create numerous sites on the same Kentico installation, and want all sites to have access to common CSS and Page templates. I think this currently requires updating each CSS stylesheet and Page template's list of sites that has access to it.

It would be nice if there was an option to make a CSS stylesheet or Page template "global", so that individual sites wouldn't need to be assigned to them.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. UX improving

Hello,
    I would like to possibility change size of field with text, which I edit.
    I have big monitor, I would like to enlarge field "popis" (see attachement).

thx a lot
    michal

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. datetimeoffset data type

it would be great to be able to create datetimeoffset fields in custom pages and custom tables.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search by Class Name in Module list

As the title suggests, it would be nice if we could search by Class Name on the Modules page as it is not always obvious which module a class is defined in.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Translations correction

Our customers are reporting wrong core translations.
    Would it be possible to make some corrections given that we would provide the list.
    See example from German culture (incorrect BREITE instead of correct JA)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. JavaScript Source Map

When you minify a JavaScript file, you can generate a "Source Map", which allows browsers' dev tools to display and debug against the unminified symbols, even though the actual running code is using the minified version.
    I propose that when Kentico creates a minified GetResource object, it should also generate this map and include it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a "User must change password on next login" checkbox to the User module

Seems pretty straightforward. The part that might not be straightforward is that we have a group of users we manage externally and we need to have that group of users change password but the password isn't stored in Kentico but I can manage that part as long as there's a flag to check that I can reset. Yes, I could add it myself but this is a standard feature in any system that manages users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More fine-grained control options for MVC Page Builder section configuration

MVC Page Builder section properties in the K12 Service Pack were an extremely welcome addition. Good job on that, y'all!

Unfortunately, it seems like section properties are really only set up with two options for editing:

1.) Form Components in the stock configuration dialog - Super limited, with no lifecycle management. Need to manage a little bit of state, then safely release that resource for garbage collection when the configuration dialog closes? Whoops, just going to have to live with that memory leak!

2.) Modal Dialogs - Heavy handed, one-size fits all solution that inhibit ease of feature discovery (opening…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support MySQL

With Microsoft removing BYOL support in Amazon AWS running in any other cloud platform (other than Azure) can be extremely costly due to Microsoft SQL licensing. Please Kentico break the MSSQL chains, there's no technical reason to be attached to it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide "proxy mode" option for Banned IPs

When Kentico runs behind a load balancer, the Banned IP application is unable to react to the visitor's IP because the requests carry the IP of the load balancer. Microsoft provides a proxy mode in IIS to address this problem. A similar solution in Kentico would be helpful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/get-started/whats-new-in-iis-8/iis-80-dynamic-ip-address-restrictions#configuring-iis-for-proxy-mode

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. transformations and SQL Queries Apps

the way transformations and SQL Queries are tied to a page type is inconvenient.

1. you can't just search for a transformation and SQL Query in CMS, unless you remember to which page type you tied them.

2. when you move a page type to production via staging, all recently modified/new transformations and SQL Queries will be moved, but it's not necessarily required, especially when working on multiple projects and not everything should go to prod at the same time.

3. sometimes i would delete a page type, but then i lose the tied transformations and SQL Queries, which is not my desire.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base