Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to insert webparts/widgets in between other webparts/widgets (Not only on the bottom)

Hello, I'd love to see a way to add a widget above/below an already existing widget when in a widget zone on the Page tab or add a webpart above/below an already existing webpart in the Design tab. Currently, when adding a new widget or webpart to their respective zones, it is automatically placed at the end of the list. This is a hassle when a page is created with many widgets/webparts and then a click and drag is needed to place the item where it needs to go.

Thank you,

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow admin to delete more than 1 record at a time when viewing a custom table

it's quite common to have a lit of checkboxes beside an entry and tick the one you'd like to remove/delete

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bulk upload of files into content tree

We had a client who wanted to assign per-file and per-folder permissions in their site. Initially we tried to use media galleries, but permissions on those can only be assigned at the gallery (root folder) level.

As a work-around, we looked at using the content tree, but the inability to upload files in bulk was a deal breaker there. We ended up solving the problem by using multiple media libraries and just organizing the documents in a way where we could assign permissions by library.

It would be great if you guys could allow files to be bulk-uploaded to the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ACL - Grant access by role

Currently I can't grant access to a page for users in one specific role using ACL settings.
    I was told to use a "deny" role instead - which is not a solution for me.

It would be great if it is possible to grant read access to a page for users in one specific role. This is not possible at the moment.

Current behaviour example:
    If I set "Requires Authentication", any user who is logged in gets access, regardless of the user's roles.
    If I do not set "Requires Authentication", even anonymous users can read it.
    If I use the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adding unique key constraints in custom tables

I don't believe there's a way to specify that a certain column in a custom table should be unique, beyond writing a custom insert event that tries to detect other items with the same field.
    This would ideally be implemented using the SQL unique key constraint properties, and in the custom table Fields UI it could simply show as another "Validation Rule" dropdown option, or as a checkbox similar to "Required".

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a field within the Form tab for a 'Review Date' and extend Outdated Pages app

Within regulated markets our clients are requesting the ability to trigger notifications / workflows for content which needs to be reviewed rather than unpublish. Currently the only way to achieve this is to use the Outdated Pages app or develop a custom scheduled task. This could be extended with content for review and also trigger a notification email. This would be great to build into the core of the project given the enterprise reach of the product now.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. generated code class inheritance

Introduce class inheritance in generated page type model classes. Right now a page type can inherit from a base page type which is very handy. However when c# classes are generated (in code tab of the Page Types app) they both inherit from TreeNode which is very inconvenient as it denies access to base properties across all derived classes. The derived class should inherit from the base class instead of TreeNode.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow import/export of XLIFF translation files for custom resource strings in the Localization app

Kentico allows you to define custom, translatable resource strings via the Localization application, under the Resource strings tab.

However, it doesn't look like there's a built-in method to export those resource strings to XLIFF file(s) for translation to other cultures.

It would be beneficial to have the ability to send XLIFF files to a translation company to translate into a new culture, and import the updated XLIFF files directly into the site, as we can currently do with pages.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a "File Manager" feature to enable non-developers to easily swap out files in the root folder like robots.txt.

Add a "File Manager" feature to enable non-developers to easily swap out files in the root folder like robots.txt, Google and Bing authorization files, etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add functionality to use Shift to select multiple items in a list

On a page like Staging, when I want to select 10 items out of a 20 item list, I can't click the first item and then use the Shift button on my keyboard and click the last item to select them all at once.

Instead I have to click 10 times to individually select each one.

You do have the option of clicking the box to select the entire list, but if I want to highlight one chunk out of a big list, I can't do it quickly or efficiently without clicking every single individual item.

This is a very…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add support for Webp

Firefox now also supports webp images. Edge will also when it starts to use the Chrome engine. It will only be a matter of time before all browsers support webp images

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable Kentico Admins to preview without publishing page

It would be really useful if there could be a 'preview to draft' mode so that admins can preview their changes before publishing to live. The existing preview mode shows you how the page will look on the front end, but the content is published at this stage. This often confuses users.

I understand we can do this with workflow but this would be great as a basic function.

Thanks!

Kelly

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Digital Asset Management

Upload assets in bulk, assign them multiple metadata and then have them displayed quickly/easily through out the site using repeaters which specifically target the list of metadata.

Example:
    Upload a photo of a tree.

Meta data on characteristics of image: Tree, Apple, In Bloom, Backyard, Sunset Tree

Meta data on photograph: rights managed, photographer, date, price, limitations.

Meta data on access/sites/access: Allowed on intranet, not allowed on external.

Just standard DAM functionality. Seems like a popular module. It would make managing images in the Media Library a whole lot easier to manage too.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't set height via style in image editor

When resizing an image in the image editor set the height and width properties as attributes not with the style tag. when you set the height and width it makes it difficult to make the image resize automatically with the browser.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Media Library search of file title and file description

When keyword searching a media library, the search only searches the file name. It would be very helpful to have the search also look at the file title and file description fields that can be set on the file.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Built-in localization support for System.Web.Mvc.RemoteAttribute on data models

Most data annotation attributes are supported and localized automatically when a call to builder.UseDataAnnotationsLocalization(); is added in the ApplicationConfig file, which is great and we've adopted this across the board, however the RemoteAttribute does not appear to be supported.

It is used for real-time remote validation, such as checking if an email address is in use.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enchance workflow to incorporate a side-by-side view of the content changes. important for non-editors to confirm changes for regulatory pur

Enchance workflow to incorporate a side-by-side view of the content changes. important for non-editors to confirm changes for regulatory pur

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Redirect URLs/Aliases When Archiving a Page

When I delete a page, I have the option to "Redirect old URLs to another page", which is great because one does not want to create broken links or 404 errors on your site for UX and SEO purposes.

However when I archive a page, I don't have this option and have to manually follow these steps:

- change original page alias
    - copy all aliases individually from original page
    - archive original page
    - past all aliases to redirected page

When I archive a microsite with 10 pages and each page has 5-10 aliases, this becomes very time consuming…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Better page selection when using translation functionality

The current single path selector in the translation app leaves much to be desired. You have to create two exports to do a section of the site (one for the parent page, and then one for its children).

Adding the ability to select a node and its children, or specify multiple paths, or even choose multiple ad-hoc pages would make it less cumbersome.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Media gallery list view option (rather than folder tree)

Right now, the only way to navigate through folders in a Media Gallery web part is to show the folder tree and have users navigate with the tree.

It would be nice to have an alternate "list view" option where folders and files are listed like they are in Windows Explorer, SharePoint, and other file management tools. In other words, folders and files all appear in a single list, and users can simply click the folder name to navigate down a level.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base