Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Kentico Admins to preview without publishing page

It would be really useful if there could be a 'preview to draft' mode so that admins can preview their changes before publishing to live. The existing preview mode shows you how the page will look on the front end, but the content is published at this stage. This often confuses users.

I understand we can do this with workflow but this would be great as a basic function.

Thanks!

Kelly

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding unique key constraints in custom tables

I don't believe there's a way to specify that a certain column in a custom table should be unique, beyond writing a custom insert event that tries to detect other items with the same field.
    This would ideally be implemented using the SQL unique key constraint properties, and in the custom table Fields UI it could simply show as another "Validation Rule" dropdown option, or as a checkbox similar to "Required".

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Repeatable Elements

In certain other CMS-es it is possible to implement a repeatable field within a smartform, this way for exampel contents such as articles do not need to have a predefined number of fields/elements but can provide the flexibility to add as many as the user wishes.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create "pre-configured web parts"

It would be nice to have an area of the CMSDesk where we could create "pre-configured" web parts. I find that I need to show the same data on multiple pages... and I have to configure the same web part multiple times.

Page inheritance does not always work. Nor does cloning a web part and setting default values (as suggested in the documentation).

Let me explain: I have a web part being used in 15 different page templates. I needed to change the OrderBy value and had to do so for all 15 web parts individually.

It would be nice…

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  15 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use the HTML5 placeholder attribute for watermark text across all webparts/controls

The HTML5 placeholder attribute is well supported in modern browsers and easy to polyfill for older browsers.

I would suggest that a polyfill should be implemented by the website developers rather than Kentico.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide better tag managment

Given how tags are an important part of content strategy these days, Kentico CMS needs a better way to centrally manage tags so they can be easily updated, deleted, and added to documents, images, and files. The system does list all the tags and provides a way to see all the documents with a given tag, but there is no edit capability.

The API does provide a way to manage the tags, but a nice UI is needed for administrators.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically add semantics

Allow built in semantics (RDF, Open Graph) for documents, which can be configured easily. So for example a "product" document would automatically output semantic meta data (name, descriptions, photo, price, promotion, localisation information etc) without the CMS editor needing to fill in extra fields. Smart search could also use the meta data to help prioritise the search results. Perhaps there could be a choice in compliance too; facebook open graph, twitter cards, standard open graph etc. Semantics are becoming increasingly important for Web apps and e-commerce - it would be great to see it easily achievable in Kentico without the…

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a setting to require content editors to enter alternate text for all images.

All images on a site should have their alternate text property set for accessibility reasons. There should be a setting that requires editors to set the alternate text property for all images.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Share your thoughts  ·  3 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support ZURB's Foundation Front End Framework

ZURB's Foundation front end framework is in the same class as Twitter Bootstrap and makes it easier for developers to prototype and implement mobile first designs that work cross platform.

Currently the Kentico CSS and Foundation clash making editing in CMSDesk or in-page editing impossible (see here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17055672/using-zurb-foundation-in-kentico-cms-portal-engine).

It would be great if this were not the case as deliverables from outside agencies or existing migration products may be based on this popular framework.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. most viewed

I would great to have a webpart where you can see the top N most viewed pages/products/blogposts or any documenttype in a repeater style.

It's a very common "widget" on a lot of websites.

Thank you.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base