Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix hyperlink bug & inability to add a photo caption in CKEditor

The university I work at uses recently updated to v10 and shortly after we noticed that after about 5 minutes of working in kentico, you can no longer add in hyperlinks. The window either loads forever or it loads a blank page making it impossible to add the link without using a silly work around - links should be a straightforward process.

Lukas from Kentico told us "I discussed this with our Product Owner - unfortunately CKEditor will not be upgraded in Kentico 12 and currently there are no plans for upgrading it in any feature version. I am really…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Responsive Images Attachment GUID Selector

In K10 we started with responsive images. Kentico uses Attachment Variants to get this working.

I would like to have a media selector, which returns the attachment GUID. Currently only the attachment URL is selected.
    But I need the GUID for almost every attachment helper method in the CMS code.

It would be very cool to have an attachment selector, where the user could upload a new file as cms.file (content) or as document attachment (attachment) but not to the media library.
    The selector stores the GUID, so we could get all attachments (with variants) to create our responsive images…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable moving UI elements in custom module

Currently only up/down function on same level is enabled. Enable moving event to parent/sub levels.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Form list view - add timestamp for latest submission

When you look at the list of your forms the only information you are given is the Form Name and the number of Entries. As our forms rarely have an expiration, I would also like to see a timestamp for the last submission to each form (the column labelled "Form inserted" in the Recorded data view). This means at a glance I would be able to tell which forms had recent activity and which ones haven't.

In our office, the person receiving emailed form data is not usually me, but I need to refer to the forms regularly to see…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow all country versions to be updated at once

For instance, be able to change a picture or page title across all country versions at once, rather than having to do it manually on each country version

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add an option to have MVC widget property dialogs open automatically when placing on page

When placing a MVC widget into a section, and the widget has a properties dialog with required fields, it would be sensible to open the widget configuration dialog automatically.

Currently, it does not open and a content editor will see incomplete results on the page, or could save the page without adding these properties in. If the widget has properties, especially required properties, open the widget dialog by default. Or, add a WidgetController property/setting to designate whether this behavior should occur.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. View webpart properties without checking out the template

When using versioning and checkout/checkin for templates I have to checkout a template not only yo modify webparts on the template but also to view the properties of a webpart.
    I often need to just view the properties of webparts and this is not possible if another developer has the template checkedout.

I'd like to be able to open the properties window of a webpart in read-only mode when the template is not checkedout by me.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Progress on Continuous Integration Restore

If you are processing a very large set of CI items, the CI restore looks like it's just sitting there, taking upwards of an hour depending on how large your data set it. It would be great to have a % progresses indication so we don't think it's just frozen and cancel it.

As it stands, can't use CI for sites with 10's of thousands of data objects.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Live URL visible in Properties/URL

During the changes with the field Path or pattern (Properties/URL) it would be nice to see LiveURL immediately in the same window. There is necessary to have another browser tab (with Properties/General) or anonymous window (with the page) open

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Thumbnail view for attachment fields containing image variants

I would like to have a thumbnail view mode for attachment fields. We use this field type to store gallery images with concerned image versions. The customer likes to have a thumbnail view mode like it is available for folders containing multiple cms.file pages.

In the "attachment" field type, only a list view is possible. The image is shown only on hover.

In addition it would be nice to have an option to hide image variants because the content editors do not need this information.

Thx, Elmar

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Set hotkey to open live site instead of 2 clicks as now

Add a hotkey such as Ctrl+F1, Ctrl+F2 to open live site mode instead of click "Application list" -> Live site

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multi-lingual sites - dont change current site language if default culture page is loaded.

If we have a multi-lingual site, and set the Combine with default culture Setting option, if a page is not available or translated, then it loads the page in the default culture. However, it also then changes the selected language for the site to the default culture.
    This is confusing for the site visitor, since not only is the page in a different language, but also the header, footer, menus and all surrounding content.
    It would be preferable if the default culture page was loaded inside the existing language, without changing the site language.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Drag and drop content ordering for the order stories appear on the front end. The current "arrow" solution is archaic and slow.

We need to be able to drag and drop articles in the Featured Content Listing in order to change the order they appear on the front end. Using and up/down arrow is inefficient and cumbersome. Event a manual entry number solution would be a huge improvement.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CSS List Menu - Additional Class Property for <ul>

As you know, you can add css selectors to first, last, hover, mouseout, mouseover, and even add an id to the <ul>, within the web part properties.

But why do you not allow css selectors to be added to the <ul>? jQuery is the only option to add classes to the <ul>.

Just a suggestion, since you already have so many places to add css classes. Why not on the <ul> too? Also, because of better css techniques, you don’t really need many of the other options for adding css classes, if you have a class at the top level…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to see what webparts are using particular transformations

It would be a welcome addition to the kentico interface to be able to see where a certain transformation is being used. This could be implemented the same way as in pages were you can see what documents are using a particular page type. This would aid in the changing of transformations so we can track of what those changes might be affecting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Forms - Ability to use a form without the page context

I would like to be able to use the forms sometimes without the page context. Also a direct preview (URL) would be appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. External Form Post

Allow for HTTP POST of a form that just goes to an external site. I don't want to have to write any C# or bypass everything with JQUERY or other library. I just want to put method="POST" and an action="externalurl" to send my form data to.

e.g. Salesforce Web-to-Case, Web-to-Lead other third party widget that I want to embed in my site that has nothing to do with Kentico at all.

Sometimes, you just don't want to Forms from Kentico as the information is going to SurveyGizmo or something else. Just a simple post to a 3rd party URL where…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unsubscribe a lot of names at once

I have many emails that I need to remove from my lists. I would like to import a list and opt them out in one shot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Glossary

Create the ability to add a glossary of terms with definitions. Allow searching through it and allow terms to be categorized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Export custom fields of page types in content tree

Export custom fields of page types in content tree

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base