Kentico Product Ideas

Welcome to the community site for sharing and discussing your ideas for Kentico, the integrated marketing solution.

Help us better understand your needs so that we can deliver a product you love. It’s easy!
Simply share your ideas, comment on the ideas of others and vote for those you want to see happen in Kentico.

If you could add something to Kentico, what would it be and why?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow using Kentico 12 in a mixed MVC and Portal Engine site

Kentico is now moving forward in technology with the new MVC model which is highly appreciated. They also encourage everyone to migrate to the new model announcing an end of support for Portal engine with 2022.

What is stopping us and many customer projects at the moment is:

1.) You cannot create a mixed MVC AND Portal Engine site currently. You also cannot migrate an existing Portal Engine site of a customer to MVC or mixed.

2.) A lot of features which are widely used are not yet available for MVC sites (Existing webparts, widgets, many/all of the social features…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Translate Widgets in MVC

According to documentation "Note: Text added and displayed on MVC pages through page builder widgets is not processed by translation services." This will become an issue for a majority of our clients that prefer the widget approach to the CMS administration.

Kentico should seriously consider adding this feature if they want current and potential clients to embrace your MVC solution. We will not be able to recommend Kentico MVC for clients that require integration with translation services until this addressed.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Properties to MVC Widget Sections

Kentico 12 introduces MVC Portal, which uses Widget Sections to add structure to your widget placement.

These structures do not allow for properties to be passed to them to configure the section. This is important because on mobile-responsive sites, you could have a 2 column (50-50) layout that on desktop is 50-50, mobile 75-25, or you could have a 2 column layout that on large is 80-20, medium 50-50, small 100 and 100, etc.

Along with this many times you want to add a wrapping class to a section to style the elements within it.

We want the ability to…

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Official support for "Feature Folders" pattern in Kentico 12 Mvc

When ASP.NET Mvc was first launched it was a significant change in project and framework design compared to Web Forms. Microsoft needed to place the Framework changes front and center for help developers understand the new pattern.

Now Mvc has been around for 10 years in the ASP.NET world and other patterns, especially in front-end javascript developemt but also in ASP.NET Core, have shown to be more scalable and maintainable.

Feature Folders is a pattern that supports focusing on business feature requirements in naming and file path conventions.

Developers rarely work on "Models" or "Controllers" or "Views". Instead they are…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide or customise Kentico 12 Form Builder components

Hide and customise default K12 Form Builder components.

At the moment there are no ways to hide or customise form builder components in Kentico 12 and it can be frustrating for the content editors.

A good example is for us, where we would never use the US Post Code form component, so it would be good to hide this.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create Page / URL and Media picker's for MVC Widget Properties window

Create Page / URL picker for MVC Widget Properties window.
    It would be useful to be able to have a Page or URL Picker for when working with MVC Widgets..

It would also be useful to have a Media Picker, instead of having to upload a new image each time.

Right now, there are very limited controls that can be used here..

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Official support for Attribute Routing in Kentico 12 Mvc projects

Attribute Routing for Mvc has been official supported by Microsoft since October 2013.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/webdev/2013/10/17/attribute-routing-in-asp-net-mvc-5/

Some developers in the .NET web community recognize it as a superior routing solution to Convention Routing, which is what Kentico 12 Mvc currently uses.

It can be shown that Attribute Routing scales much better in terms of maintenance and flexibility with large projects compared to Convention Routing. These large projects are exactly the type that benefit from using Mvc instead of Web Forms.

Sometimes a combination of Convention and Attribute Routing can lead to the best results for a site.

If Kentico wants to empower…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MVC Page Builder allowed Sections

At the moment, I can just set "allowed widgets" in editable areas.

I would like to have "allowed sections" in addition.

With this, I would be able to allow only 1-column sections in concerned editable areas, where it would break the layout if editors would use 2- or multi-column sections.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion! Based on the feedback we received, we are exploring this addition to the Page builder. Can you please share how important the following features are to you?

1. The possibility to specify allowed sections per editable area
    2. The possibility to specify the number of sections that can be added to an editable area
    3. The possibility to specify allowed widgets per section

Thanks

David

9. Add support for Webp

Firefox now also supports webp images. Edge will also when it starts to use the Chrome engine. It will only be a matter of time before all browsers support webp images

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Content Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enhance Google Recaptcha v2 language option

Currently the code force to use 2 iso language code to form the Google Recaptcha API instead of referring to https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/language for actual code. I could not change it due to the fact that I did not purchase a source code license. Need the flexibility to bypass that hardcoded incorrect method.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enforce password expiration to specific roles

It would be a good idea if there is a way to enforce password expiration for users enrolled in specific roles

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ckeditor 5.x

CKEditor 5 - it is awesome if Kentico would upgrade the CKEditor to version 5 that support more powerful and user-friendly editor tools.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an option to have MVC widget property dialogs open automatically when placing on page

When placing a MVC widget into a section, and the widget has a properties dialog with required fields, it would be sensible to open the widget configuration dialog automatically.

Currently, it does not open and a content editor will see incomplete results on the page, or could save the page without adding these properties in. If the widget has properties, especially required properties, open the widget dialog by default. Or, add a WidgetController property/setting to designate whether this behavior should occur.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Share preview link without context of editor

When an editor shares a preview link, the user receiving that link will be signed in as the editor sharing the link.

This is not desired because navigating to for instance profile pages would share personal details.

An easy fix would be adding a "preview-user", which could be selected in the settings.

Since K12 it is not possible anymore to simply remove the user from the preview url.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reporting on the Value of an Abandoned Cart/Basket

Allow admin users to be able to report on the value of baskets recovered. This would allow users to recognise the revenue generated by the abandoned basket marketing automation process.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  E-commerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ACL - Grant access by role

Currently I can't grant access to a page for users in one specific role using ACL settings.
    I was told to use a "deny" role instead - which is not a solution for me.

It would be great if it is possible to grant read access to a page for users in one specific role. This is not possible at the moment.

Current behaviour example:
    If I set "Requires Authentication", any user who is logged in gets access, regardless of the user's roles.
    If I do not set "Requires Authentication", even anonymous users can read it.
    If I use the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Macros in Mass Email

There have been several times when a general but personalized email needed to be sent to a group of site users. The email would need to have a personalized greeting, or some other user-specific data inserted in the body. Ideally I would be able to use the 'Mass Email' feature to select multiple users and create an email body that contains user-context macros, but this is not an option right now. These instances are pretty simple standalone cases where it would be overkill to use the online marketing messaging features.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make links more accessible with aria-label attribute field

Would be awesome if you'd add a new field under the Advanced tab of the Insert link dialog for descriptive text that would get rendered as an arial-label attribute on the link being inserted. This would allow content editors to create accessible "read more" links without having to switch to source mode.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customization of Widget / Inline Editor asset bundling

Mvc widgets are great because they give both developers and content managers flexibility in features, design, and content.

I envision developers creating Widget libraries to enable re-use of common widget patterns across sites or sharing them with the community.

Currently the bundling process for widgets when the Mvc site is in edit-mode when configuring widgets in the CMS is very restrictive.

I have to copy javascript/css that I copy from Github into files in my Mvc project and then commit them. This goes against the best practices of not committing build artifacts to source control.

The javascript community has already…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Kentico Product Ideas